Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Retired Old ■■■■:

pv83:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I think you’ll find that those are “setts”, pv83. If they had been cobbles you’d have been at the physio’s by now!

Take an educated guess about my where about’s at this moment :laughing:
Whatever it was, surely took me back to medieval times like…

Oh dear!
We have quite a few streets in Macclesfield still paved with granite setts, although the locals refer to then as “cobbled streets”. I had originally been sent up here from God’s Own County as a missionary but totally failed in my attempts to instil “Proper English” into the Maxonian populace. I should have listened to my old grand father when he told me, “You can’t educate pork”!

Let me salute you Sir for attempting to teach proper English to those parts of the country, but I presume you’ve found out that’s not an easy task… stubborn people up there, one might even say grumpy at best :wink: but surely it’s not too late to come back safely to God’s Own County, only county where time haven’t stood still…?! :laughing:
If you’re still on the missionary path, you might want to go a bit further down south, it seems that the people up there have a very special way of communicate with each other, left overs from a very ancient dialect, strongly spoken in a area called London, absolutely understandable if you’re from a more sophisticated place… :laughing:

Whilst searching for summit else I’ve came across these… nice to see how they got things done at the other side of the world :sunglasses:

Cheers, Patrick

Im-not-sure-if-the-GMC-is-about-to-tow-this-load-I-would-have-thought-it-may-need-a-bit-more-weight-over-the-drivers-for-tractionObviously-mudguards-or-flaps-were-not-a-re.png

Retired Old ■■■■:

pv83:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I think you’ll find that those are “setts”, pv83. If they had been cobbles you’d have been at the physio’s by now!

Take an educated guess about my where about’s at this moment :laughing:
Whatever it was, surely took me back to medieval times like…

Oh dear!
We have quite a few streets in Macclesfield still paved with granite setts, although the locals refer to then as “cobbled streets”. I had originally been sent up here from God’s Own County as a missionary but totally failed in my attempts to instil “Proper English” into the Maxonian populace. I should have listened to my old grand father when he told me, “You can’t educate pork”!

you’re mistake in your choice of residence , you could have come another 12 miles into a more select and discerning area . we have proper tarmac roads ( with potholes galore ) and speak proper like . things are going downhill fast though since our council amalgamated with the heathens in leek .

French Saurer built in Suresnes with a body from “carrosserie Eudoise”.

Another one for the “proper routiers” thread;
This one situated just off junction 15 on the A13 (Paris-Rouen), take the old N13 towards Evreux and it’s just past the traffic lights on the left, village is called Chauffour les Bonnieres.
Friendly staff, and they serve an excellent supper :sunglasses:

Cheers, Patrick

20160623_073751.jpg

Evening all,

Only a quick one, as must depart for bed at this late hour!

Andre Vilalta from Angers, big Berliet user up until the late 70s when due to the Saviem / Berliet merger the wrong dealer was sacked…so Vilalta began running Mercedes LPs and that led onto the 1626/28/33s. Lovely operation, with a history stretching back to the 1800s with Horse drawn Hippomobiles! Stopped in the late 80s, when they were around 180 fleet strength.

Should I write a bit about Frederici? Interesting company, interesting ancestory…and really interesting lorries in their earlier, (pre KW), days!

Great pictures pv83, that Saviem is one of the military models…but how on earth did it end up there?

Cheerio for now.

Hi John, yes please do write about Frederici. Most of us, if not all, find your posts very interesting. Bye for now, Johnny

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

jsutherland:
Hi John, yes please do write about Frederici. Most of us, if not all, find your posts very interesting. Bye for now, Johnny

img-2773449858.jpg

Some B/W, as they come…

B/W Heavy haulage…

Colour, Heavy Haulage

2vdkyhi.jpg

1z4gzfn.jpg

Twin headlights…conversion ? or for a different market…?

My next door neighbours father use to run a small fleet of coaches near Vannes, before, during, and after the war, finishing in the early '70’s.
She described one of them as being able to slide the engine out of the front of the coach, really couldn’t understand what she meant, and thought she’d lost the plot, till one of the batch of pic’s I got from one of the French lads contained this one…This is a DAF, I can only assume that the French did a similar thing …Cool for the late forties… :wink:

Uitschuifmotor DAF Verheul 1948.jpg

Didn’t get a chance to post a nostalgic pic last week, sorry its a bit late !!

Two here for Robert, couldn’t find the proper thread for Krupp, so put them on here for you…not sure if they’ve been posted before, if they have I can take them off…

Fergie47:
Two here for Robert, couldn’t find the proper thread for Krupp, so put them on here for you…not sure if they’ve been posted before, if they have I can take them off…

Thanks! Yes, these two pics are on the Atkinson CLT thread.

cheers, Robert

Fabulous pictures again Fergie. This thread really has an amazing collection of photos and posts to support them.

FYI …there was an interesting article called the "French Collection "n my latest copy of Heritage Commercials ( a month behind UK ) thought I would let you all know !!!

backsplice:
FYI …there was an interesting article called the "French Collection "n my latest copy of Heritage Commercials ( a month behind UK ) thought I would let you all know !!!

Scan a few pic’s for us…for those that aren’t rich enough to purchase glossy magazines… :unamused: :wink:

Here you are then Fergie… sorry about the ones the wrong way round :cry: