R.I.P SAVIEM

A measure of Saviem’s popularity can be gathered from the huge number of fans on here that don’t post often, but have risen to pay their respects.
Like many on here, I never met him but was impressed by his knowledge and down to earth true honest comments.
We’re all heading for that truck park up there, save me a place mate!
Rest in Peace.

Sad news of one of the very best and comphrehensive contributors to this site who bought such a wealth of knowledge.
John sounded in his posts that he was one of lifes true gentlemen , may you rest in peace sir and our sincere condolences to those you have left behind.

Top geezer , such a sad loss.

RIP Saviem, rest well

tony

RIP Saviem, such a tragic and sad loss.
My deepest sympathy to your family.
Rest in peace John Goodreid.

No… I never shared a brew or trailer box Camino stew with Saviem, but respected his knowledge and trucking expertise, and always read his posts on here. Always the voice of reason, backed up with personal knowledge and experience.

RIP, Saviem,

Well, “Your ticket and your suitcase, thunder rolling down the track, you don’t know where you’re going, but you know you won’t be back, but big wheels roll through fields where sunlight streams…meet us in in the land of hope and dreams”
BS.

Mick B

What a tragic loss
RIP John

RIP his were probably the most intresting and knowledgeable posts I have ever read on trucknet.

Rest in peace, Saviem!

A very sad loss , RIP, Trevor.

I’m truly saddened to read this thread, Great knowledge and words of wisdom from John, RIP…

I did have the pleasure of meeting John, pre-TN, when he and I were fellow owners of Atkinson “View-Line” tractor units.

Later, we corresponded often via TN, and I can only echo the sentiments expressed by so many: RIP John.

Here are his two preserved Atkis, back in the day:

flickr.com/photos/jfg1949/1 … d8E-f5BrSn

flickr.com/photos/8012297■■ … gdK-5W2kWn

A sad loss RIP John

Ang

Such amazing knowledge of Lorries/Road Haulage & the people involved in it, both UK & European. His enthusiasm was overwhelming, never critical or sinical, frequently amusing, he wrote with such authority I found his posts fascinating, a man I would love to have met & had a drink with. RIP Saviem, this Forum will not be the same without you. Regards Chris.

So sad to learn of Saviem’s passing.
We will all miss his posts which were entertaing and informative
R.I.P.

So sorry to read this news , having been at our “other” home in a Spanish mountain village this is the first I have read of this on the ferry back to UK ,my condolences go to John,s family.

John’s Funeral is on Wednesday 12th October at 11 am, on behalf of John’s family I would like to thank you all for the kind messages left on this thread, I will print them all off and give them to Norah and Anne-marie, Best Regards Pete

Nice gesture Pete.

Thanks Pete

Please see my last post above, I have edited it as I put the wrong date on :blush: It is Wednesday 12th October at 11am, Thank’s Pete

Sure I am not the only one who today at 11am stopped for a brief moment thinking of John aka Saviem taking his final journey, such a great loss to us all but well done for those keeping this thread going, this shows what high regard we all had for him, vast knowledge with in the transport world, open the gates as he is on his way up may he rest in eternal piece, Buzzer.