Radclive transport

Mick
How good is your memory ? ODP233M, and what are you doing tghese days ? please don`t tell me you have retired, sad news about Des

Ray

Mick’s too busy to retire, one nip up and the injector pump missing occasionly and he’s still going. Dave’s doing driving for Force India F1 amongst other things.
Chazzer

just to bring this thread back to the fore there were three main requirements to work for Radclives.
Firstly a great sense of humour’
Secondly the capacity to consume large quantities of falling down water,
Thirdly to have an HGV.
And that is not maligning anyone who worked there.

Does anyone out there have any idea what happened to Martin Chambers and David Whiteway ?

Ray :question:

LB76:
hiya, is it john banks the one you are thinking of? used to be matey with andy(?) who i met in yugo one trip andy worked for john banks and i beleive some of the trucks came from unit commercials.also connected with O&B transport from over cambs.

Was it Andy Addison , the man you met in Yugo?

chazzer:
Hi Bobbydog, (Ray) I can throw some more names into the hat for you Dave Goddard, now self-employed driver was doing quite a lot for Davies Int ,Mick Shirley ex sales manager for Mudie Bond, Micky Dunston, Colin Winslow, Dave Mayer drives for MacBurnie in Witney, Gordon Smith, John Elbrow (Gonzo), Bobby Smith, RIP, Alec Christie. Also the subbies, myself Charlie Gethin and Tony Saunders (the Didcot Budda). Can’t remember the name of the posh pub in Faringdon that was always host to a riotous friday night but I think the landlords name was Bart.
regards
Chazzer

I think that Mickey Dunston now drives for Charles Russell Transport , Walton Hill Farm, Coombe Hill, Cheltenham , Gloucestershire

Yes, the name of the pub was The Crown, and it was Bart, but Alex always preferred the pub on the corner (cant remember the name) There was Roger Maull another driver, Colin (The pope) who tried his best to manage the accounts. and we had a Canadian called Dan Baldock in the office for a while. If ever there was a company held together by its drivers/fitters, I will always hold them in the highest respect. We had so many really good subbies as well who came from the same mould.

Ray

Ray, Mick, there was another accountant who had been at Radclives before and returned to take over after Dan Dan the accountant man and who often wore pink shirts, can you remember what his name was?

Was it ■■? who bought a newsagents shop in Devon or somewher south West Ian■■?

hI, dIDNT KNOW THIS FIRM, BUT HAVE A PICTURE OF A ROAD TRAIN. mIKE

I seem to remember that we bought two 6x4 trucks, F10 perhaps, both with 27 ton axles, one was chopped down to work as a 6x4 tractor unit and the second was a road train, can anyone else remember these vehicles ?
Ray

My uncles are Mick and Dave Shirley, both doing F1 for diff teams. Told Mick about this so he might be on soon.

HI all you childhood hero’s of mine!
some of you were asking about JSK, well i can tell you that he and Heather are still loving to loath or loathing to love one another (DEPENDING ON YOUR VEIW POINT!) and are, belive it or not, still together after 46 years of marriage!
ocassionaly I get the odd phone call that requires me to be Devils advocate but these days they get on pretty well.
as you will have gatherd by now i am their daughter but people say i get more like dad everyday so DO NOT TOUCH MY MIRRORS!!
Dad stil dines off the stories of when you were all together and i know how much he treasures his memories and how fond he still is of you all. As i am writing this i am looking at photos of Keene’s Mistress, 69er, hanibal (oh how i loved Haniball)
my dad and the legend that is Rod Sadler!!
and Yes he does have his F12 (dont forget the modified 5th wheel) in the garden which is the second love of his life (the first being Keenes Mistress)
he would truly love to hear from you so I am happy to give you his number if you wish!
i would just like to thank you all for the wonderful childhood I had with you guys and the adventures i had! not many kids could say they had travelled to all the countries dad took me too and had the opportunity to see life as it really was back then, or that they had to hide ■■■■ in certain places customs men wouldn’t dare to go !!! or that they were off their face at 11!!!
love
Dolly!

Hi Dolly
Great to hear that both John and Heather are well with 46 years of bliss to remind them, I have a recollection of John going to Spain to live and work, perhaps my memory fails me. I can also recall many of the stories John used to come home with, he ought to be able to demand good money as an after dinner speaker. I can only reiterate something I said sometime back. radclive only survived as long as it did by the hard work and ingenuity of their drivers and workshop staff, a better bunch you could always rely on. Please pass my regards on to all, and my contact details are raymond.phillips@telford.gov.uk

All the very best

Ray

Hi Bobbydog,

i will pass on your details as i am sure the ol man would love to hear from you! might be a while before he repies as computers in no way resemble an engine and therefore do not exist in JSK world!! however, the long suffering heather has masterd email so will, as always, offer secretarial support

Bobbydog:
Hi Dolly
Great to hear that both John and Heather are well with 46 years of bliss to remind them, I have a recollection of John going to Spain to live and work, perhaps my memory fails me. I can also recall many of the stories John used to come home with, he ought to be able to demand good money as an after dinner speaker. I can only reiterate something I said sometime back. radclive only survived as long as it did by the hard work and ingenuity of their drivers and workshop staff, a better bunch you could always rely on. Please pass my regards on to all, and my contact details are raymond.phillips@telford.gov.uk

All the very best

Ray

hi, every one this is deegee… just reading the bits about radclive … good days … you dont smoke charley… comes to mind, so how is every body ■■ all well are we?? much better now gethins the other side of the world ■■? keep all the tales coming in … great… deegee.

Nice to see you on here as well Mr Goddard, at least being over here I don’t have to put up with all that second hand smoke!!!

good evening, chazzer, is that your american name■■? whatever… so have you settled in seattle, or have you seattled in settled ■■? cant remember which way round you are , then i never did… spoke to ray by e mail, nice to be in touch again, now i have give up smoking and drinking ,i get very lonley nights. if was’nt for my two new friends,martela and shirley embassy, i dont know what i would do with myself, turn to religion i suppose,then he turned every thing into wine … i think he had a bigger problem than me…speak soon…

Deegee, I’ve sent you a PM

Charlie

Hi all
I was one of the young lads 15 at the time when you used to bring all the trees back into Tuckers,we used to unload it all ,take us most of the day,I can remeber the xmas parties that Martin used to lay on up at the nursery,big alex,mick shirley,etc,and we’d get a turkey for xmas gift,if we wernt outside sleeping it off having too many fire waters, i rember waking up outside at 4 in morning and having to walk home,(never did get my turkey).
I ended up getting a class 1 and even worked with alex at elm farm daries ,must of been late 80s or early 90s,he used to run the transport,
Love reading about all the old times keep em comming