S&K Haulage ??

chester1:
People have always called them Skint and Knackered but some of the vehicles and trailers were quite modern.

always thought the skint and knackered referance was about the drivers not the kit (being pushed to hard and low pay)

Drivers skint & kit knackered, we don’t get pushed much at all. Sometimes might be a rush on - but it’s general haulage, and you gotta expect it sometimes.
And Youngpup - stop nicking my lines :wink:
And to an earlier poster - if you only want 2 nights a week away don’t go tramping on general haulage…
HTH for your future career choices :smiley:

Oh, and to the OP, congrats on getting a job close to home :smiley: I’m off to punch my tripe out up to Glasgow, laters guys…

Went for a job there when told the money and the fact if you are weekended you are only paid a night out and thats it i walked out.

Cheers Sarge , I would have took the chance with S&K but my new job came up at just the right time. My regular co driver on my aid runs to Kosovo used to work for S&K and I know that he earned a lot more than £234 a week and wasn’t pushed but he was on the continental work. Sometimes when you start a new job it may seem long and hard as maybe welshmale has found out and if the money stated for the hours is correct then that is bad but there are guys that have been there some time and I’m sure if it where all bad they would have gone a long time ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using my girlfriends middle tickling finger :wink:

Exactly Paul. I’ve just run seven and a half hours up to Scotland and get £95 for it - I’m happy with that :smiley:

That’s not bad 7 hours to Scotland mmmmmmm£7.20 an hour class 1 work I’d rather deliver Chinese more money less ■■■■

Welshmale60:
That’s not bad 7 hours to Scotland mmmmmmm£7.20 an hour class 1 work I’d rather deliver Chinese more money less [zb]

But then I bet you will only do 5 or 6 hours a night.

The sarge says he got £95 for 7 and a half hours which is over £12.50 an hour

I reckon the bloke with the attitude was ■■■■■■ off having to nursemaid the new bloke when he could have been at home.

I can’t understand someone stipulating 2 nights out on a tramping job, especially when they do International work

I was talking to a driver from Barry the other week.He said he wouldn’t touch S&K with a bargepole.
Apparently the guy that owns the firm has a villa in Italy with a wall full on TV monitors where he sits watching his yards activity all day.
He mentioned on one occasion a group of drivers were having a natter and the big boss phoned the yard from Italy and sent one of his minions out to find out what was happening.
He told me of drivers walking off the job after the traffic office demanded they work errr, “unreasonable hours”, with one in particular and I quote the guys comments I was talking to, “You can shove your job up your (insert word of choice) and your truck keys are in Dover dock.”

I think the reality is, their adverts for drivers appear on the net far too often for the firm to be any good to work for.

Much of their kit is tat and like the guy I spoke to, I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole either.

The Sarge:

chester1:
People have always called them Skint and Knackered but some of the vehicles and trailers were quite modern.

always thought the skint and knackered referance was about the drivers not the kit (being pushed to hard and low pay)

Drivers skint & kit knackered, we don’t get pushed much at all. Sometimes might be a rush on - but it’s general haulage, and you gotta expect it sometimes.
And Youngpup - stop nicking my lines :wink:
And to an earlier poster - if you only want 2 nights a week away don’t go tramping on general haulage…
HTH for your future career choices :smiley:

What line did I nick? And just coz ur motor would not start don’t be jump starting it off mine while I am asleep, my truck was as flat as a witches ■■■ come the morning :wink:

The wife gave birth to the sprog last Sunday that’s why I have not been in, how was your jolly up north?

Why would the bloke bother with a villa in Italy, he could sit and watch TV all day from a cottage in Big Pit :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t listen to the doom mongers without listening to the lads who do the job, the ones I have met have been reasonably happy.

Like cheap holidays to Spain, you only hear about the bad Hotels :stuck_out_tongue:

You should all have a look at facebook.com/SKHaulageGlamorgan

Welshmale60:
1 working week with s&k

Sat induction start 9 until 3 ish

Promised 2 days out a week no more

Monday morning. Given mobile phone, fuel card 52 plate Volvo fh12 ( I honestly thought it was a shunter)

2 local drops Swansea , llantrisant

Loaded for illford they wanted me to have a night out I said no took my 9 and back I came

Start 8am finish 8 pm

Tues

5 am start

Illford tipped

Collected ashford for delivery Southampton

Finishe 8 pm Night out

Wednesday start 8 am

Tipped Southampton

Had tex message load Maidstone now running low on fuel with a as24 card finally find truck stop for fuel enter card low and behold blocked phoned sk told me wait 30 mins 3 hours later another driver turns up with BIG attitude to use his card for fuel

I can’t be bothered to tell you the rest but I ended up out 3 nights that week drove I must say on my own discretion over hours on the Thursday/Friday to get hom pack my bags and get the flock out of s&k

Sat 9 6 hours

Mon. 12 hours No night out

Tues. 15 hours night out

We’d. 15 hours night out

Thursday 15 hours night out

Friday. 6 hours bye bye s&k

2 Severn bridge tolls my expense

Following Friday no pay in bank mmmmmmmmmm

Ring up they say cat find bank detail Application form back page bank details easy

2 hours later phone call money in bank yippee how much

69 hours

3 nights out

2 Severn bridge tolls

£234. Take home I’d rather deliver fish and chips in a noddy van

End off

Soon as I jumped in cab I felt like I already had a night out absolutely discusting

Shocking mate. After tax, you made £3.39/Hr. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And if that’s including your night out/toll money as well…scandalous. No doubt some ■■■■ on here will defend them though… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Truckulent:

Welshmale60:
1 working week with s&k

Monday morning. Given mobile phone, fuel card 52 plate Volvo fh12 ( I honestly thought it was a shunter)

Loaded for illford they wanted me to have a night out I said no took my 9 and back I came

Start 8am finish 8 pm

Tues

5 am start

Illford tipped

Finishe 8 pm Night out

Wednesday start 8 am

Tipped Southampton

Had tex message load Maidstone now running low on fuel with a as24 card finally find truck stop for fuel enter card low and behold blocked phoned sk told me wait 30 mins 3 hours later another driver turns up with BIG attitude to use his card for fuel

I can’t be bothered to tell you the rest but I ended up out 3 nights that week drove I must say on my own discretion over hours on the Thursday/Friday to get hom pack my bags and get the flock out of s&k

Sat 9 6 hours

Tues. 15 hours night out

We’d. 15 hours night out

Ring up they say cat find bank detail Application form back page bank details easy

69 hours

3 nights out

2 Severn bridge tolls

End off

Soon as I jumped in cab I felt like I already had a night out absolutely discusting

And if that’s including your night out/toll money as well…scandalous. No doubt some [zb] on here will defend them though… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If that was true, then a trip down to the small claims court would be in order, he has tachograph and timesheet evidence?

Btw, anyone who runs over their time to get home shouldn’t be in this business :unamused:

waynedl:
Btw, anyone who runs over their time to get home shouldn’t be in this business :unamused:

Really■■? So you would say for arguments sake sit in the truck for 45hrs knowing your 15 mins away from your base…are you for real?? :unamused: :unamused:

waynedl:

Truckulent:

Welshmale60:
1 working week with s&k

Start 8am finish 8 pm

Tues

5 am start

Illford tipped

Finishe 8 pm Night out

Wednesday start 8 am

Tipped Southampton

Sat 9 6 hours

Tues. 15 hours night out

We’d. 15 hours night out

69 hours

3 nights out

2 Severn bridge tolls

End off

And if that’s including your night out/toll money as well…scandalous. No doubt some [zb] on here will defend them though… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If that was true, then a trip down to the small claims court would be in order, he has tachograph and timesheet evidence?

Not many drivers would have the balls to…whatever ■■■■ they took from the company/agency… :unamused:

Thetaff:

waynedl:

Really■■? So you would say for arguments sake sit in the truck for 45hrs knowing your 15 mins away from your base…are you for real?? :unamused: :unamused:

Maybe in extreme circumstances like that, but that’s not what the OP said, he said he ran over his hours thursday AND friday to get home, that’s just blatently braking the law and is madness in my opinion.

Yes, you’re right, I would run a few mins over if required at the end of the week or just park up and walk / cycle home and get paid an extra couple of nights out, never been put in that position though to be honest, but what the OP said, I would NOT do.

Truckulent:

You should have known it would be this zb as well

Firstly if you believe all that you are truly dumb, from the initial post the bloke already has an attitude problem. That is the only information we both have about him, he doesn’t want nights out, he cannot follow simple instructions and he expects a new lorry on day one.

If you want to work it out into nett wages by the hour, you also need to deduct the drivers breaks from the 3 x 15 hour spread overs, he hasn’t worked 15 hours, therefore he hasn’t worked 69 hours in the week.

What happened to that missing S&K driver who the bunny boiler was chasing?

Truckulent:

waynedl:

Truckulent:

Welshmale60:
1 working week with s&k

Start 8am finish 8 pm

Tues

5 am start

Illford tipped

Finishe 8 pm Night out

Wednesday start 8 am

Tipped Southampton

Sat 9 6 hours

Tues. 15 hours night out

We’d. 15 hours night out

69 hours

3 nights out

2 Severn bridge tolls

End off

Not many drivers would have the balls to…whatever [zb] they took from the company/agency… :unamused:

I’ve took 2 companies through small claims court so far, and it’s such an easy and painless process.

First refused to pay me my final pay when I left, second paid me wrong, I’d sent letters, emails, copies of tacho’s etc, they still refused it, so it went to court.

1st company owed me 184 quid, ended up paying out around 400 because of lost earnings for the court day + court costs
2nd company owed around 100 quid, ended up paying around 400 again due to lost earnings for the court day + court costs + charges I’d incurred at the bank.

Now, although it’s very easy and cheap to do, I’d still say it’s a last resort, but some companies think like you did, why would anyone bother or have the ‘guts’ to get back what is rightfully theirs? :unamused:

waynedl:

Truckulent:

waynedl:

Truckulent:

Welshmale60:
1 working week with s&k

Start 8am finish 8 pm

Tues

5 am start

Illford tipped

Finishe 8 pm Night out

Wednesday start 8 am

Tipped Southampton

Sat 9 6 hours

Tues. 15 hours night out

We’d. 15 hours night out

69 hours

3 nights out

2 Severn bridge tolls

End off

Not many drivers would have the balls to…whatever [zb] they took from the company/agency… :unamused:

I’ve took 2 companies through small claims court so far, and it’s such an easy and painless process.

First refused to pay me my final pay when I left, second paid me wrong, I’d sent letters, emails, copies of tacho’s etc, they still refused it, so it went to court.

1st company owed me 184 quid, ended up paying out around 400 because of lost earnings for the court day + court costs
2nd company owed around 100 quid, ended up paying around 400 again due to lost earnings for the court day + court costs + charges I’d incurred at the bank.

Now, although it’s very easy and cheap to do, I’d still say it’s a last resort, but some companies think like you did, why would anyone bother or have the ‘guts’ to get back what is rightfully theirs? :unamused:

I agree entirely. I would do same as you - you can’t let them get away with it. I wouldn’t have been working for someone prepared to pay such a low rate in the first place though TBH. Then having to chase the money up…terrible. They want professional drivers, pay ■■■■■ money - and then ‘forget’ to pay!! :unamused: