Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

newmercman:
A little closer to home for this one after the epic, but brief journey down under the thread has just taken.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Nice one! And surely, that UNIC cab is beautiful because of its ugliness…

Some “odd” ones then, the first two are Fuso’s and are powered by a Mitsubishi 10 cylinder… :open_mouth:

Third one is a Russian MAZ, probably a ex-tanktransporter

A couple of mighty Faun’s

And last but not least, and one of my favourites, Tatra, seen here in Chinese six form, something that never was a common sight on the continent…

Footage was taken by Jan van Wees

Cheers, Patrick

pv83:

Fergie47:
French buddies came up with a few Pacifics as promised…it’d be rude not to share them with you

Cheers for that mate, especially the one one the bridge, very nice indeed :sunglasses:

And thanks for posting yours PV…

So, there seems to be a great deal of interest in the heavy haulage side, so here a few to keep the theme going…now, once again, excuse me if I may have posted one or two before…you see, the old grey cells aren’t working properly like they use to…
Was washing the car the other day, and because the old left knee is a bit dodgy I use an old milking stool to sit on to do the wheels and arches, and bottom half of the car…moved the bucket, sponge, hose, and wheel cleaner, plus the stool, up to and in front of the last wheel, and then sat in the bleeding bucket… :blush:

2808948821_small_1-3564968.jpg

Few more…

death-valley-24-large.jpg

tn_dscn3506.jpg.png

scannen0003-34efe66.png

tn_pascalou73_s47_2009_101.jpg.png

081w.jpg

Beltring-20104-Pacific-en-évolution_81.jpg

tracteur_srbandage.jpg

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:
French buddies came up with a few Pacifics as promised…it’d be rude not to share them with you

Cheers for that mate, especially the one one the bridge, very nice indeed :sunglasses:

And thanks for posting yours PV…

So, there seems to be a great deal of interest in the heavy haulage side, so here a few to keep the theme going…now, once again, excuse me if I may have posted one or two before…you see, the old grey cells aren’t working properly like they use to…
Was washing the car the other day, and because the old left knee is a bit dodgy I use an old milking stool to sit on to do the wheels and arches, and bottom half of the car…moved the bucket, sponge, hose, and wheel cleaner, plus the stool, up to and in front of the last wheel, and then sat in the bleeding bucket… :blush:

Nobody around to take pics when that happened I reckon? :sunglasses: But, hopefully you didn’t hurt yourself that bad, people at a certain age can take a wee bit longer to recover from injuries… :wink:

That Belin really had some impressive kit back in the day… And the third pic from bottom looks like the Van Twist outfit…?

Does that last one says Champion on the cart■■? Only Champion I know is the one from the spark plugs, hopefully they didn’t used that on those poor donkey’s :wink:
It does however give quite an accurate image of how transport was done, and not all that long ago, I’m currently reading “The discovery of France” by Graham Robb, and even in the 1930’s this was quite a common sight to transport things… To some, France was uncivilised for a long time, even the language itself was a problem for most French who rather spoke in their own “language”… this depending of in which corner of the country they lived…

The French sometimes seemed to have been in a competition with each other as to who could haul the most weight on 4 axles. :open_mouth: :laughing:

download/file.php?id=178124

It seems to have followed the formula UK gross weight then add a bit = payload. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Took these some years ago at a Belgian classic car museum, can’t remember where it was or what the name of that museum was, it seems that my grey cells aren’t what they used to be as well…
I’m probably going a bit of topic here, however there’s a French connection though… does it look familiar to anyone? I wonder if it’s got something to do with Poclain?

Cheers, Patrick

Just a few from me, a truck, a crane and a little charabanc and fast approaching the 100 pages not out, Buzzer.

p417217370-2.jpg

th.jpg

I knew I’ve seen that Ponticelli livery before…
Loaded that crane of theirs at the Solvay plant just west of Dole, if my memory serves me well, I think it was sold and was bound for export via Antwerp or Zeebrugge docks. At the time I thought it was a Italian crane company…
I’ve picked the other one up in St. Nazaire, the Altead yard to be more precise, and this too went to Zeebrugge where shipment awaited…

Cheers, Patrick

008.JPG

S5030783.JPG

pv83:
Took these some years ago at a Belgian classic car museum, can’t remember where it was or what the name of that museum was, it seems that my grey cells aren’t what they used to be as well…
I’m probably going a bit of topic here, however there’s a French connection though… does it look familiar to anyone? I wonder if it’s got something to do with Poclain?

Cheers, Patrick

Those phots are digitally enhanced somehow. They look great, but I would like to see a comparison with the originals.

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

Cheers, Patrick

Those phots are digitally enhanced somehow. They look great, but I would like to see a comparison with the originals.

Footage was taken with my old camera, a relic from the non-digital world… so it’s actually a pic of a pic, since I haven’t got a scanner, like :blush:
But I did however retrieved the name of that museum, it’s the Mahy Mobiles museum in Leuze en Hainaut, really worth a visit.

Berliet sold also bonneted and buses in Australia through Leader ,a book written by R.Laurent published by “Blue Flyer Books” explained the history of the firm and its link with Mack.
A GBH along a true Aussie International :

A TRH 280 with split windscreen sold in Australia.

Congratulations…100…that was quick, only seemed a few weeks ago it was 75…thanks to everyone who contributes, not just from the UK, but from all over Europe… :wink:

100 well done

Those French Heavies remind me of some of the stokes we used to pull with x WD equipment ,keep em comming

Fergie47:
Congratulations…100…that was quick, only seemed a few weeks ago it was 75…thanks to everyone who contributes, not just from the UK, but from all over Europe… :wink:

The thread has developed into one of the best on TNUK. I’m really pleased with the way it has progressed. Regards Kev.

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Footage was taken with my old camera, a relic from the non-digital world… so it’s actually a pic of a pic, since I haven’t got a scanner, like :blush:

Full credit to the photographer in that case- the photos are excellent. Full credit to the contributors to this thread also- 100 pages of good stuff from all. This is one of the more informative discussions on TNUK, I think.

Saviem (John) congrats on hitting the 100 page mark, this thread is so popular with so many followers and a lot of that is because of your in depth knowledge of all things but especially the French and there trucks. Your memory is vast and you are an ideal candidate to write a book especially now as you have more time on your hands and I am sure it would be a very interesting read, on to the next 100, and thanks must go to Kevmac for starting it all off, Buzzer.

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Full credit to the photographer in that case- the photos are excellent. Full credit to the contributors to this thread also- 100 pages of good stuff from all. This is one of the more informative discussions on TNUK, I think.

Cheers mate :smiley:

And I must concur with everyone else that this is one of the most interesting threads on here. Hopefully we can continue at the same pace for much longer :sunglasses:

A century with everyone wielding a fine bat, none better than the main man, also thanks to kevmac for a brilliant idea :smiley:

Now then very French and without doubt the Big Daddy of heavy haul…Nicolas Tractomas.
vid here youtube.com/watch?v=dyFzkMstYMY
Oily