Reporting people to the police

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Road rage SHOCK - How overreacting while driving could land you a £1,000 fine | Express.co.uk

Yep anothe example of our beloved authorities capitalising on something else, with a veiled and false agenda ti justify it.
Another nail in the coffin of our freedoms to express ourselves.
Typical of this country if something is offensive to the establishment as in this case, or something is popular with the masses…let’s say cheap supermarket beer for example, the [zb] will either ban it, or preferably to them get their snouts in the trough to capitalise off it by either taxation or penalties.
Good old UK eh? :imp:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
thats why i moved to ireland ad left the mainland for the rats that are filling it.
i liked the link saying similar penalties for drivers vaping as it would distract them ect…pathetic.

jakethesnake:
Road rage SHOCK - How overreacting while driving could land you a £1,000 fine | Express.co.uk

Yes, good idea to post that, better for drivers to learn on this forum what is and isn’t acceptable, rather than learning the hard way with a £1000 fine☺️

Sploom:
so many times my day has been spoilt by someone making inappropriate finger gestures

Really? I imagine that your toothpaste of choice is sensitive too. I don’t for one minute believe what you’re saying, having your day spoilt is someone physically assaulting you or a family member, a house fire wiping out your belongings, an unexpectedly high bill for something, someone taking your wallet at knifepoint, certainly not someone waggling their fingers at you! How do you stand on people sticking their tongue out at you?

the maoster:

Sploom:
so many times my day has been spoilt by someone making inappropriate finger gestures

Really? I imagine that your toothpaste of choice is sensitive too. I don’t for one minute believe what you’re saying, having your day spoilt is someone physically assaulting you or a family member, a house fire wiping out your belongings, an unexpectedly high bill for something, someone taking your wallet at knifepoint, certainly not someone waggling their fingers at you! How do you stand on people sticking their tongue out at you?

Laugh.png

jakethesnake:
Quite agree and that’s why I spend more and more time in Holland these days.Been back in UK this week and everyone seems so stressed. They could learn a lesson or two from the Dutch life style. Can’t wait to get on that ferry.

Holland you say?
I reckon I may have cracked the case for why everyone seems so relaxed and chilled out over there… :laughing:

Sploom:
so many times my day has been spoilt by someone making inappropriate finger gestures, and they’ve got away with it.

Yesterday I pulled out of a junction and the guy in the car coming towards me had to change lanes. Yes I maybe misjudged the distance but it was still a decent sized gap, just a bit less than the MAN gearbox required, plus it was 2 lanes so he didnt even need to slow down, he changed lanes and that was it but he was so outraged at having to turn the steering wheel he decided to give me the fingers out the window. The lights were red up ahead so he slowed down and kept giving the gestures the whole time as I sat beside him till the lights changed then when he went left and I went straight on he gestured at me to follow him (past the point of no return for me even if I wanted to, which I found amusing). I just shook my head and carried on. You sound like youd have had a nervous breakdown and sat sobbing into the steering wheel if that happened to you.

That incident is the first time in I can’t remember how long (certainly many years) that I’ve had gestures given to me. If its happened to you “so many times”, have you ever considered that its YOU whos the problem?

DickyNick:

jakethesnake:

Good. About time the government addressed road rage and people starting fights with each other and crashing into each over petty little arguments about who was there first and who should have had right of way etc.

Double the fine from that and add 6 points I’d say. If you actually get out of the vehicle and start a punch up then a year ban from driving at least.

Second offence and ban for life.

Can’t keep your cool because someone has pulled out in front of you or someone has not let you out then you don’t deserve a licence.

Understand completely what you are saying but what would you do if the driver in question
put your life at risk through bad driving?

Happened to a mate of mine. He got out his car and put the guy in hospital. Did a stretch for it but says he has no regrets.
Not the way to go but maybe they need to look more at what caused the road rage and deal with them as well.
It all boils down to getting dangerous drivers off the road.

jakethesnake:

DickyNick:

jakethesnake:

Good. About time the government addressed road rage and people starting fights with each other and crashing into each over petty little arguments about who was there first and who should have had right of way etc.

Double the fine from that and add 6 points I’d say. If you actually get out of the vehicle and start a punch up then a year ban from driving at least.

Second offence and ban for life.

Can’t keep your cool because someone has pulled out in front of you or someone has not let you out then you don’t deserve a licence.

Understand completely what you are saying but what would you do if the driver in question
put your life at risk through bad driving?

Happened to a mate of mine. He got out his car and put the guy in hospital. Did a stretch for it but says he has no regrets.
Not the way to go but maybe they need to look more at what caused the road rage and deal with them as well.

Yes that’s fine. I still think there is a better way to deal with it. But I think most road rage develops over petty little things. Someone called me a ■■■■■■ yesterday because my car bonnet was over the give way line. Reason for that? I started moving out and then a taxi came round the corner at way over 30 so I stopped leaving me a little over the line. The next driver who didn’t see the reason I was over the line called me a ■■■■■■ for it. Now I didn’t react but if I was someone who did react and followed him you see how a petty little thing can balloon into something else. The fact that he felt the need to swear and gesture at me over that I’d question whether he’s deemed responsible enough to be allowed to drive a 3.5 ton lump of metal at 70mph. Fine em, give em points ban em. Sod it you clearly aren’t responsible to drive a vehicle if you lose it over stuff like that.

The-Snowman:

jakethesnake:
Quite agree and that’s why I spend more and more time in Holland these days.Been back in UK this week and everyone seems so stressed. They could learn a lesson or two from the Dutch life style. Can’t wait to get on that ferry.

Holland you say?
I reckon I may have cracked the case for why everyone seems so relaxed and chilled out over there… :laughing:

Sploom:
so many times my day has been spoilt by someone making inappropriate finger gestures, and they’ve got away with it.

Yesterday I pulled out of a junction and the guy in the car coming towards me had to change lanes. Yes I maybe misjudged the distance but it was still a decent sized gap, just a bit less than the MAN gearbox required, plus it was 2 lanes so he didnt even need to slow down, he changed lanes and that was it but he was so outraged at having to turn the steering wheel he decided to give me the fingers out the window. The lights were red up ahead so he slowed down and kept giving the gestures the whole time as I sat beside him till the lights changed then when he went left and I went straight on he gestured at me to follow him (past the point of no return for me even if I wanted to, which I found amusing). I just shook my head and carried on. You sound like youd have had a nervous breakdown and sat sobbing into the steering wheel if that happened to you.

That incident is the first time in I can’t remember how long (certainly many years) that I’ve had gestures given to me. If its happened to you “so many times”, have you ever considered that its YOU whos the problem?

There you go. I’d question if that annoys him so much is he responsible and mature enough to hold a driving licence? I’d say no. Ban him for a year.

jakethesnake:

I like your posts Jake. I like your “I dont give a ■■■■” style but im gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Back when I worked the doors, I was in the sports cafe in Glasgow one night and there was a fight on the mezzanine level. Quite a bad one with about 12 guys having 3 or 4 punch ups. I radioed for more stewards and some came from the front door. As they did so, they saw a man lying unconscious on the floor. One stayed to attend to him while the others continued upstairs. The unconscious man had landed on his back, swallowed his tongue and was already turning blue. His tongue was freed and he eventually came round. A look at the cctv later, after we’d got things under control, revealed he was minding his own business when a male from upstairs who was part of the big fight had came running down and just punched him in the face for no reason.
My point is that to this day, the man who punched him is walking around with no idea of just how close he came to killing someone. With one punch. That’s how frighteningly easy it can happen.
Considering one punch can, and has, resulted in death then to resort to beating someone up for almost killing you makes you just as bad, especially if it is so bad you do time for it.

I don’t want to fall out with you over it as like I said, I quite like your posts and style and im in agreement with getting dangerous drivers off the road. Driving is a privilege, not a right, and some people definitely don’t deserve to be allowed to drive. I just don’t think risking killing someone because they risked killing you is a justifiable response, or the answer

The-Snowman:

jakethesnake:

I like your posts Jake. I like your “I dont give a [zb]” style but im gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Back when I worked the doors, I was in the sports cafe in Glasgow one night and there was a fight on the mezzanine level. Quite a bad one with about 12 guys having 3 or 4 punch ups. I radioed for more stewards and some came from the front door. As they did so, they saw a man lying unconscious on the floor. One stayed to attend to him while the others continued upstairs. The unconscious man had landed on his back, swallowed his tongue and was already turning blue. His tongue was freed and he eventually came round. A look at the cctv later, after we’d got things under control, revealed he was minding his own business when a male from upstairs who was part of the big fight had came running down and just punched him in the face for no reason.
My point is that to this day, the man who punched him is walking around with no idea of just how close he came to killing someone. With one punch. That’s how frighteningly easy it can happen.
Considering one punch can, and has, resulted in death then to resort to beating someone up for almost killing you makes you just as bad, especially if it is so bad you do time for it.

I don’t want to fall out with you over it as like I said, I quite like your posts and style and im in agreement with getting dangerous drivers off the road. Driving is a privilege, not a right, and some people definitely don’t deserve to be allowed to drive. I just don’t think risking killing someone because they risked killing you is a justifiable response, or the answer

No your right, and I too agree with jake most of the time and I know he agrees with stuff I say so I think we tend to be on the same page with stuff, but I’m sorry anyone who attack’s someone because of a near miss, does time for it, and still says he doesn’t regret it…nah. He shouldn’t have a licence if he can get that wound up by something that nearly happened. Like you say, he could have killed someone for someone nearly but not killing him/them. Doesn’t make it right on any level.

think twice before calling plod. in my own town . felixstowe, they are so bent, you get on their radar as a telltaler you will be watched

i know someone who tipped off plod about people smuggling and he really regretted it cos the smugglers got to know who told, and guess by who.

ram_1979:
How often had to do this and what would it take for you to report someone. We have dash cams etc so the evidence is there.

They would of loved you in the ussr

I have reported a few cars over the years where the driver is quite clearly either drunk or high or maybe even having a medical issue. If I’m a grass or whatever the first list is then so be it. I wouldn’t be able to live with knowing if the prat caused an accident and I could have prevented it.

Have I reported for bad driving - no. I don’t have enough free minutes on my phone contract for that.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

After giving this matter some thought I’ve concluded that bad driving per se would merely get me tutting, however to guarantee me phoning plod and sending them camera footage all you would need to do is drive in front of me through any town and throw your bloody McDonalds crap out of your windows! Yep, that’d work every time. :imp:

P Stoff:
I have reported a few cars over the years where the driver is quite clearly either drunk or high or maybe even having a medical issue. If I’m a grass or whatever the first list is then so be it. I wouldn’t be able to live with knowing if the prat caused an accident and I could have prevented it.

Have I reported for bad driving - no. I don’t have enough free minutes on my phone contract for that.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

“a grass”… it’s school boy playground speak isn’t it :unamused: no your reporting someone who is doing wrong. Why should they get away with it when most are law abiding citizens. I will happily be a grass. Just saying.

The-Snowman:

jakethesnake:

I like your posts Jake. I like your “I dont give a [zb]” style but im gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Cheers you must be one of the few. :laughing: No I don’t agree with what he did either however I can kinds understand why he did it. I don’t know all the details of what happened that day so I can only go by what my mate told me but I also know he does not usually twist stuff.
All I know is that he had his two young kids in the car at the time and this other driver put them in great danger. My mate thought he was going to die and still does not know how they survived but thankfully they did. He did say if his kids had not been with him he would not have reacted the way he did. Not right but kinda understandable. Maybe :confused:

The learned would say… “Snitches get stitches” and the wise would complement with “…end up in ditches”.

osark:
The learned would say… “Snitches get stitches” and the wise would complement with “…end up in ditches”.

The sensible amongst us would say you’ve watched too many American gangster films…

xichrisxi:

osark:

The sensible amongst us would say you’ve watched too many American gangster films…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and the realists amongst us would say…" welcome to northern ireland" :open_mouth:

jakethesnake:

Item 2 on that list is wrong. You can MOT your vehicle any time you like.