rank hovis

Wheel Nut:
And if you havent got the knack, you will end up looking like the homepride man

Graded grains make finer flour.

Or you may look like the pilsbury dough boy :stuck_out_tongue: HeHe

Why wont you go to London, you dont have to pay kens CC yourself, or do you?

i wont go there because of the traffic system. been there, done it, didnt like it. i wont even go there in a car now. it just aint worth the hassle :unamused:

its actually EXEL who run the transport side of things so it was them who i had the interview with.
i think it went very well :smiley:
i should find out on friday

Good luck scanny77 :smiley:

scanny77

Now’s your chance to get a bit of limbering up done,

Throw the Missus over your shoulder and run up and down the stairs half a dozen times,

Then make an obstacle course in the kitchen, sqeeze behine the fridge,sideways past the cooker then round the dog then duck under the stairs,

Then get somebody to hit you over the head with a couple of 2lb bags of flour, this is to simulate a bag bursting as you pull it off the truck.

It will stand you in good stead . honest. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good Luck anyway

Best of luck, Richie. :laughing:

thanks guys.
i am quite confident about it and if i do get in, i will be exploring new avenues with regards to training facilities etc. mentioning the websites definately went in my favour and training is one of the things we are looking at in Truckersworld. no point in letting an opportunity slip past :wink:

scanny77

How did you get on?

Have you heard yet.

thanks for the good wishes everyone. it paid off. i start on monday.
i also got offered the job with Hildon Water that i was after in february. both job offers within an hour of each other. the Hildon one is the one that i enjoyed doing but the pay is about £500 a month less plus other advantages that i would not have. i weighed them up and the Exel job pays a lot more with less travelling expenses so i am sticking with that.
thanks again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Richie, I might see you in there on Monday as am doing a pallet run for them (unless the agency changes it’s mind by then).

Excellent news Richie, well done, I’m pleased for you :laughing: , nice to have a choice is’nt it?

Well done Richie and good luck :smiley: .

CM:
Excellent news Richie, well done, I’m pleased for you :laughing: , nice to have a choice is’nt it?

its still strange though. i waited 2 months for the job i wanted and i get offered it within an hour of accepting another one :unamused:
the money has won me though. i can nett more with Exel than i would gross with Hildon. plus this job is 5 minutes down the road while the other one is miles away. more pennies plus contacts to throw into Truckersworld. if i can put my ideas into place, there will be something for all of us to take a part in :wink:

I saw a proper flour truck on trafford park on tuesday :exclamation:

An 8 wheel bulk tanker pulling an A frame curtainsider with a moffet mounty on the back.

That sounds like someone is getting their moneys worth out of the driver :smiley: was it you?

I wish I had a picture of that one

not me mate. i was stuck on a 7.5 tonner with white arrow written all over it yesterday and i had a 7.5 ton dust cart this morning. my new job starts on monday. 10am start since it is my induction day. my guess is they will teach me to ■■■■ eggs at first so they can assess me on the job :unamused:

i have worked 32 hours over the past 3 days. i worked out my hourly rate based on the 55 hours that i get paid anyway. £7.34/hour :imp:
on the up side, they are upgrading me to class 1 soon so the pay will be better and the job will be easier. no handballing like the 3 tons i had to do at one shop today :open_mouth: