Realities of European driving

Pack a puncture repair kit or spare tubes and a pump.Some bike lights.Map to find the truck again.Name of the place where you parked it.
If see “Club” sign flashing in fluerescent lights it is advisable not to take the wife or G/f in there with you thinking it is a dancing club.
The only dancing going on in there is horizontal dancing.

Ahh having worked out in Europe for a short spell, I’m almost tearful with nostalgia reading this thread! I’d love to do it again, I would be if it weren’t for the good money I’m on at the mo here it the UK, but I’m so bored here!

Are Van Den Bosch still taking British? :grimacing:

Arrive too late to collect the reload to get you home.
Its friday afternoon and they say come back monday.
Next plan of action.Drop trailer.Unit only to the beach.
Get sunburnt.
Load up monday.Sand in the cab.

toby1234abc:
Arrive too late to collect the reload to get you home.
Its friday afternoon and they say come back monday.
Next plan of action.Drop trailer.Unit only to the beach.
Get sunburnt.
Load up monday.Sand in the cab.

not everybody tips/reload near a beach!

rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/ … d-to-rome/

i think this is a good description of european driving and still relevant today.

Thanks for all the replies

Oh by the way gunner if you wanna try it Continental express at waltham abbey need drivers. Double manned so you learn the easy way. They aint the best but you gotta start somewhere. :slight_smile:

robinhood_1984:

Deeireland:
Anyone that does euro work knows the cost of phoning home browsing the web etc
Its a rip off and I know roaming tariffs are going to change soon.is it the same in america when you drive from state to state ?

In Canada (and the US) mobile phones have a geographical number, not an 07 number as per the UK. So when you’re out of your local area and call back, its a long distance charge. Its more expensive again if you’re in the US and call Canada and on the few times I need to call customers to ask something, on my Canadian phone, a few minutes costs quite a few dollars. Total rip off. You can get much cheaper deals with US phones though but not much good if all your mates are on Canadian phones as it’ll cost them an arm and a leg to receive your call.

Why don’t you use Skype. Get somewhere where they have Wi-Fi & make your call Worldwide @ about 1d a minute to landlines. Get yerself an account ,cost about £8 @ month. You can use a laptop,ipod, ipad ect.
I call Thai & China cellphones from UK @ 1d a minute. Swiss i call a landline to a retired trucker ,everyday for peanuts.Also call the States. Computer to computer is free ,anywhere in the World.
Hope this helps?

Johnny aka Little John:
Oh by the way gunner if you wanna try it Continental express at waltham abbey need drivers. Double manned so you learn the easy way. They aint the best but you gotta start somewhere. :slight_smile:

Cheers johnny

harry:
Why don’t you use Skype. Get somewhere where they have Wi-Fi & make your call Worldwide @ about 1d a minute to landlines. Get yerself an account ,cost about £8 @ month. You can use a laptop,ipod, ipad ect.
I call Thai & China cellphones from UK @ 1d a minute. Swiss i call a landline to a retired trucker ,everyday for peanuts.Also call the States. Computer to computer is free ,anywhere in the World.
Hope this helps?

I was talking more of when I’m on the road and need to call a customer to see if they’ll wait for me, if I can park there etc. In those cases finding wifi will take more time than its worth. For calling home to England I have phone cards that cost $10 each and last for 3 months before expiring, I call home for at least an hour every weekend and I’ve always got balance left on them when they expire so it really does cost nothing.