roping and sheeting

Bewick:

pete smith:
Morning Dennis,
One for your thoughts! N.M.P

Hiya Pete, Hope you sobered up before you left Anglesey !! Anyway great to put a face to a name however ugly ! :wink: That is not such a good shot but probably it was a hard working motor in the day, but the sheets don’t look so clever eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
Thank you for the kind comments, the ladies seemed to be doing ok with the drink on Sunday!
I think the load on that ERF was concrete piling tubes so that is why the sheets are probably well worn! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Bewick:

pete smith:
Morning Dennis,
One for your thoughts! N.M.P

Hiya Pete, Hope you sobered up before you left Anglesey !! Anyway great to put a face to a name however ugly ! :wink: That is not such a good shot but probably it was a hard working motor in the day, but the sheets don’t look so clever eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
Thank you for the kind comments, the ladies seemed to be doing ok with the drink on Sunday!
I think the load on that ERF was concrete piling tubes so that is why the sheets are probably well worn! Cheer’s Pete

Hiya Pete,
I’ll send you a photo I took of the “Girls” knocking back the Prosseco ( ■■■■■■ ! We used to haul 40ft concrete piles from Scotland for West’s Piling for many years down into sites in England, good quick loads as I recall. Cheers Dennis.

Couple of my efforts when I was young Bales of Rags for recycling

Rope & Sheet016.jpg
I took an engine to Yugoslavia

regards
Jeremy

image.jpegno ropes ,Rofs using them for training :smiley:

Now then Dan’l this is a decent load of bales ! :sunglasses: :wink:

Punchy Dan:
0no ropes ,Rofs using them for training :smiley:

They’re my bl**dy ropes anyway!!! :unamused: :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Punchy Dan:
0no ropes ,Rofs using them for training :smiley:

They’re my bl**dy ropes anyway!!! :unamused: :unamused:

Quite possibly “removed” from a BRS trailer ! Anon 1.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

Bewick:
Just as a matter of interest how many “regional descriptions” are there for this configuration of roping the backend of a load ? Bewick.

This is how to finish the back end of a sheeted load, continental style!!!

nyk473l:

Bewick:
Just as a matter of interest how many “regional descriptions” are there for this configuration of roping the backend of a load ? Bewick.

This is how to finish the back end of a sheeted load, continental style!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: Bewick.

Oh yes, I recognise that, usually all crumply and flapping down the sides too. Comes from not having rope hooks. :unamused:

image.jpegtrying a new brick net

Here’s one from the company I work for, one 80x40 marquee ready to go. To be fair we don’t do it properly with sheets rope then fly sheet as our loads are on and off so often it would be too time consuming, so we just accept the pvc sheet will eventually wear through then take it upstairs to fix it in house. Apologies for the rogue thumb!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bewick just loves this one, After a few glasses of Bollinger of course, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Reagrds Larry.

FTBlunder:
Here’s one from the company I work for, one 80x40 marquee ready to go. To be fair we don’t do it properly with sheets rope then fly sheet as our loads are on and off so often it would be too time consuming, so we just accept the pvc sheet will eventually wear through then take it upstairs to fix it in house. Apologies for the rogue thumb!

Is that Fedwen Tentage Drefach Llandysul ? If it isi used to get my sheets from there as does Mansel Daves i think

Well how about this old one of my late great uncle Isaac Smiles Ex BRS ERF 8 legger, Taken at his depot at Blucher, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Bewick just loves this one, After a few glasses of Bollinger of course, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Reagrds Larry.

Question Larry---- What make of tri axle was the trailer ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Bewick just loves this one, After a few glasses of Bollinger of course, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Reagrds Larry.

Question Larry---- What make of tri axle was the trailer ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis.IIRC It was a C/F, It didnt belong to us it was one of Fergys, They were a bit heavey unladen but they had very good brakes, Regards Larry.

ianto:

FTBlunder:

Is that Fedwen Tentage Drefach Llandysul ? If it isi used to get my sheets from there as does Mansel Daves i think

Yep the very same, still going strong.