Reversing problem

merc0447:
turtle reverse is just a crawler gear, the other reverse is a low reverse gear. But here is something if you’re in low reverse and you flick the right stalk up you get a high reverse gear. Only found that out the other day and ive been driving this auto for over a year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reversing without a clutch pedal just takes a bit of getting used to. These daf autos can make even the most experienced look like numpties.

and the inexperienced like they found their licence in a goody bag

gogzy:
and the inexperienced like they found their licence in a goody bag

:laughing: :laughing: yeah it did make me feel a bit like that :laughing: :laughing:

gogzy:
its nothing to do with the trailer, its the auto gearbox of the daf, its crap. if u want to make it easy use turle reverse,

the CF is thought of by many as being hopeless with an auto box. its either stop or go and getting a happy medium is a rare event. the XF and TGA/TGX seem to cope a bit better with it but they can suffer the same problem at times. i believe this is why scania kept the clutch pedal but i think too many drivers compained about it so they binned it (drivers never agree on anything) :unamused:

well they gave me a Daf CF with a manual box this week and wow! what a difference! Very smooth reversing, being able to slip or dip the clutch and dabbing the brake when needed made for a very smooth reverse. The auto box was definately the problem then.