Retest tomorrow

I’m going for the shortest distance this time :slight_smile: - to Kirkwall. It’s gonna be something new as the guy has a drawbar not an artic.

Pleased to hear you’ve got your retest sorted. Whatever you do, make sure you get plenty of reversing practice with the drawbar. Also coupling/uncoupling. Driving forward should give no issues at all if it’s a decent outfit.

A little tip with the reverse: concentrate on getting clear of B cone (the one in the middle of the yard). From there, in a perfect world, the trailer will go into the garage. But if it’s going wrong, fret not. Pull the truck hard over to the left (and I mean hard) and go as far forward as level with the top two cones. Try and get the outfit straight in the process. From there, shove it straight back into the garage. With a drawbar, the trailer responds very quickly. So gently does it with the steering wheel. It’s very easy to correct it if it goes wrong. It’s equally easy to get it wrong to start with. The biggest thing is to remember VERY gently with the steering.

Ask your trainer if you can do some straight line reversing first. It will save time in the long run and pay dividends.

Hope it goes to plan. You can always post on here or pm. Always happy to help, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Well all going well I’ll have my next test on the 17th of June as well, taking the week off work so a few days away with the other half and have a good few hrs by myself going around and around the area as much as possible looking of for all the tricky bits, where places are so hopefully nerves don’t get to me so much and get that pass.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk