Reporting an Accident

Well the plod have been round and cautioned my wife with a view to the possibility of sending a NIP for careless driving. However, the copper then read through the incident report and noticed that the owner of the damaged car who works at the hospital came out with the hospital security guard about 15 mins after incident and stated that she and the guard couldn’t see any damage at all, then when she came out at 13.00 she said that there was a A4 size dent as well as a crease in her wing. :open_mouth:
The copper said (off the record :unamused: ) that he thought that possibly her car had been damaged by another car after my wife’s ‘incident’ and that as she had our details she was going to claim off us for repairs instead of her own insurance. The cop advised us to contact our insurers and explain situation, this we did only to be told that our insurers had admitted liability and settled the claim and due to small amount involved they weren’t particularly interested :open_mouth: Makes you think doesn’t it?

Rob K:
Ah, was that when you spent the night in one of the Queen’s local hotels? :laughing:

That was the one. :wink: It was just like a night out really, cramped conditions and a crappy bunk.

Well the plod have been round and cautioned my wife with a view to the possibility of sending a NIP for careless driving.

That is ridiculous - are they going to start “doing” anyone who has an accident, unless of course they are plod…

… tax on accidents now ■■?

G

penfold:
our insurers had admitted liability and settled the claim and due to small amount involved they weren’t particularly interested :open_mouth: Makes you think doesn’t it?

If you ever seen first hand how they operate its absolutly unreal.