Ratchet Straps

The Highway Man:
Can’t stand them, If I was given £1 for everyone I’ve retrieved from live lanes on the motorway, I’d be a rich man. It must cost you lads and lasses a fortune to replace them!!

Like them

highways.gov.uk/news/pressre … eid=164475

No wonder east mids truckers keep their balls in a bag, if that’s how many straps they loose :laughing:

loading hay and straw, hardest game in the world that. length ropes, 13 course with riders. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would question the wisdom of using a lever to overtighten a ratchet. All that will do is bend the handle or the ratchet pawl. If it needs a lever to tighten it, maybe it needs chains and dwangs (sylvesters) to hold it on.

Right, new straps arrived yesterday. :slight_smile: Having paid for them 24 hours earlier. Nice efficient service, its what we like.

Assume we are allowed to post companies on here if we could recommended their services?

gtf.co.uk/

I ordered 8 of these gtf.co.uk/RB5050ERG-OD.html with short length of webbing and standard 50mm wire hooks. They come to £9.90 each before VAT + delivery. So didn’t make this the cheapest order in the world, but if it saves me wrenching my back every time I tighten the standard ratchets, or losing anything off the back of the load, then its well worth it, and they belong to me now, so if I move jobs, the decent kit can come with.

And yes in a perfect world the company would have bought them for me. But this isn’t a perfect world last time I checked, there is more chance of the truck sprouting wings.

Cheers for the advice folks.