Rail strike called

I think strikes should be illegal!!!

Replaced by the system that gives MPs a pay rise every year which they have no choice but to take.

alamcculloch:

rambo19:
Not seen any strikes being called.

Its up here, Scotrail drivers arent doing rest day working or overtime. Rail services are finishing in the early evenings, some workers cant get home etc.

As I said, no strikes being called.

cav551:

Cosmic:
Anyone working in the rail industry is already well paid and well rewarded. Unions want to take us back to the dark ages. It’s all part of their yobbish nature to hold the country to ransom. They enjoy it.

You are just jealous. Funny how many posts there are enquiring about how to get a job driving trains because it is well paid and the terms and conditions are good. There IS a reason for that … and guess what that is? Yes you’ve got it, strong Union membership.

Membership is worth nothing without militancy to go with it.
Strange how unions reacting to weaponised price led inflation, historically used by the employer classes to reduce incomes and living standards, is regarded as holding the country to ransom.
Employed workers have just as much right to maintain their incomes in real terms as self employed and shop owners and businesses.
Bearing in mind that 10% on just the wage cost component doesn’t/shouldn’t translate as 10% on overall retail prices.

the dark ages when your wife stayed home looked after the kids ect and one wage could still afford a semi,and a little holiday and a car I did and I liked a pint . :stuck_out_tongue:

fuse:
the dark ages when your wife stayed home looked after the kids ect and one wage could still afford a semi,and a little holiday and a car I did and I liked a pint . :stuck_out_tongue:

Then the government created the narrative that women ‘want’ equality.
Here we are in the 21st century with over worked stressed out women dying in their 50’s and can’t claim their pension until 66+ and households needing two incomes to pay the bills.

Cosmic:
Anyone working in the rail industry is already well paid and well rewarded. Unions want to take us back to the dark ages. It’s all part of their yobbish nature to hold the country to ransom. They enjoy it.

Ok, the drivers, and I guess management might not fare badly money wise, but there’s a lot more employed in the industry who aren’t, and their conditions have been static, or to be more precise, deteriorating, for donkeys. I’m all in favour of unions, … how else did workers get sick pay, holidays, and all the rest which we take for granted nowadays?
It’s more the pity that lorry drivers have become noticeably less willing to have representation over the past few decades, with obvious results.
But yeah, let’s just swallow everything the daily mail tells us, and keep tugging our forelocks to the establishment.

Unions are necessary.

The majority of best paying jobs out there will have a strong union that’s fought for, then protected the terms and conditions on offer over many years. Militant unions of the past that would go on strike if the kettle wasn’t fixed ASAP, were obviously over the top and do not exist anymore, but a strong union is essential for the employee.

Anyone who starts moaning saying things like “Greedy ■■■■■■■■■ are either on the wind up or, envious of that workforces position.

From personal experience it’s no coincidence that the 3 best jobs I’ve had were unionised, and offered the best working conditions and employment package as a whole, in comparison to jobs that didn’t.

Trapped.in.hell:
Unions are necessary.

The majority of best paying jobs out there will have a strong union that’s fought for, then protected the terms and conditions on offer over many years. Militant unions of the past that would go on strike if the kettle wasn’t fixed ASAP, were obviously over the top and do not exist anymore, but a strong union is essential for the employee.

Anyone who starts moaning saying things like “Greedy [zb]” are either on the wind up or, envious of that workforces position.

From personal experience it’s no coincidence that the 3 best jobs I’ve had were unionised, and offered the best working conditions and employment package as a whole, in comparison to jobs that didn’t.

It was obviously in the employers’ interests to create the propaganda narrative of ‘greedy’ ‘militant’ unions striking for fun.Bearing in mind inflation running at closer to 20% in the 1970s as usual being price led not wage led.
The working class bought it and Callaghan and Thatcher won and the rest is history.

During the original lockdown, Londoners found out how much they could cope without both TfL transit coupled with rather more expensive private car use at the same time…

I can imagine a situation where London will vote in future for politicians who give them their moneysworth, and stop ■■■■■■■ about like Khaaan has managed to do with knobs on these past 5 years…

“Working from Home” cityworker types - will not be able to get to the offices, and they’ll push to be watching for more netflix on 80% of their former pay - permanently.

…And yet… AND YET…

Our roads are full of private car drivers, on their own, neither dressed for work (by the looks of it) nor buying food for their families…

RIddle me this "What the F… are they all doing out and about - IF we are supposedly about to all be skintified over the “Cost of Living” Altar-of-Discontent we now face by CHOICE from our illustrious parliament, both sides of■■?

edd1974:
I keep hearing on news in media if go on strike the shelves in the shops will be empty.
Surely there isnt that much frieght that uses railways is there?

I saw a freight train go past. Every (carriage/wagon/bogey■■?) was a container branded Tesco.

Mick Lynch doesn`t have the same number of names as Grant Shapps (Michael Green, Corrine Stockheath, Sebastian Fox) maybe that is why he is so much clearer in what he says?
youtu.be/CyP43EUMf7w