Running bent?

Mike-C:

J35_T3R:
He also gave me a look at his over-speeds on the tacho print out which was an even bigger surprise! Didn’t know trucks could do the speeds shown!

Speed was on this printout you seen was it? Thats an even bigger suprise to me than it was to you.

Me too!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

J35_T3R:
He also gave me a look at his over-speeds on the tacho print out which was an even bigger surprise! Didn’t know trucks could do the speeds shown!

Speed was on this printout you seen was it? Thats an even bigger suprise to me than it was to you.

Me too!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

And does said friend need a VOLVO super space xxl topline to go more than 50 miles from base■■?

A serious point now though, you often find the drivers that go around telling anybody that will listen that they run bent are doing no such thing and just think they are been clever when in total fact they are been total idiots. I think you will find that it is those that don’t tell everyone they are running bent that are.

How do you get to see overspeeds on a printout. :question:

I have seen paper charts where the needle had gone right off the chart but I have never saw speed recorded on a printout as I thought that could only be seen when you downloaded your card.

Would putting a nice hot cup of tea down on top of the previous tacho so it goes all black (accidentally (allegedly)) and you cant read it be regarded as running bent. or just being a clumsy ■■■■

if hes running bent then eventually hes going to get caught just dont go and work for that company

haulage isnt like other professions theres a lot of grey areas in this job if havent go a thick skin then it aint for you not every company runs bent there very few and far between nowadays but they are still about

I got pulled by the Ministry a few years back got me on 1.5 hours over a 4.5 drive with only 20min break taken, what can I say it was Friday and I wanted to get home so I ended up £240 lighter and a hell of a lot wiser not saying I haven’t flexed the law since by I defantly haven’t done anything as stupid since.

Kenny1975:
Say what you want about Irish companies at least they are upfront about it, and at least most of the ones ive known they would pay your fines.

Do they also pay you your full wages for 6-12 months when you get banned under totting up or 2-3 years when the Traffic Commissioner revokes your HGV licence?

Thought not.

“It’s OK innit cos they pays us fines”. What an asinine comment to make.

Anyone seen this on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=wGDE_ikDszk

youtube.com/watch?v=xa4RxwoQhQA

youtube.com/watch?v=6k4c7F8jOGU

youtube.com/watch?v=bO_P-mqf4so

Shame the thing is in welsh tho

Conor:

Kenny1975:
Say what you want about Irish companies at least they are upfront about it, and at least most of the ones ive known they would pay your fines.

Do they also pay you your full wages for 6-12 months when you get banned under totting up or 2-3 years when the Traffic Commissioner revokes your HGV licence?

Thought not.

“It’s OK innit cos they pays us fines”. What an asinine comment to make.

People run bent in the UK as well, my point is if your going to do it at least irish companies pay the fines, the UK companies will leave you high and dry.

I wasn’t telling people to go run bent, or saying it was a good idea, just the point UK companies would leave you high and dry if your caught at least the irish would pay your fine

But its easier to ignore that point and be some kinda forum warrior, trying to put others down.

if a job cant be done legal it cant be done

hitch:
if a job cant be done legal it cant be done

I would say that it can be done but shouldn’t be done :wink:

Kenny1975:
But its easier to ignore that point and be some kinda forum warrior, trying to put others down.

You may be a ball-less wonder and doff your cap to the guv’nor when he tells you you can’t stop for your 45 because the trailer has to be on the ferry but I ain’t and I tell them to bugger off. If they wanted you at a certain place by a certain time, they should’ve planned it better.

I usually find discovering a sense of duty and reminding them that you’re duty bound to inform the traffic commissioner of an illegal request usually gets even the toughest to back down. The trick is to be polite but firm.

Conor:

Kenny1975:

You may be a ball-less wonder and doff your cap to the guv’nor when he tells you you can’t stop for your 45 because the trailer has to be on the ferry but I ain’t and I tell them to bugger off. If they wanted you at a certain place by a certain time, they should’ve planned it better.

I usually find discovering a sense of duty and reminding them that you’re duty bound to inform the traffic commissioner of an illegal request usually gets even the toughest to back down. The trick is to be polite but firm.

Can you read ■■?

When did i say i worked for an Irish company ■■?, when did i say i ran bent ■■?, when did i tell anyone to run bent.

Try reading the forum, where i told the OP running bent was a daft thing to do.

Its not my fault you can’t read, to busy reading the start of someones posts then jump down to make an arsey comment, as i said forum warrior.

If a job can’t be done legal. then the law needs changing.

i’ve just watched the Nolan and Yogi show.
Why couldn’t Yogi do the job legal? too much [zb]ing about, that’s what, he made himself run bent.

Yogi didn’t work for Nolans, he worked for Breens, 2 diff companies just incase Mr Nolans views the site and thinks your trying to say he makes his drivers run bent :smiley:.

scottishcruiser:
Yogi didn’t work for Nolans, he worked for Breens, 2 diff companies just incase Mr Nolans views the site and thinks your trying to say he makes his drivers run bent :smiley:.

Yogi DID work for Nolans when i was there. he’s the one who grassed up all the TD Williams drivers.
he had a red LS cab actros and there was so much rubbish in the window you couldn’t see any of the plastic, it was minging.

Mike-C:

J35_T3R:

when in main menu on digitach go to printout vehicle then go to overspeed option.
will print out all overspeeds for each day alongside will also show maximum speed for that day so you could in theory go down big hill at say 100k for 50 seconds no warning but later in the day do 91k fos 65 seconds and will record the 100 you did down hill, believe me i’ve paid the fine for it :blush:
the tacho counts in seconds and everything over 60 seconds gets an overspeed warning but the speed is only recorded for that 24hour period so no overspeeds that day then no records of downhill bursts :smiley:

K.Adams:
Anyone seen this on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=wGDE_ikDszk

youtube.com/watch?v=xa4RxwoQhQA

youtube.com/watch?v=6k4c7F8jOGU

youtube.com/watch?v=bO_P-mqf4so

Shame the thing is in welsh tho

how ironic and moronic can you get? the vosa bloke stops a dutch reg truck and speaks to him in welsh!!! then criticises the driver for being polish and not speaking english!!! I’m Welsh and i can speak a bit but surely in the uk if an official stops me or anyone else they would ask slowly and clearly do you speak english not ask for documents in a language that only a few hundred thousand people in the world speak :angry:

also on this note the reason why yogi is in a breen truck is because he was kicked out of TD Williams for running bent then grassing everybody else up so went to Nolans where he did exactly the same thing, a leopard never changes his spots so if yogi asks for a job just look at his record :open_mouth:

welshboyinspain:

scottishcruiser:

Yogi DID work for Nolans when i was there. he’s the one who grassed up all the TD Williams drivers.
he had a red LS cab actros and there was so much rubbish in the window you couldn’t see any of the plastic, it was minging.

Sorry what I meant was in that particular vid he worked for Breens. Rumours going about was YOGI was supposedly an insider for VOSA and this wasn’t the first time Yogi had blew the whistle on a company. Welsh guy I know who works for a certain RED SCANIA Irish firm knows Yogi and reckons hes one of the most hated in Ireland and a lot of people wanting his guts for garters… What people will do for money eh? (Yogi that is)

scottishcruiser:

welshboyinspain:

scottishcruiser:

Sorry what I meant was in that particular vid he worked for Breens. Rumours going about was YOGI was supposedly an insider for VOSA and this wasn’t the first time Yogi had blew the whistle on a company. Welsh guy I know who works for a certain RED SCANIA Irish firm knows Yogi and reckons hes one of the most hated in Ireland and a lot of people wanting his guts for garters… What people will do for money eh? (Yogi that is)

quite right there about yogi he is a very unliked man in wales and ireland, many a bloke wants to knock his block off.
not to say that condoning running bent but when the ministry were called into TDW loads of blokes got done for minor things like some people have posted on here there is a difference between running bent and bending the rules very slightly but when he opened his mouth everybody got done bad guys and good guys.
i don’t understand why he goes to work for people like nolans and breens knowing full well what they are like then proceeds to shout the odds about the rules and how he’s going to the authorities.
i knew what nolans were like when i went there years ago before it became paddy betz. i went on my own terms and got on with the job at my own pace, the money was very good years ago and if you wanted to earn more you could but each to their own i say you either do a bit or you don’t