RIP Eddie STOBART.

Archie talk to his early drivers and they didnt say that at the time they may have been lying.
Supermarkets are big but most screw Farmers Growers Cold Stores Hauliers into the ground but make money we all shop at them but you ask where all the local businesses have gone. Do you want a list of good hauliers hes taken out of the scene.
To name who had cleaner better looking smarter drivers was Holtons of Milton Keynes dont get me going i’ll be here all night.

You clearly didnt watch Truck & Trailers to see how they are pushed with stupid delivery times but its such a good firm I dont think they made a single delivery on time in the series.

tribsa:
You clearly didnt watch Truck & Trailers to see how they are pushed with stupid delivery times but its such a good firm I dont think they made a single delivery on time in the series.

And if you believe that was real life then you really do need to get one.

There wouldnt have been a TV programme if everything had run like clockwork, it is called poetic licence, nothing new, just watch how Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou got free advertising by showing ■■■■ ups his company made. It doesn’t seem to have done him much harm.

How much reality TV do you watch?

Cowboy Builders with satisfied customers

Masterchef with the perfect soufflé

Traffic Cops with no arrests

Border Patrol and a pensioners bus trip to Lourdes

Gordon Ramsey apologising for his language

The list goes on, with no drama or bad language, there would be no programme!

Hear Hear Archie, Nobby has been asking about you :wink:

greek:

Hullo Greek,
Thank you mate. You must forgive me, it must be old age gradually catching me up, but do you mean Noddy, used to be on Mondial for Georgis Atipa ? When we were all on the Greek run, Bobby Dobson ? The last I heard of him I do believe he went to Brown Warrier. If it is give him my very best regards. If it’s another Nobby / Noddy, then refresh my memory. If you ever see a Ward Bros DAF pulling a Tesco trailer, on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, maybe a Monday morning early going north on the A19, give it a Flash it may be me.
All the best, Cheers, Archie.

They are going to make a movie of his life !!, its good, ive seen the trailer !!! :laughing:

JLS Driver SOS:
They are going to make a movie of his life !!, its good, ive seen the trailer !!! :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: I’ve Pulled the Trailer, Middlesbrough to Magor last Friday. Good Day Paid Well :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

The first to change the sartorial habits of drivers,as in his own words,we used to dress like nomadic travelling ethnic minorities,and wee on the wheels.

toby1234abc:
The first to change the sartorial habits of drivers,as in his own words,we used to dress like nomadic travelling ethnic minorities,and wee on the wheels.

Hiya …gulf fuels had SMART drivers outfits 10 years before eddie stobart transport started. its because he was still
at school he never saw them. Adams butter had drivers in uniform in the 50’s but only a cream shirt and green bib
and brace overhalls with a peaked cap and green donkey jacket with the drivers name on the collar.I don’t want to
down do the man but he was’nt always correct.
John

Hiya …the day before yesterday i saw the stobart 3600 space cab DAF going north on a low loader…
i was woundering if the truck was going to be used for the funeral…it must be his oldest lorry in the works
colours thats still about.
John

3300John:
Hiya …the day before yesterday i saw the stobart 3600 space cab DAF going north on a low loader…
i was woundering if the truck was going to be used for the funeral…it must be his oldest lorry in the works
John

hi john,
as you very well know,a cracking truck.the daf,as far as i am aware?is still owned by penrith based haulier eddie brewer who had it new.you are right,it is being used in the funeral on saturday.a good mate of mine from oop north is driving it,he rang me on monday.
regards andrew.

pete 359:

3300John:
John

hi john,
as you very well know,a cracking truck.the daf,as far as i am aware?is still owned by penrith based haulier eddie brewer who had it new.you are right,it is being used in the funeral on saturday.a good mate of mine from oop north is driving it,he rang me on monday.
regards andrew.

Now that will be a sight to see and I would use that Spacecab as my screensaver complete with wooden box. What a send off!

Wheel Nut:

pete 359:

3300John:
John

hi john,
regards andrew.

Now that will be a sight to see and I would use that Spacecab as my screensaver complete with wooden box. What a send off!

hi,
sorry boys, i just remembered :blush: .my mate told me the borderer is being used also.on monday when he rang me, stobarts were still planing another truck related tribute aswell.
regards andrew.

Where dose the borderer come into the story■■? i remember the corn bulkers but eddie first used a seddon 32 four
for moving stampings out of metal box at carlisle and when he started off he run the seddon atkinson 400’s that
was EX metal box for a while. i thought his first new green red and white trucks was scania am i wrong
i do know he never had a mikey mouse foden or a scammell highwayman like corgi make out.
John

3300John:
Where dose the borderer come into the story■■? i remember the corn bulkers but eddie first used a seddon 32 four
for moving stampings out of metal box at carlisle and when he started off he run the seddon atkinson 400’s that
was EX metal box for a while. i thought his first new green red and white trucks was scania am i wrong
i do know he never had a mikey mouse foden or a scammell highwayman like corgi make out.
John

hi john,
and the corgi,scammell contractor,crusader,f88,guy invincible etc etc etc.tbh john,the connection with the borderer baffles me?as i didn’t realise eddie ran any?my mate contacted me a couple of years ago when stobarts were looking for one,it had to have the rabbit hutch sleeper and a 240 gardener.the budget they had was collossal :open_mouth: never before have i ever wished i had an atki.with a sleeper and an 8 pot gardener for sale :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .i always thought this 111 was probably? his first new motor.

David Edwards of M A Evans of Knighton had some involvement with Stobarts getting a classic Atkinson Borderer,there was a photo in the local paper a few years back of David with William Stobart alongside M A Evans Atki.
David Edwards has just told me that Eddie Stobart father of Edward and William did have an Atkinson Borderer when he started,that is why William came to try and buy his.David Edwards wouldn’t sell his,but they purchased one for their collection elsewhere

Dave the Renegade:
David Edwards of M A Evans of Knighton had some involvement with Stobarts getting a classic Atkinson Borderer,there was a photo in the local paper a few years back of David with William Stobart alongside M A Evans Atki.
David Edwards has just told me that Eddie Stobart father of Edward and William did have an Atkinson Borderer when he started,that is why William came to try and buy his.David Edwards wouldn’t sell his,but they purchased one for their collection elsewhere

hi dave,
that makes sense,my mate said they found one in south wales,which didn’t ring true with me :open_mouth: ,i think he meant mid wales :laughing: thanks dave.not sure?if the one they later bought came from ireland.
regards andrew.

pete 359:

Dave the Renegade:

hi dave,
that makes sense,my mate said they found one in south wales,which didn’t ring true with me :open_mouth: ,i think he meant mid wales :laughing: thanks dave.not sure?if the one they later bought came from ireland.
regards andrew.

William Stobart did try hard to buy Davids Atki,but he refused to sell it.He came to Knighton in his Helicopter,he then tried to borrow the unit for 18 months and put it in Stobart livery,but David wouldn’t budge.

Archie Paice:

greek:

Hullo Greek,
Thank you mate. You must forgive me, it must be old age gradually catching me up, but do you mean Noddy, used to be on Mondial for Georgis Atipa ? When we were all on the Greek run, Bobby Dobson ? The last I heard of him I do believe he went to Brown Warrier. If it is give him my very best regards. If it’s another Nobby / Noddy, then refresh my memory. If you ever see a Ward Bros DAF pulling a Tesco trailer, on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, maybe a Monday morning early going north on the A19, give it a Flash it may be me.
All the best, Cheers, Archie.

Sorry Eddie last post yes Archie thats the Bobby, he has just got himself a laptop & had seen one of your post on the North East section he can read stuff but a bit nervous about using it yet no doubt when he gets in the swing you wont shut him up :laughing: