Racing Transporters

Looks like has a couple for sale

usedtrucks.commercialmotor.com/a … Ok-zSpYCSN

These same trailers at the builders Westbury.

gazzer:
These same trailers at the builders Westbury.

Which company is building them?

Looks like a bit of power in these

stock-cars-1.jpg

I never noticed the name of the builders meckles.

Pompey docks a few years ago,

gazzer:
Pompey docks a few years ago,

Some interesting pics

How do they get the boats off the trailers ?

Legend_Scania: In picture 2 you can see the hydraulic system that lowers the boat down to level, then there is a sliding frame that “reverses” the boat off, either into the water or onto another submersible device…you wouldn’t want to put your trailer into the salt water now would you?

See how now some interesting load it is and BA to the salt water…

Anyone got any Le Mans trucks ?

Legend_Scania:
Anyone got any Le Mans trucks ?

Not sure what the difference would be from other transporters, but if you look at page 2, put several pictures of the Le Mans Series tractor units lined up at Spa plus a couple with the trailers.
We have to remove the Units from the trailers at certain circuits including Le Mans due to space restrictions.

Mercedes AMG mp4 DTM team anyone got any pics of there trucks ?

Cheers

Lotus transporter having a bit of fun.

This is mine, still waiting to be stickered up which will be happening in a month or so, and I’ve got to wrap the tractor unit

Bit of tyre testing earlier this year.

Bit of a thread resurrection, but I thought I add a few of the trucks I’ve been driving or seen about in the last couple of years.

Which ones yours muckles?

Must be me being sad but i always try and work out where you are by your posts. (im not a stalker honest).

We must of been at the same events at certain times of the year.

Concretejim:
Which ones yours muckles?

Must be me being sad but i always try and work out where you are by your posts. (im not a stalker honest).

We must of been at the same events at certain times of the year.

To be honest they’re all mine, :laughing: I was doing a bit of freelance work, so got on a variety of jobs, looks like I’ll be doing an Aston Martin PR job next year if things pan out, bit of time away from racing, although the bosses of the company have a few of their own historic cars they take racing now and then, so might get to the odd race meeting, if it doesn’t pan out its back to freelancing, seems to be a shortage of people who are willing to the job and have experience in motorsport and handling valuable and low clearance cars.

A few more, I drove the Scania down to Guadix, Spain, it’s a 54 plate goes pretty well and the cab is still in quite good shape, but I did miss having a decent retarder and despite how much rose tinted specs some may have, many things in modern trucks are far better than yesteryear.
I helped the team to find it about 3 years ago when they had to get rid of their old FH, they only wanted to spend £10,000, pleased to say its hasn’t given them any major problems.

A recent creation, a lovely 1948 Foden/Plaxton former Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society coach, very tastefully restored and converted to carry the cars of the Sub-Zero Racing Team including this gorgeous Corvette and a Mustang.

sz2.jpg

sz1.jpg

Gretna Services May this year.
Oily