Roger pickering photo's

Morning Pete,sorry dont recognise the Volvo chap. :unamused:

Cheers for putting that pic up of P.A.M. De Jong mate, it’s been a while since I saw a wagon of them on the roads, reckon they packed it in…

DEANB:
Morning Pete,sorry dont recognise the Volvo chap. :unamused:

No Problem mate, used to see them Zanussi trailers up and down the A34 so presumed they was from your neck of the woods,

Eyup Pete,is this the James from Bedlington Northumberland?

james.png

Chris Webb:

I always thought they were London based? Used to see their Fords and Bedfords all around the Thames Valley area in the fifties and sixties collecting the grains for the brewerys.

Pete.

Chris .
It’s T James from bedlington that you are thinking of. Picture of a later one here.

T.James Ltd %26 Roland Watsons Wagons 005.JPG

moomooland:

DEANB:
Always liked the colour scheme of Ferrymasters

Here’s a few more :smiley:

I was an apprentice at FM Risley in the 80’s and one of my jobs was respraying both units and tilts. The famous yellow btw is called Middle Chrome. I went home most nights with it up my nostrils and in my lug holes! I also mastered the art of fitting those humungus flags! Mind you, I did get to drive a lot of weird and wonderful stuff though for a 16 year old lad - my first ever truck being a LHD Volvo F7. Happy days - well, some were!

Chris Webb:
I don’t know who the F10 belongs to but look at the state of that LO-COST shed with tail lift ram cover missing,MFS had a couple of 28ft single axle trailers like it for “oss and cart” delivery points,full of scrapes and dents.

I remember Lo cost having a depot at Queensferry in Deeside and Western Transport from Avonmouth ran trunks to and from there. Fair to say some of their tackle was rough!

Thanks for all the above comments,

jshepguis:
Chris .
It’s T James from bedlington that you are thinking of. Picture of a later one here.

Oh aye,the other is a different James. Thanks for that jshepguis.

Nice to see the Hammonds Scania… They were from my Hometown Sittingbourne in Kent. My first driving job was as a subbie for Hammonds in 1989. Looks like he’s got Knauf plasterboard on as they were the main haulier when Knauf set up a factory at Ridham Dock.

Chris Webb:

They were called James & son ,specialized in grains(animal feeds) ,the Foden in the photo i believe was from their Northampton depot , They also had lorries based Scarborough, Peterborough, Reading & another James company operation in Australia…

If i recall correctly the uk company was acquired by a company called Duynie around 2015 …

Hope this is of interest.

Regards

Mark R:
Nice to see the Hammonds Scania… They were from my Hometown Sittingbourne in Kent. My first driving job was as a subbie for Hammonds in 1989. Looks like he’s got Knauf plasterboard on as they were the main haulier when Knauf set up a factory at Ridham Dock.

Thank’s for the comments Mark R

roadcruiser:

Chris Webb:

They were called James & son ,specialized in grains(animal feeds) ,the Foden in the photo i believe was from their Northampton depot , They also had lorries based Scarborough, Peterborough, Reading & another James company operation in Australia…

If i recall correctly the uk company was acquired by a company called Duynie around 2015 …

Hope this is of interest.

Regards

All sorted now for you Chris, Thank’s to jshepguis, Windrush and Roadcruiser :smiley:

This is your lot till Saturday morning Gents, off to Brittany for a week!

Your getting a bit modern now Pete :blush:

Punchy Dan:

Dan,
You have to keep up with the times, you have been told about this recently… must really pay attention or you will get left behind :wink:

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:

Dan,
You have to keep up with the times, you have been told about this recently… must really pay attention or you will get left behind :wink:

Aye Dan. Owt with sideguards on is modern to me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Another one of J.C.Deans Volvo’s.

Chas Armstrong from SE1 with a Leyland Lynx just creeping into shot there. My Aunt ran a cafe just down the road (Jamaica Rd) from their yard.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk