Red Face Morning

Couple of years ago i was going to a drop near Thornliebank so i thought i would nip down Haggs road…

i knew there was a railway bridge but i did not know the height, so as i was driving along i looked out for signs…

didn’t see any so i thought great it must be over 16’4"…got to the bridge and it is 15’3" :open_mouth: and i was 15’10" :cry:

luckily there was an industrial est just to the right so i could turn around :blush:

what about the Arched bridge on the A77 just before Maybole, coming from Minishant it says it is 14’9" but coming from Maybole it says 16"6" :open_mouth:

so if you were going down that road for the first time from Minishant with a high trailer and see that sign you would sh*t yourself :laughing:

Hope there weren’t any truckers in the vehicles squeezing past - shame on them if there were.

I’ve done similar, went straight through a roundabout thinking I was one further up than I was, quite happily toodling along when some barsteward plonked a low bridge in front of me. No way of turning round, no way around. Reversed back 100 yards and blindsided into a narrow access road to a car park for a block of flats. Slotted in first time like I meant it, which is how I knew no one was watching :laughing:

A.