roping and sheeting

Hiya,
Double posting Mr Dunbar I reckon you’ve had one too many, lol.
thanks harry, long retired.

Bewick:

Very nice!

David

Bewick:

Hiya,
You know even when I got the very rare load of palletised goods I always
enclosed the entire flat with the sheets, I got into the habit when I was
doing loads from the Dundee jute mills and a dry flat was a must if wet
there was no load, J&E was meticulous about keeping the flat bed dry.
thanks harry, long retired,

Bewick:

Hiya,
Yep Dennis that’ll do. The Scania 80 ? no way Atki with a ■■■■■■■ ?
i’ll give you a tinkle when loaded and heading back.

And don’t forget to wash it off when you get back to the yard!

Retired Old ■■■■:

Hi ROF He will be praying for rain :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Hi ROF He will be praying for rain :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Larry, if he wouldn’t wash the motor in the 70s there’s not much chance now he’s “matured” a bit. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink: regards Kev.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

Hiya,
Can’t say I ever got a bollocking for not washing a motor, even a brand
new Scania when you couldn’t read the gaffers name on completion of
it’s maiden voyage ending on a Saturday morning. Strangely the wash
fairies must have visited on the Sunday because it was pristine again
when I rolled in for work on Monday morning and someone had nicked
a packet of Capstan Full Strength I’d left on the dashboard the cleaner
must have thought they were their payment for the washing job.

I rarely washed my truck but ■■■■ Bentley (the TM at Tilcon) would spot you on the weighbridge and order you to give it the once over before delivering that load if he thought it didn’t portray the company image. He would also check the front bumper and tell you to get some white paint on it smartish if it looked tatty, also make sure the chrome wheel discs on the Fodens were tidy and not damaged.

Pete.

windrush:
I rarely washed my truck but ■■■■ Bentley (the TM at Tilcon) would spot you on the weighbridge and order you to give it the once over before delivering that load if he thought it didn’t portray the company image. He would also check the front bumper and tell you to get some white paint on it smartish if it looked tatty, also make sure the chrome wheel discs on the Fodens were tidy and not damaged.

Pete.

My dayman would go ballistic if I failed to give the unit a wash off after my night trunk,especially if I had to do a Maddiston and back to Manchester,that A74 used to be filthy,although to be honest,not many passed me,unless they were other SoM’s!

David

Loading in Liverpool

Loaded a ferry trailer, sheets had to be put across the trailer as they were too narrow. No ropes or hooks on trailer, only straps.

Very neat & tidy job IMO .Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Very neat & tidy job IMO .Regards Larry.

Thanks Larry.

5thwheel:

windrush:

Pete.

My dayman would go ballistic if I failed to give the unit a wash off after my night trunk,especially if I had to do a Maddiston and back to Manchester,that A74 used to be filthy,although to be honest,not many passed me,unless they were other SoM’s!

David

Hiya,
Was I the night man and the day man/shunter got on to me about not
having washed off the motor, I’m afraid he might just have found him-
self sitting in a water filled pothole in the middle of the yard, lol.