Recruitment drivers

limeyphil:
Forget hourly rates. A decent day rate is what’s needed. You, Your customer, and the driver know where they stand.

Yeh. £100 a day. Sounds yummy until they ask you to “pull your card” at 15 hours still 3 hours out from base. :smiling_imp:

alamcculloch:
If you have a brand new shiny licence you wont necessarily know how to open the curtains on a curtainsider.The buckles are usually straight forward but you have to lift up the pole and walk it back,easy I know but put your self in the position of a guy who has never done it before.How about skips and tippers?They are not standard so cant really give advice on here.Its been said on the forum in the past that there is not the camaraderie among drivers,if you ask for help or advice the guy is more likely to laugh at you or film your misfortune then post it up on trucknet (other forums are available).

Lifting up my pole and sliding it back easy usually qualifies as number 6, although I do realise they’d have to turn you around to blow smoke up your proverbial arse on top of that. :smiley:

you want my feed back well as some already pointed out if you don’t have work don’t advertise for it!
the amount of times I have been caught out by that scam is one too many and then there is the lamest excuse why I can’t have a job

" you don’t have any experience" followed by my response “how do I get said Experience?” the answer is always “go work for some one else :click:”

sadly a lot of companies and not just agencies but a local haulage firms have come out with this B.S … I have little or no chance of getting said “experience”!!!

I know a few drivers are getting feed up of hearing this newbi whine about not getting a his chance to shine but when I read earlier on this week about a shortage of drivers due to them not having the CPC card I saw red!!! I GOT A ■■■■■■■ CPC CARD!!! USE ME TO COVER!!!

fat chance of that happening

I’m really starting to feel like I have wasted all that money on training just to be given the finger

RiverDrive:
In terms of rates I do not pay £8.50 for an artic driver I will pay them up to £12 p/h. I pay my drivers what I believe is fair and an acceptable rate for the work ethnic

Is he allowed to differentiate on ethnic workers? Isn’t that politically incorrect? :smiley:

Quietjay, no offence but you’ve only had your class 2 about 10 months, I’ve had mine over 12 years and there’s little about for me. You may have to drive something smaller for an agency or even supermarket home deliveries just to get that on road experience. Despite my experience I’m still spoken to like a newby at my work (been there since February but delivering flour isn’t brain surgery). Take something delivery related to bide your time, it’ll pad out your cv until something comes along.

I run a driving division for an agency which we started up last year. I was a class 1 driver for over 12 years. I treat all my drivers with respect and if i have no work i tell my drivers to look else where until i get something for them. I never advertise for work i dont have. I would take on new drivers but its the insurance companies stating who we can take on and not the agencies. I would love to take on new drivers who want to work because the mojority of drivers who sign up go cold when you phone them up to give them work and give you so many excuses why they cant work. Why sign up if you dont want to work. As for agency drivers causing all the damage, utter rubish everybody has bad days

Muckaway:
Quietjay, no offence but you’ve only had your class 2 about 10 months, I’ve had mine over 12 years and there’s little about for me. You may have to drive something smaller for an agency or even supermarket home deliveries just to get that on road experience. Despite my experience I’m still spoken to like a newby at my work (been there since February but delivering flour isn’t brain surgery). Take something delivery related to bide your time, it’ll pad out your cv until something comes along.

I am have been chaseing delivery work Iv applied for 3.5ton work and 7.5 ton work and even droping off junk mail… no one wants to know

I do not get all this, WE WANT PAYE, how much are YOU paying etc.

LTD Company is the way to go - Avoid umbrella like the plague, why would anyone want to earn less and pay more tax than necessary?

As a LTD company, you set the rate - I charge what I charge and the agencies book me or they don’t, I have not had more than 2 days off (rest time) in the last 3 months, I have also earned no less than £800 for a weeks work in the last 3 months.

It is not tax avoidance or evasion etc, you are working supplying your services as a contractor

trubster:

LTD Company is the way to go - Avoid umbrella like the plague, why would anyone want to earn less and pay more tax than necessary?

As a LTD company, you set the rate - I charge what I charge and the agencies book me or they don’t, I have not had more than 2 days off (rest time) in the last 3 months, I have also earned no less than £800 for a weeks work in the last 3 months.

It is not tax avoidance or evasion etc, you are working supplying your services as a contractor

This is like something you see on the NET meaning someone’s says to you ITS A SCAM, if you have to tell people you are earning 800 a week on this SITE, or any where else, you heard it here first ITS A SCAM BE WARNED. PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF EUROPE DRIVING DON’T GET NEAR THAT.

Whoops, wrong forum! :blush:

would not work for an agency, your scum, end of

Rgavvo:
I run a driving division for an agency which we started up last year. I was a class 1 driver for over 12 years. I treat all my drivers with respect and if i have no work i tell my drivers to look else where until i get something for them. I never advertise for work i dont have. I would take on new drivers but its the insurance companies stating who we can take on and not the agencies. I would love to take on new drivers who want to work because the mojority of drivers who sign up go cold when you phone them up to give them work and give you so many excuses why they cant work. Why sign up if you dont want to work. As for agency drivers causing all the damage, utter rubish everybody has bad days

Drivers go cold when they see its all crap last min shifts on offer with very poor rates agenceys have ruined hgv driving for me

nightline:
This is like something you see on the NET meaning someone’s says to you ITS A SCAM, if you have to tell people you are earning 800 a week on this SITE, or any where else, you heard it here first ITS A SCAM BE WARNED. PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF EUROPE DRIVING DON’T GET NEAR THAT.

Yet another person without drive, ambition or the simple nouse(sp) to be able to maximise earnings by working with agencies and directly with companies. Typical full timer attitude that will never be changed even with a bank statement slapped in his face and therefore anybody who suggests earnings in excess of £800 is a nutter and liar.

Well to be frank, £800 is pretty poor if you ask me so it must have been a short week for Trubster.

If you want to make the big money then grow a pair of balls and get out there and find how to do it because I certainly aint going to tell you. Working as a full time paye driver will never make you much money end of.

Just to really wind you up, I made £1,245.30 this week and I sleep in my own bed at home every day but hey, I must be a liar and its all a scam!

nearly there:
Drivers go cold when they see its all crap last min shifts on offer with very poor rates agenceys have ruined hgv driving for me

I am and have been booked indefinately on nights UFN, Know exact start time and run at least 36 hours before start time.

trubster:

Simple thing is some drivers don’t want the hassle of setting up a LTD, not only that but its just another way for the agencies and employers to get out of some of their statatory emplyment law. Some of the WTD would be implemented properly if your PAYE.

Also for some drivers, like me, the benefits of LTD are minimal for the extra costs involved. I already claim all the tax expense allowances as a sole trader, going LTD would just add another layer of paperwork ontop of the sole trader, partnership, and PAYE stuff I already have (I work is several different industries)

Being a limited company is a lot less hassle than many people make it out to be. It also protects you and your personal property should the business run into difficulties whereas being a sole trader offers no protection whatsoever and you could potentially lose everything.

The setup cost was about £30 on the Internet and my only real costs are accounting fees and the registration fee every year of about £75 payable to companies house.

Muckaway:
Take something delivery related to bide your time, it’ll pad out your cv until something comes along.

I’ve been practicing that agy work ethic to gain experience …for the past 13yrs
I wonder when I’ll ever figure it out, or will I never stop learning?

Truckbling:
The setup cost was about £30 on the Internet and my only real costs are accounting fees and the registration fee every year of about £75 payable to companies house.

No accounting fees :wink: . . . and the registration fee is £15.

Stan

Stanley Knife:

Truckbling:

No accounting fees :wink: . . . and the registration fee is £15.

Stan

You need to pay Compaies house for your annual returns and accounts filing, the accounting fees will be to compile your VAT Returns (If you cant do it - ITS EASY) and year end accounts