Reasons given for H&S rules

Know how you feel,i said in an earlier post that we are now having to stand outside the cab behind a barrier while the forkie unloads the vehicle,previous to that it wasn’t a problem,we sat in our cabs for just over 2 years at this regular drop,then some H&S ■■■■ decides we can no longer do that under H&S bull,ask the forklift driver why,they asked on our behalf and didn’t get an answer back

robroy:
Just had the yard foreman come to me and politely explained to me that one ■■■■ decided to pull forward while getting tipped on day, when the flt had his forks in a pallet, turning it over.
So same old same old…1 prick who spoils things for everybody else.

If the incident he was eluding to is the one I knew about it was in a keyline yard and it was their own wagon [emoji57]
My argument with them was that their own lorries have the engines running while they’re being loaded so they can move the hiab about whereas us curtainside drivers switch the engines off whilst tipping so for us to move we’d have to first start up then wait 5 seconds for the ■■■■■■ auto to decide to obey your request, plenty of time for the forky to get out the way. The fact that their own driver was a complete ■■■■■■■ for not even checking his mirrors before moving shouldn’t have put all these stupid draconian measures in our way!
TP’s ridiculous H&S rules and the way their yard staff treated us drivers was one of the reasons I quit at Wavin after 12 years! That and Wincanton trying their best to ■■■■ the job up everyday [emoji57]
Don’t miss any of the builders merchants tbh, most of the staff are tossers these days. [emoji17]

The most ridiculous HSE crap I’ve ever dealt with is being told to wear a HiViz in a McD’s drive through, seriously.

It was the one at the A1/A14 junction, forgot the name of it, a mate and I were on our way to Desborough for a delivery the next morning, we walked up to the McD’s just as they locked the doors and the spotty youth with the key told us we would have to use the drive through. So we did, got to the pay window and the manager told us that he couldn’t serve us as we were not in a vehicle, we told him we were lorry drivers and our vehicles wouldn’t fit, so then he said he couldn’t serve us unless we wore a HiViz, “It’s health and safety sir”.

At this point I had a sense of humour failure and told them to shove it up their arse, a quick walk to the BP garage and a magnum from the freezer (I only wanted a McFlurry) sorted the problem without the requirement to dress up like the Village People.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
The most ridiculous HSE crap I’ve ever dealt with is being told to wear a HiViz in a McD’s drive through, seriously.

It was the one at the A1/A14 junction, forgot the name of it, a mate and I were on our way to Desborough for a delivery the next morning, we walked up to the McD’s just as they locked the doors and the spotty youth with the key told us we would have to use the drive through. So we did, got to the pay window and the manager told us that he couldn’t serve us as we were not in a vehicle, we told him we were lorry drivers and our vehicles wouldn’t fit, so then he said he couldn’t serve us unless we wore a HiViz, “It’s health and safety sir”.

At this point I had a sense of humour failure and told them to shove it up their arse, a quick walk to the BP garage and a magnum from the freezer (I only wanted a McFlurry) sorted the problem without the requirement to dress up like the Village People.

Did this really happen ■■ :unamused: :unamused: Really ?

Sorry but maybe it was just that one, but I have often done the same thing. Gone to the MacD on foot, truck parked nearby, doors shut, voice from inside " sorry the restaurant is closed, use the drive through" , me " sorry I’m in a truck and I don’t think it will fit " big smile on my face, smile from inside too, “that’s ok walk round I will tell the staff that you are coming round on foot” So I did and got served. Not a problem! Hands full with bag of food, back to truck , job done! Do it often at the one at Wincanton, after I’ve tipped at Peter Green’s depot in Evercreech, just to give you an example.

pierrot 14:

newmercman:

Did this really happen ■■ :unamused: :unamused: Really ?

Sorry but maybe it was just that one, but I have often done the same thing. Gone to the MacD on foot, truck parked nearby, doors shut, voice from inside " sorry the restaurant is closed, use the drive through" , me " sorry I’m in a truck and I don’t think it will fit " big smile on my face, smile from inside too, “that’s ok walk round I will tell the staff that you are coming round on foot” So I did and got served. Not a problem! Hands full with bag of food, back to truck , job done! Do it often at the one at Wincanton, after I’ve tipped at Peter Green’s depot in Evercreech, just to give you an example.

I’ve used a McDonald’s drive through on my push bike before. It really upsets them, something to do with insurance apparently.

Captain Caveman 76:
I’ve used a McDonald’s drive through on my push bike before. It really upsets them, something to do with insurance apparently.

Reckon it would be more confusing them than upsetting them, most of the staff at those places aint the brightest buttons in the box. :smiley:

Yes it really happened, it wasn’t the first time I had walked through a drive through either, nor the last, but that one time played out exactly as I described it. The spotty youth ran to the doors to lock them as he saw us approaching and we had a little discussion about not being able to drive through the drive through because we were in lorries, all polite and civilised, but we were told the tills were all closed in the restaurant part, I probably suggested using the open drive through till while we waited inside, but they weren’t having it. It was not even time for the doors to be locked anyway, there were at least 10mins before closing time, perhaps pointing that out ■■■■■■ them off, who knows? As said, it’s possible that the staff weren’t going to win mastermind. Although saying that, my daughter worked at McD’s while at University and she’s a right little brain box, takes after her Dad obviously lol

Adonis.:

nick2008:
Nothing to do with being poked in the eye ,
It’s to do with particles of dust from the board getting into the eye preventing downtime and medical attention the same as the dust blown around the dock area, ever notice the workers on the highways wear glasses, or on building sites , concrete dust to name one contains lime. Just pop down the road into wicks and flick some cement dust in your eye then watch and feel it burn.

Load of utter pish, better not step outside the house in case I get dust in my eye, keep away from that beach you might get sand in your eye. :unamused:

A.

But then that’s your own risk, companies are covering there rear ends with the blame to claim society.

nick2008:

Adonis.:

nick2008:
Nothing to do with being poked in the eye ,
It’s to do with particles of dust from the board getting into the eye preventing downtime and medical attention the same as the dust blown around the dock area, ever notice the workers on the highways wear glasses, or on building sites , concrete dust to name one contains lime. Just pop down the road into wicks and flick some cement dust in your eye then watch and feel it burn.

Load of utter pish, better not step outside the house in case I get dust in my eye, keep away from that beach you might get sand in your eye. :unamused:

A.

But then that’s your own risk, companies are covering there rear ends with the blame to claim society.

You’re right, still a load of utter pish deserving of ridicule.

A.

Captain Caveman 76:

They like it even less when you use the drive through on a horse! :laughing: :laughing:

TBF the manager did say, that if the horses could be ■■■■■■■ safely and not left unattended, they were welcome.

This bloke never had a problem either, I took that in Exeter last summer, he must be a regular as I was the only one that took any notice of him.

newmercman:
This bloke never had a problem either, I took that in Exeter last summer, he must be a regular as I was the only one that took any notice of him.

Tha”ll be Jethro for his supper