Re: skip waggons

There also great at lifting your new s3 lightweight over hedges! Circa 2007(The boss ■■■■■■ himself when he seen it) :laughing: youtu.be/pTIUB5oxKqI

andrew.s:
its not the builders you have to worry about-they know the score,its the private houses that seem to think they can load them ten feet high with crap!!
and not many skip lorries have the cross bar now as nearly all have (independantly)extendable arms…

There you go then.

You are obviously an experienced skip driver so I’ll just STFU up & listen to you.

Chas:

andrew.s:
its not the builders you have to worry about-they know the score,its the private houses that seem to think they can load them ten feet high with crap!!
and not many skip lorries have the cross bar now as nearly all have (independantly)extendable arms…

There you go then.

You are obviously an experienced skip driver so I’ll just STFU up & listen to you.

think you really should just STFU…

Quick tip, never ever ever pick up a skip on a hill if there is a car parked close to it on the downhill side.You WILL cause damage to the car, trust me!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I think the worst part of skip work, is the stupid places people want skips putting.

I work for a scrap/recycling place, we fetch skips of engines which are always shoved up a corner somewhere and are hard to get onto.

For beginner work, skipping is awesome though, as it will teach you how to go backwards, judge distances and get into tight spots.

VOSA do love to pull over skip lorries though, so make sure you have a good story!

Is it skips in the traditional sense of the word or do you mean skips as in roro skips