Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

But the chap is wearing a beret and this is how I imagine Saviem looks.

3000 posts!!!

This pic was taken from another thread but , could fit
how powerful was that motor ■■?..
apologies in advance !!

The cab looks in good condition. Probably the IFA engine was too greedy!

Saviem, you are far too modest, I’m sure everyone here will agree, as good as the pictures are and they are very good, you bring them to life with your encyclopedic knowledge of the companies involved.

I find a picture that interests me, post it and within a day or two I have chapter and verse on the lorries and the operator, impressive stuff, Fergie’s photo collection is no less impressive, as are the contributions from the other posters.

This is without doubt the best thread on this site, long may it continue…

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

An other “Portenseigne” lorry , Berliet GLR 8M2.

ChrisArbon:

Congratulations on reaching 100. May there be many more.

Hiya,
Looks like a nice boy.
thanks harry, long retired.

Le President Saviem mentions that some of us will be following the two-wheeled (sometimes three) chaps on the Isle of Man for the next ten days or so. If anyone else is interested, it’s on ITV4 from 9.00pm. each evening. And of course we could still do it! :wink:

But not with these joints. :unamused:

Fergie have not seen you comment on the EU debate, as you reside in France what feelings do you get of the mood from your now fellow countrymen on the subject of weather we stay in or out or do they not care either way, just wondered JD.

Buzzer:
Fergie have not seen you comment on the EU debate, as you reside in France what feelings do you get of the mood from your now fellow countrymen on the subject of weather we stay in or out or do they not care either way, just wondered JD.

That was Fergie and Liz walking up the beach at Dymchurch the other evening I could swear to it! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Late as usual! Congratulations on over 100 pages, Thanks to Kevmac for starting it all off and Fergie’s endless supply of quality photo’s as well as Michel and Patricks contribution and not forgetting John’s outstanding knowledge, here’s to the next 100!

keep-calm-and-drink-bollinger-2.png

I don’t know anything about this camion, other than a Scania Vabis sticker on a window and Kassbohrer in the credits, but I bet there’s a man here that does…

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Buzzer:

Good question John…The Bretons, who actually dislike the Parisians, and therefore, being as they’re based in Paris the government in general, really couldn’t care less whether the UK stay or get out… the main concern of the Bretons is, and always has been, Bretagne…they’re fiercely independent and therefore anyone fighting to get independence would get their vote…but in general the French friends we have rarely talk about politics, let alone British politics, they do think, like us, that all their politicians, and politicians in general, are pretty dam useless…

Bewick:
That was Fergie and Liz walking up the beach at Dymchurch the other evening I could swear to it! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well Den, at this moment in time I cant think of one single reason to ever come back to the UK, I love it here, the people, the peace and tranquillity, the spectacular countryside, the traffic free roads, the food and general way of life…I rarely come back, when I do its usually for funerals or weddings, mainly funerals…but, if in a few years time someone gets out of a rubber dingy at Dymchurch clutching a small brown cask containing some ashes, that maybe Liz, bringing me back, … :unamused:

Fergie47:

Buzzer:

Good question John…The Bretons, who actually dislike the Parisians, and therefore, being as they’re based in Paris the government in general, really couldn’t care less whether the UK stay or get out… the main concern of the Bretons is, and always has been, Bretagne…they’re fiercely independent and therefore anyone fighting to get independence would get their vote…but in general the French friends we have rarely talk about politics, let alone British politics, they do think, like us, that all their politicians, and politicians in general, are pretty dam useless…

Bewick:

Well Den, at this moment in time I cant think of one single reason to ever come back to the UK, I love it here, the people, the peace and tranquillity, the spectacular countryside, the traffic free roads, the food and general way of life…I rarely come back, when I do its usually for funerals or weddings, mainly funerals…but, if in a few years time someone gets out of a rubber dingy at Dymchurch clutching a small brown cask containing some ashes, that maybe Liz, bringing me back, … :unamused:

And Dave ,I hope, my large Brie and a case of Rouge Red !! Cheers Dennis :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
I don’t know anything about this camion, other than a Scania Vabis sticker on a window and Kassbohrer in the credits, but I bet there’s a man here that does…

Evening all,

Mark, you have me well beaten…Anorak is the man for these old Scania Vabis “oddities”…

The front is te same as the standard Kassboherer coach body from the late 50s, …Several appeared as sleeper coaches, with drawbar trailers “Spezialtransporte”, on Mercedes chassis. Some appeared as “chinese sixes”, but only as rigids.

That one would appear to be for one of our “cloggie” friends on the flowers…by gum that tractor was a" long un"…

Now if you had posted one of Martin of Nice “proper” Flower lorries, with their" Flanc Blancs"…I could have waxed poetic!..but a cloggie…with one of those Swedish lorries…sorry…well out of my comfort zone…

But my wifes Uncle ran those odd looking Scanias out of Aalst…and he rated them very highly indeed…

Me, I never classed myself as a Scania man…(untill my good lady ppointed out just how many Scania lorries we ran)…but none of ours were as …er…coachbuilt…as that Kassboherer…

Come on Anorak…give chapter and verse to the chassis!

I shall drown my shame with (copius) Bollinger tonight…(and the Dentist tommorrow)…ah chagrin…

Cheerio for now.

A great picture Pete!

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Wow! I wasn’t expecting that! Over to you anorak…

Good evening gents. I know there is some information on these fabulous Kässbohrer rigs somewhere on here, but my efforts to find it got bogged down in the pleasures of the other posts in the threads! :smiley:

I think the stuff is in either of these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16537
viewtopic.php?t=88537

IIRC, there is also some discussion of them on at least one of these Swedish sites:
veteranlastbilar.se/
vespen.se/default.asp?sectio … vespen=mix

I’ll have a proper look tomorrow, or over the weekend. God natt vänner.

You’re not redundant yet John, here’s a few to stir up some memories for you…

And some more.

Here are some shots of the company that I referred to a while ago that I used to deliver Nestlé chocolate to in Dijon, at least I think it’s the same firm.