Safe load? Apparently the Owner of the company thinks so

Depends what the trailer length is to start with.

So if he took all the wheels off what is it then? Still a load of cars or funny shaped blocks of metal weighing from probably 1100kg to say 1600kg?

BradCarTransporter:
These were on ridgeds but not much difference in load type.

As I mentioned earlier in the post, these are an example of what we did day in day out.

All pictures were taken of the loads on days when pulled over by police or vosa. On every occasion I was allowed to continue on my way.
As long as everything is secure and you’re not over weight there shouldn’t be a problem.

I certainly much prefer how you have strapped them down to the case in the OP. It is though you have taken time to consider what the straps are supposed to do and where the forces are likely to come from. Threading the strap through the car so as to hold it over its sills seems considerably better than over the centre of the roof as per one in the OP. I think the strapping in the OP looks dodgy, may be you should offer them some lessons.

I was a little confused by your load where the transit van is trailing, is the white astra resting on the bonnet of the transit or is it on some sort of frame ?

It is resting on the bonnet, no frame there. That was my second day of ever doing that particular job, in hindsight I would of loaded that load differently, but as I say, I was pulled over as was there and deemed to be perfectly safe.

BradCarTransporter:

As I mentioned earlier in the post, these are an example of what we did day in day out.

All pictures were taken of the loads on days when pulled over by police or vosa. On every occasion I was allowed to continue on my way.
As long as everything is secure and you’re not over weight there shouldn’t be a problem.

I’m surprised, especially the top pic, is it just a single ■■■■■■■■ the blue hatch centre? (Skoda?) seems to be none on the forward lower car? (Rover?)

Also 2nd pic, just 1■■■■■■■■ the Golf on top of the Transit?

BradCarTransporter:

As long as everything is secure and you’re not over weight there shouldn’t be a problem

I don’t know how long ago you were driving these loads but enforcement changed around 2012 when VOSA/DVSA added load securing to the Graduated a Fixed Penalty list. From what I can see of the pictures you posted I would suspect a PG9 and £100 penalty would be issued. Of course the driver/company could choose to have their case heard in court and may well be able to prove it was safe but Insuspect most would pay the £100 rather than risk losing a court case.

The way the Police deal with load security is completely different than DVSA. The Police would have to prosecute - for that they generally need it to have actually shifted or fallen off. DVSA can issue a PG9 and penalty even though it hasn’t shifted yet.