Retirement road

Star down under.:
I’ve named mine Povbago. :laughing:

Povbago…

:smiley:

I’ll bet the A/C system alone on that monster drops yer mpg by 25% :smiley:

mushroomman:
As the rego was 540 EDD we called him … ED.
The worst name for a motorhome that I came across was Willybago :unamused:

Made me…

Think about Family Guy and Quagmire’s Winnebango RV. :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Star down under.:
I’ve named mine Povbago. :laughing:

Povbago…

:smiley:

I’ll bet the A/C system alone on that monster drops yer mpg by 25% :smiley:

I’m working on 10~12mpg, towing my 4x4. That’s equivalent or better than could be expected towing a modest caravan with the 4x4, bonus being more room/comfort, convenience and a higher cruising speed.

Star down under.:
I’m working on 10~12mpg, towing my 4x4. That’s equivalent or better than could be expected towing a modest caravan with the 4x4, bonus being more room/comfort, convenience and a higher cruising speed.

That’s pretty…

Good for a rig that size.

I’m looking at much much smaller things.

auto-trail.co.uk/f-line

:bulb:

yourhavingalarf:
Thank you…

For your responses and ideas.

If I do decide to start roaming, I’ll expect you lot to come up with a suitably ridiculous name for the van. Best (meaning worst) gets a prize.

Van Ordinaire? :wink:

As to the original point, you ideally need a home address. A brother, sister, friend, that sort of thing. I use my ex-girlfriend’s address and she opens up any mail that arrives and phones me to tell me what it is, if needs be she sends it on to me or takes a photo of it and sends it to me via Facebook messaging.

Harry Monk:
Van Ordinaire? :wink:

As to the original point, you ideally need a home address. A brother, sister, friend, that sort of thing. I use my ex-girlfriend’s address and she opens up any mail that arrives and phones me to tell me what it is, if needs be she sends it on to me or takes a photo of it and sends it to me via Facebook messaging.

Thanks for…

The name idea, it’ll go in the hat.

I’m a bit of a Billy Nomates so, alternative addresses aren’t a viable option.

I’m confident that any of my ex girlfriends would, without hesitation, put any mail for me directly into a shredder.

Not sure I have seen this done before :

walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n … 788540.amp

Might be a challenge to ‘tour’ with it unless you are happy with laybys and truxkstops as your stopovers, plus would need access to a tractor unit.

njl:

Might be a challenge to ‘tour’ with it unless you are happy with laybys and truxkstops as your stopovers, plus would need access to a tractor unit.

Full commercial test needed, I assume?
After standing in a field for 6 months or more that’ll be fun

Franglais:

njl:

Yeah I wondered if there would be a way around by downplating or something, and started to think about those pickups with 5th wheel attachments for a tow vehicle. Wouldn’t be my cup of tea anyhow!

njl:

Franglais:

njl:

Yeah I wondered if there would be a way around by downplating or something, and started to think about those pickups with 5th wheel attachments for a tow vehicle. Wouldn’t be my cup of tea anyhow!

Angle grinder and lose two axles for a start. Interior looks pretty, but as you say, not for me either.

Surely it’s for trailers at end of life with no possibility of moving, other than the planning consent that it’s a moveable object. Hope I don’t win the raffle, sounds like a right liability.

One up on Norman Tebbitts Dad ! Enough jobs now advertise free parking now, dont they? Take `em up on the offer.

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
It’s just an…

Idea at the moment. There are so many places that I went to in the lorry that I’d like to explore further and with time on my side.
As a bonus, I get to sit by the road watching traffic jams that have no consequences for me and the joy of driving in lane 2 at 53 mph all day.

That’s my plan for the future also.ww2 sites:

Stalingrad?