Roger pickering photo's

DEANB:
Heres another army Foden Pete. :wink:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the pic of the Foden, always struck me as punishment motors the 8 leggers!
Hi Barry,
Thanks for the info on Pauls pic, funny how a name from the past jumps out at you! Modo, is that the paper company that Edwin Farrell pulls for? Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:
Where are you Pete ? Have you fallen in a Roro or has Roger impounded you ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edit Happy birthday m8 :smiley: , 49 :open_mouth: :laughing: :blush:

Morning Dan,
Thanks for the birthday wishes, left my phone at home, will ring you later on,
I have been out on the road last week doing holiday cover, couldn’t get a decent driver so had to make do with myself… all wise crack comments are most welcome!
I have been in Holmfirth for the week-end and yes Mr Webb I have enjoyed it, the beer is a bit over priced but it was Yorkshire! Cheer’s Pete

Morning old chap.
You pay for quality in Yorkshire tha knows.
No comment about you driving,I’m sure you know the job,hope you didn’t fiddle yer timesheet. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pay? In Yorkshire? They’ll have barriers out on the 62 to keep you out if you carry on with that kind of talk Chris.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Pay? In Yorkshire? They’ll have barriers out on the 62 to keep you out if you carry on with that kind of talk Chris.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .The only reason that barriers would be put up ont M62 would be to keep the Lancashirites out,and maybe wayward folk from Wolverhampton :grimacing: . And as for being tight,the Lancashirites would go next door to gas theirsens.They use black pudding as window sealant,that’s why their winders fall out. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

newmercman:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .The only reason that barriers would be put up ont M62 would be to keep the Lancashirites out,and maybe wayward folk from Wolverhampton :grimacing: . And as for being tight,the Lancashirites would go next door to gas theirsens.They use black pudding as window sealant,that’s why their winders fall out. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

David

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:
Where are you Pete ? Have you fallen in a Roro or has Roger impounded you ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edit Happy birthday m8 :smiley: , 49 :open_mouth: :laughing: :blush:

Morning Dan,
Thanks for the birthday wishes, left my phone at home, will ring you later on,
I have been out on the road last week doing holiday cover, couldn’t get a decent driver so had to make do with myself… all wise crack comments are most welcome!
I have been in Holmfirth for the week-end and yes Mr Webb I have enjoyed it, the beer is a bit over priced but it was Yorkshire! Cheer’s Pete

Morning old chap.
You pay for quality in Yorkshire tha knows.
No comment about you driving,I’m sure you know the job,hope you didn’t fiddle yer timesheet. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I can push hard on the pen when I want to Chris!

5thwheel:

Chris Webb:

newmercman:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris,
You can put up as many barriers as you want, I can get were WD40 would not!

David

pete smith:

moomooland:
Seeing as Peter is otherwise unavailable at the moment thought i would keep the thread updated with a few old street scenes with plenty going on. :smiley:
Click on any picture to view it at full size.
9Alexandra Rd Hulme Manchester
8 Cross St Market St Manchester
7Westgate Huddersfield
6Kings Cross Halifax
5Upper Brook Street Manchester
2Scunthorpe
0Rotherham power station Greasborough Road
1Looking south down the old dual carriageway Scotch Corner July 1970
4Dover
3Dover 1980

Morning Paul,
Thank you for posting those cracking road scenes, the Oliver Hart Octy has given that bus a good wack, looks like he has bent the trackrod on the first axle, Cheer’s Pete.

I second that , some great photos there the Kings Coss Halifax photo does it for me ,that MM8 could be going for a load of wool considering the amount of sheets he has but then again he could be picking up a loaded trailer , great stuff

pete smith:

jonmea:
Hi Pete. thanks for all the great pics on here. kept me quiet for a few hours bringing back memories. Nice surprise seeing dads Scania 111 here. spent a lot of time in the passenger seat of that. cheers Merfyn

Morning Merfyn,
Glad you are enjoying the photo’s, there are just under 300 more to post, so hopefully there may be some more of T E Jones’s, I know DeanB has posted some of Jones’s on his Paul Gee Thread as well, Cheer’s Pete

Hallo Pete. I saw Roger yesterday at the Shrewsbury steam fair. He said he had some of Mansel Davies’s as well so a good chance of seeing the Scania 111 in its previous life before Dad. Thanks Merfyn

Nine lorries and if the two on the opposite carriageway are what I think they are, all but two are British made, the Daf could’ve been assembled in Leyland too. All in a livery too, no plain white with a sticker on the door. How times have changed…

jonmea:

pete smith:

jonmea:
Hi Pete. thanks for all the great pics on here. kept me quiet for a few hours bringing back memories. Nice surprise seeing dads Scania 111 here. spent a lot of time in the passenger seat of that. cheers Merfyn

Morning Merfyn,
Glad you are enjoying the photo’s, there are just under 300 more to post, so hopefully there may be some more of T E Jones’s, I know DeanB has posted some of Jones’s on his Paul Gee Thread as well, Cheer’s Pete

Hallo Pete. I saw Roger yesterday at the Shrewsbury steam fair. He said he had some of Mansel Davies’s as well so a good chance of seeing the Scania 111 in its previous life before Dad. Thanks Merfyn

Hi Merfyn,
I have been trying to get Roger on here but with no joy, told him if I can bodge may way to put photo’s on he could!
There may be a pic of the 111 on the South Wales thread? but there are quite a few pages to go through! Cheer’s Pete

newmercman:
Nine lorries and if the two on the opposite carriageway are what I think they are, all but two are British made, the Daf could’ve been assembled in Leyland too. All in a livery too, no plain white with a sticker on the door. How times have changed…

Morning Mark,
Yes all liveried up, all British assembled, apart from the Scania, as I think it is a Strato bringing up the rear? They might all have Fuller gearboxes as well? Again apart from the Scania.
It is strange seeing Daveys being overtook as they never used to hang around! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

newmercman:

Morning Mark,
Yes all liveried up, all British assembled, apart from the Scania, as I think it is a Strato bringing up the rear? They might all have Fuller gearboxes as well? Again apart from the Scania.
It is strange seeing Daveys being overtook as they never used to hang around! Cheer’s Pete

Morning Pete.
I remember A and H Davey back in late 60s.When I was on nights running down to Abbey Wood S.E. for a trailer change I’d see Daveys running out of the Smoke with ERF KVs loaded with flints from the south coast for the Potteries,maybe five or six handed.

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

newmercman:

Morning Mark,

Morning Pete.
I remember A and H Davey back in late 60s.When I was on nights running down to Abbey Wood S.E. for a trailer change I’d see Daveys running out of the Smoke with ERF KVs loaded with flints from the south coast for the Potteries,maybe five or six handed.

During the war… [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

newmercman:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

newmercman:

Morning Mark,

Morning Pete.

During the war… [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:smiley:
Aye,and I’d already done 8 years int RAF,demobbed 1967.I were in when they needed em,not feeded em. :laughing:

Did you fly Chris ?

newmercman:
Did you fly Chris ?

Silly question that is, he’s a Yorkshireman so can both fly and walk on watter! :slight_smile:

Pete.