roping and sheeting

Bewick:

Hiya.
Dennis with a little bit of thought and had you called yourself
Bewick Road Services you could have saved yourself a mint on
sheets Eh’ mate a bit slow there, but you wouldn’t have slept :smiling_imp: :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya.
Dennis with a little bit of thought and had you called yourself
Bewick Road Services you could have saved yourself a mint on
sheets Eh’ mate a bit slow there, but you wouldn’t have slept :smiling_imp: :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired.

Now then “H” I’ll have you know that I valued my “Goods-in-Transit” Insurance premium too much to use the “colanders” that passed for sheets at BRS :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

I’m not biting!!! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I’m not biting!!! :wink:

What ! with those teeth ? more like “I’m not sucking” ! Anon 1.

Ere, pal, I’ll have you know I’ve got all my own teeth.

Still got the receipt if you don’t believe me! :wink:

Denz’l you must of posted the above shot a hundred times :unamused:

Not a lot of revenue being earned in that shot! :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Not a lot of revenue being earned in that shot! :unamused:

Oh I don’t know ROF, ‘Stephensons Rocket’ going past on the branchline alongside that deserted yard will be making some ‘brass’ for BR. :wink:

Pete.

That’s great, Pete. Hopefully they will be able to transfer some of the funds to the BRS subsistence account! :wink:

That trailer rank is a depressing sight.

David

Now I can’t have you’s Lads getting depressed at Christmas time about a few ( about 10% of the platform trailer fleet!) m/t trailers so to put you out of your misery I can assure you that probably within one hour the shunters would have been pouring loaded trailers into the depot and that rank would have disappeared leaving maybe the lowloader recovery trailer and possibly the odd 33 ft tandem ! Honest it was unbelievable at times I could look out of my office window and see a load of m/t trailers then lifting my head up from the desk an hour or so later, and they’d all gone ! I have a shot somewhere taken at the top of the depot and there is only one lonely m/t and not a loaded trailer in sight either !It was sometimes a bit likened to the Battle of Britain when Churchill asked the RAF what reserves they had and the answer was “None” well it sometimes was like that at Bewick Transport but we always managed to get by and we never let a Customer down, ever ! Cheers Dennis.

Weekend shot, units and m/t trailers.

I really enjoy this thread being an old R & S bloke from way back …Alison,s and D&D Dundee the early days !!!so appreciate all these photos great stuff in a dying era !!.. Compliments of the season to you safe driving !! from down under 36 degrees at the moment

This shot should draw a bit of “hostile” fire ! :wink: :astonished: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now then young Denis has he broken the sacred rule n roped fly sheet

Bewick:
This shot should draw a bit of “hostile” fire ! :wink: :astonished: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not falling for it,there will be an excuse to be told that’s for sure!!!

David

phop:
Now then young Denis has he broken the sacred rule n roped fly sheet

Ooh :blush: ,Denis rhymes with ■■■■■ he not like that :laughing: , sheet looks fine to me ,just needs some bungee on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: