roping and sheeting

I would be chuffed to take that away on a Monday morning Dennis, I always thought it was a shame to have to undo good work like this once at the destination. Wish I’d taken more pics now! Franky.

Frankydobo:
I would be chuffed to take that away on a Monday morning Dennis, I always thought it was a shame to have to undo good work like this once at the destination. Wish I’d taken more pics now! Franky.

Me too Franky, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

Crack on ,it’s done that many miles on the net the consignee has launched a search party :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush: cheers Danz’l :laughing:

Empties, Bewick?

Retired Old ■■■■:
Empties, Bewick?

Yep, IIRC 80 m/t’s @ £5 each = £400 for 100 mile journey ! :open_mouth: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

Crack on ,it’s done that many miles on the net the consignee has launched a search party :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush: cheers Danz’l :laughing:

One subtle difference I would like to point out Dan’l, that 25 ton of paper would have been delivered in “one hit” whereas you would have to make 10 round trips with the “puddle jumper and trailer” :blush: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Denz’l.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

One subtle difference I would like to point out Dan’l, that 25 ton of paper would have been delivered in “one hit” whereas you would have to make 10 round trips with the “puddle jumper and trailer” :blush: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Denz’l.

Silly me I hadn’t realised that , ps it would cost as much for me to take the ton you couldn’t get on with less derv and more profit :wink:

Glad to say Dan’l that “balls up” as you describe never happened to the quality firms we operated for :unamused: :wink: Cheers Denz’l.

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Empties, Bewick?

Yep, IIRC 80 m/t’s @ £5 each = £400 for 100 mile journey ! :open_mouth: :wink:

Thought so! We had a similar arrangement with a certain national asphalt company- they would pay for the same amount of empties returned as full ones delivered, meaning that we only brought the same number back even though there may have been dozens of empties at the delivery point.

Good rates compared to what we were running eight legger tippers at, £400 would be half a week or mores work! Certainly makes a difference when the operator can name (or at least negotiate) his price.

Pete.

windrush:
Good rates compared to what we were running eight legger tippers at, £400 would be half a week or mores work! Certainly makes a difference when the operator can name (or at least negotiate) his price.

Pete.

Your right there Pete, a lot of firms that used contractors tret their hauliers like crap and dictated the rates to them, I’m glad to say I never had any customers like that, tough negotiations yes but always fair. Obviously that applied to all our own direct traffic which was probably about 85/90% of all our work. Any traffic we carried as “subbies” was usually the rate that was offered although occasionally if the subbed job was going to be a regular one and it suited both us and the provider of the traffic we did sometimes negotiate a better price, within reason, and our level of service invariably sealed the deal as it convinced the Shipper/ Waste Paper merchant etc that reliable service and peace of mind was worth a few bob more in the end ! One of the worst culprits I ever came across was the MMB, what a load of domineering ■■■■■ they were with their Contractors ! When they shouted jump it was “How high Mr MMB”, We did them a great favour one day at short notice and they tried to come the same “craic” with us ! and they got told to go and ■■■■ themselves in no uncertain manner !! The outcome was this snotty Bird said we would never do another load for the MMB ! But said "I’ve beat you to it Luv, I’ve told our Traffic Office that The MMB are on our Black list and they musn’t do any more work for them! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Another hose pipe ban? Didn’t your trailers ever get washed? :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Another hose pipe ban? Didn’t your trailers ever get washed? :unamused:

Give the bloke a chance you can clearly see he’s done the unit, Dennis took the photo before he’d started the trailer

■■■■ it I’m ■■■■ wet through, just washed this one by hand with a bucket 'an brush ! :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
[zb] it I’m ■■■■ wet through, just washed this one by hand with a bucket 'an brush ! :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hiya
I’ll sharp get it nasty fer yer Gaffer.
thanks harry, long retired.

Bewick:
[zb] it I’m ■■■■ wet through, just washed this one by hand with a bucket 'an brush ! :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s the only way to make a proper job of it, Boss! I bought my own set of waterproofs for washing down out of my BRS “dodgy” expenses.
P.S. Don’t let H anywhere near a clean vehicle- he’ll insist on flinging a load of mud at it before he leaves the depot. :wink:

Just wondering Denzil did you have to stand on a box to tie a hitch because you legs arnt that long :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: