Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pv83:
popquiz question of the week, what marque is it…?

Maybe a proto type from a Tractomas.

pv83:

Faun?

Saviem

saviem58.jpg

Henry van den Berg:

pv83:

Maybe a proto type from a Tractomas.

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

Faun?

Hiya Henry, like the idea, don’t reckon it’s got owt to do with the Tractomas we know…

Aye, reckoned it was some early type Faun ■■■■■■■ anorak, but apart from the cab it doesn’t look all that Faun-ish, does it? Could be wrong though as usual…

Back to very old French trucks, here’s a model specially built by Berliet at the break of WW II. A tank wrecker, it could lift and carry an army tank. Some 30 were produced.

6 first pictures show it in its initial display and use.

Powered by a big 15-litre Berliet 6-cyl. diesel givig some 140 bhp.

One of France’s first 6x4 trucks

A small army rail engine (maybe Berliet too) is loaded here

What looks like a boiler.

A few survived WW II and were converted to civilian use, as heavy load tractors.

And one is preserved at the “Fondation Berliet” near Lyon. Unfortunately, its cab was scrapped.

A scale model is available

A fantastic post Froggy55. Really interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One for [zb]anorak: Fiat / Viberti

Fiat Viberti.png

jsutherland:
A fantastic post Froggy55. Really interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+1 :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

What the ■■■■ is that Robert? Normally the Italians are true artists when it comes to design, this one however…

pv83:

ERF-NGC-European:

What the [zb] is that Robert? Normally the Italians are true artists when it comes to design, this one however…

:laughing: Perhaps he designed the cab after a night on the Peronis and decided to grow tomatoes and peppers in it instead - that’s what I would’ve done! Robert

Davidoff:
Okay chaps.
Some more photos from Locomotion, and some facts or anecdotes which you might finds interesting.

First picture is for Mr. John West who was expressing an interest in the Scammell from the South.
Here goes (complete with fleet support)

Some superb 1960s cab design (I believe David Miller posted a picture earlier too)

Berliet GR205

A Diamond T wrecker towing a mini-wrecker (Renault Galion)

Thanks for that David. Just seen that! Yes, that Scammell certainly looks and sounds the business!

John.

When I was a whippersnapper - long time ago - I used to go out with a friend of mine who had his own lorry. I was allowed to get behind the wheel now and again. It was a fine machine to drive. If I remember correctly it was one of the earlier 4 x 2 models to have air suspension on the drive axle.
Johnny

jsutherland:
When I was a whippersnapper - long time ago - I used to go out with a friend of mine who had his own lorry. I was allowed to get behind the wheel now and again. It was a fine machine to drive. If I remember correctly it was one of the earlier 4 x 2 models to have air suspension on the drive axle.
Johnny

Cracking looking motor mate! Wish they still build those instead of those IKEA engineered…whatever it is… :wink:

Following pic’s are hanging on “the wall of fame” in the Les Routiers where I’m stranded for the weekend, terribly sorry about the quality, couldn’t snap it from any other angle… :blush:

Article in the local newspaper, second time that happened this week, I’ve witnessed something similar last Wednesday, two lorries were in front of me with wide pieces (5m) and this ■■■■■■ driving a curtain sider wouldn’t give way, ignoring the fact there were two pilot cars up front, first convoi was able to steer away, his colleague wasn’t so lucky…ended up jack knifed with the cab and dieseltank badly damaged…

pv83:
Following pic’s are hanging on “the wall of fame” in the Les Routiers where I’m stranded for the weekend, terribly sorry about the quality, couldn’t snap it from any other angle… :blush:

Much appreciate you taking any sort of picture when they look like that. Enjoy your weekend.

pv83:

Where exactly are you being weekended Patrick?

pv83:
Article in the local newspaper, second time that happened this week, I’ve witnessed something similar last Wednesday, two lorries were in front of me with wide pieces (5m) and this ■■■■■■ driving a curtain sider wouldn’t give way, ignoring the fact there were two pilot cars up front, first convoi was able to steer away, his colleague wasn’t so lucky…ended up jack knifed with the cab and dieseltank badly damaged…

There it is again, more easy to read. This time a woman biker got serilusly injured when a car overtook a truck despite a continuous white line.

By the way, where are you stuck, David? Not around Sancerre, by any chance?

jsutherland:

pv83:

Much appreciate you taking any sort of picture when they look like that. Enjoy your weekend.

Dont fall for that one Johnny ! :wink: The Whipper snapper is obviously dragging the job out again so he can go on the lash all weekend !! :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davidoff:

pv83:

Where exactly are you being weekended Patrick?

La Barre at the “Moulin du malade”, roughly said between Dole and Besançon. Might be one of the oldest Les Routiers in France…