Roger pickering photo's

240 Gardner:

Chris Webb:
And I think Naylors of Leyland are still operating.

I’m pretty sure they are, Chris - I dealt with them almost on a daily basis when I was with Bowker, and they were superb to deal with now, all-round nice people

They came into MFS Maltby twice a week with pallets of shrink wrap,I used to have the craic with the drivers,all good lads they were.

Chris Webb:

240 Gardner:

Chris Webb:
And I think Naylors of Leyland are still operating.

I’m pretty sure they are, Chris - I dealt with them almost on a daily basis when I was with Bowker, and they were superb to deal with now, all-round nice people

They came into MFS Maltby twice a week with pallets of shrink wrap,I used to have the craic with the drivers,all good lads they were.

Morning Chris and Gardner240,
Thank you for the comments on Naylors and the Nestle’s ERF, Cheer’s Pete

Morning Pete.
Murrays were originally from Longtown ■■■■■■■■■■ but are now based in Manchester according to tinternet.

Another pic of the GEC Faun.

faun.PNG

Yes, the Iveco is one of Fullers from Slough, they also had depots at Monkspath, Birmingham and Hunslet in Leeds. When I was an owner driver I worked for Clan International tpt in Dover, who were owned by Fullers, they were a decent company to work for.
Fullers also owned Pan Express at the time too, and were the main contractors for raw materials in - and finished product out of the Mars chocolate factory in Slough.

Thank you to Chris, Dean and kmills for the information, Pete

pete smith:

We all know what that beast truly is Pete! Putting a Leyland badge on it doesn’t change a bloody thing :smiley: :smiley:

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,would see those Britt European MANs at Pilkingtons St Helens ,thank you Trevor

pv83:

pete smith:

We all know what that beast truly is Pete! Putting a Leyland badge on it doesn’t change a bloody thing :smiley: :smiley:

A bit of badge engineering, probably so they could stick those Roadrunner 4 x 4 things in to the Army to replace the Bedford MK’s?

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete ,would see those Britt European MANs at Pilkingtons St Helens ,thank you Trevor

Morning Trevor,
I bet those motors was quiet with the engine stuffed under the chassis, I have tipped sand from Redhill Surrey into Pilkingtons at St Helens, don’t know if it is still operating or demolished, Cheer’s Pete

Nice to see one of Sayers Pete. They had some great looking motors.

“Open 8 days a week” :laughing: :laughing:

kmills:
Yes, the Iveco is one of Fullers from Slough, they also had depots at Monkspath, Birmingham and Hunslet in Leeds. When I was an owner driver I worked for Clan International tpt in Dover, who were owned by Fullers, they were a decent company to work for.
Fullers also owned Pan Express at the time too, and were the main contractors for raw materials in - and finished product out of the Mars chocolate factory in Slough.

Correct and it’s interesting to see a Fuller and an Irlam motor captured near the same spot. I suspect they could’ve been visiting the Magna chocolate plant in Telford who did a lot of seasonal stuff for Mars

I remember Sayers when they ran 1950’s Albion four wheelers on bulk grain etc! :blush: I think they were based at Brightwalton, North of Newbury, in those days?

Pete.

Some of Sayers’ tank trailers went on for years, with the firm upgrading them from time to time as required. They were a credit to the fitters and painters who worked on them. Always smartly turned out.

DEANB:
Nice to see one of Sayers Pete. They had some great looking motors.

“Open 8 days a week” :laughing: :laughing:

Morning Dean,
Thank you for the pic of Sayers, a mate of mine bought one of their Scania 142’s a few years ago and it was a credit to them the way it had been looked after,it came from the Scania dealer at Avonmouth, Cheer’s Pete

hayday:

kmills:

Correct and it’s interesting to see a Fuller and an Irlam motor captured near the same spot. I suspect they could’ve been visiting the Magna chocolate plant in Telford who did a lot of seasonal stuff for Mars

Morning Hayday,
Thank you for your comments, I visited Magna in Telford, to price the removal of a redundant mixing tank, and they was knocking out easter eggs for Cadbury’s! Cheer’s Pete

ROF and Windrush,
Thank you for the comments on Sayers, Pete