Roger pickering photo's

Jelliot:
Yes I remember some dreadful conversions… and wondered how some of them got through inspection…Given that trailer was Stevensons I would recon that conversion was done by Robert Pettigrue at Gylemuir trailers…

Jeff…

Morning Jeff,
Yes some of those conversions were a bit dubious, you could tell the difference pulling a tri-axle on twins as apposed to singles especially when you had a Leyland Roadtrain with only a 265 RR in it! Thanks for the info on the Stevensons trailer, Pete

gazsa401:
I’ve just across this amazing site thanks to Roger and to Pete for your hard work
Ps have you any photos of Stirlands of Nottingham
Cheers Gary [emoji106][emoji2532]

Morning Gary,
I’m down to the last 100 pictures now and I’m sorry there are no Stirlands in them, Thank you for you kind words I will pass them on to Roger, Cheer’s Pete

Andrew Wishart’s trucks always looked smart Pete. I believe they are no longer operating.

Not sure if the DAF is a John Golding one as he used to use white and cream so difficult to tell. Cant make the
name out on the door.

Heres a couple more of his.

DEANB:
Andrew Wishart’s trucks always looked smart Pete. I believe they are no longer operating.

Not sure if the DAF is a John Golding one as he used to use white and cream so difficult to tell. Cant make the
name out on the door.

Hi Dean,
Just had a look at Rogers pic with the Mrs glasses on and I think it says Goulding on the door plus it has the same stripe from corner of cab going from bottom to top? Thanks for the pic’s, Pete

Morning Pete.

I believe Wisharts also owned a company called A C Horton in Birmingham area,ran in same livery.
Of course that was int olden days……………………………… :laughing:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

I believe Wisharts also owned a company called A C Horton in Birmingham area,ran in same livery.

Yes Chris, Hortons were based in Tipton which was in Staffordshire at the time! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

Yes Chris, Hortons were based in Tipton which was in Staffordshire at the time! Cheer’s Pete

Aye,when Birmingham was in Warwickshire and Smethwick was in Staffs - Tangye’s address was Cornwall Rd.,Smethwick 41 Staffs in 1958.
I’ll go and have lie down now…………. :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

Aye,when Birmingham was in Warwickshire and Smethwick was in Staffs - Tangye’s address was Cornwall Rd.,Smethwick 41 Staffs in 1958.

Tangye’s? Bloody hell Chris, all gone now!

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
Morning Pete.

Tangye’s? Bloody hell Chris, all gone now!

I started an apprenticeship there in 1958,went to Chance Tech once a week,lodged on Rookery Road Handsworth.They closed down three months later so away home it was. :frowning:

A friend who works on development at Perkins engines collects Tangye items, he has engines, pumps, stoves and heaven knows what else in his home. I just have the one Tangye waterpump. :cry:

Pete.

pete smith:

DEANB:

name out on the door.

Hi Dean,
Just had a look at Rogers pic with the Mrs glasses on and I think it says Goulding on the door plus it has the same stripe from corner of cab going from bottom to top? Thanks for the pic’s, Pete

Being owt but a expert, I would bet a fiver that that’s indeed a Goulding wagon.

I love the Golding F16, in my eyes those F16s are the best looking heavy haulage unit ever made.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:
I love the Golding F16, in my eyes those F16s are the best looking heavy haulage unit ever made.

Ever saw a Scammell Crusader mate…? I’ll get me coat…

pv83:

newmercman:

Yes I have… and I refer you back to my earlier comment [emoji1][emoji1][emoji165][emoji165]

newmercman:

pv83:

newmercman:

Yes I have… and I refer you back to my earlier comment [emoji1][emoji1][emoji165][emoji165]

:laughing: :laughing:

pete smith:

gazsa401:
I’ve just across this amazing site thanks to Roger and to Pete for your hard work

Morning Gary,
I’m down to the last 100 pictures now and I’m sorry there are no Stirlands in them, Thank you for you kind words I will pass them on to Roger, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete I’ll just keep enjoying the other pictures you post

Hi Pete,
I’ve only just caught up with this thread and I see Ivor Andrews’s Roadtrain.Ivor subbed to Joint Motorways for many years,that unit was his third I think? The last truck I remember him owning was a DAF 95 that he bought new in 1990.He also had a pub in Shrewsbury.

windrush:
A friend who works on development at Perkins engines collects Tangye items, he has engines, pumps, stoves and heaven knows what else in his home. I just have the one Tangye waterpump. :cry:

Pete.

Hi Pete,
Tangye made a range of heavy duty jacks as well, Cooper Metals had some for “jacking” the baler and the shear when they jammed, forklift job to move and position them, they also done toe jacks to enable the knock out axles to be removed on low loaders, another hernia job moving those about! Cheer’s Pete

gazsa401:

pete smith:

gazsa401:

Morning Gary,

Thanks for the reply Pete I’ll just keep enjoying the other pictures you post

Hi Gary,
I will see what Roger has in his collection as I’m due to see him soon, Cheer’s Pete