Queues At Dover & Calais

Mazzer2:
The introduction of the checks have now levelled the playing field with European exporters having to carry out the same procedures as UK exporters have be doing for the last year.

What??

UK sellers to Germany pays for red tape. French, Dutch, Italians, don`t.
Is that level? We are at a clear disadvantage. They can choose to go with cheaper, easier, suppliers.

UK buyers now get to pay more because of red tape. We can now pay extra for admin from all EU countries…

Levelled up? Marvellous. :smiley:

Monkey241:
More to the point … what were EU directives/regulations/marks of conformity?

Were they not red tape? With huge attached costs?

Or are we back to being deliberately dishonest again,

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

How many of those have gone?
How many are scheduled to go?
How many were safety standards?
How many were invented by…scchhh…you know who…
But all the real (not imaginary ones) are the same for everyone.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
The introduction of the checks have now levelled the playing field with European exporters having to carry out the same procedures as UK exporters have be doing for the last year.

What??

UK sellers to Germany pays for red tape. French, Dutch, Italians, don`t.
Is that level? We are at a clear disadvantage. They can choose to go with cheaper, easier, suppliers.

UK buyers now get to pay more because of red tape. We can now pay extra for admin from all EU countries…

Levelled up? Marvellous. :smiley:

Yet again do you ever read what is written it has leveled up on imports from the EU to the UK who for the last year have had an unfair advantage when exporting to UK that has now gone so yes if they wish they can stop exporting to the UK that is their choice bit I doubt they will just like we are still exporting to the EU

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
The new GMR numbers are part of the Brexit deal so are not solely UK red tape but what both sides have agreed

Yes.
Red Tape due to Brexit. Which takes time and money to administer.
As drivers we may not be delayed when it goes smoothly, but it still takes someone time, and costs the end client.

The introduction of the GMR number has just levelled the playing field you were complaining last year that the UK hadn’t introduced checks and now it has you’re complaining again.

Am I complaining about red tape?
Yes I am!
I dont see why we should have to pay for it on our imports. I dont see how extra expense can help exports.

We are NO longer level with other EU countries…they are all level regards customs, someone pays every time we import or export.

A bit off thread maybe but are the queues for cars lengthy or non existant at Dover? I only ask because I believe car passengers cannot transit France to Spain or back without a good specific reason.I was going to fly to Alicante this weekend to bring my spanish car back to the UK but I am not allowed to transit France.The reason for my trip is that my 2017 Mondeo has been broken down 3 weeks waiting for a gear selection cable which will,according to the stores,"be here when it’s here."As it happens a VW owner has also been told that the parts for his clutch should be available by March.

Gidders:
A bit off thread maybe but are the queues for cars lengthy or non existant at Dover? I only ask because I believe car passengers cannot transit France to Spain or back without a good specific reason.I was going to fly to Alicante this weekend to bring my spanish car back to the UK but I am not allowed to transit France.The reason for my trip is that my 2017 Mondeo has been broken down 3 weeks waiting for a gear selection cable which will,according to the stores,"be here when it’s here."As it happens a VW owner has also been told that the parts for his clutch should be available by March.

Didn’t see hardly any cars in Dover yesterday even when there are queues the cars go straight into the port did see a sign next to the car lanes stating that proof of a negative test was required to travel and freight drivers were not asked to show proof of either vaccination or negative tests, obviously don’t know about coming the other way as yet to do that

yourhavingalarf:

whisperingsmith:
are reports of delays up to 4 days and lengthy Queues at Dover & Calais correct ■■

I’m confident…

That if that were true, I’d be reading about it somewhere in internet land/MSM.

Here You Go - Starting with the Ultra Right Wing Brexit Supporting GB News:

GB News:- Lorry drivers facing four day wait at Calais as ‘terrible’ Brexit red tape causes chaos

Reuters:- High number of trucks being stopped on UK-EU border, DFDS says
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/high-number-trucks-being-stopped-uk-eu-border-dfds-says-2021-01-08/

Independant:- Lorries stuck at checkpoints for four days due to ‘terrible’ new Brexit red tape
Exclusive: Logistics firm told HMRC is ‘too busy’ to deal with trucks stuck in customs controls

Guardian- Truck drivers tell of long delays for checks at the Eurotunnel as trade barrier goes up between UK and EU

BBC- Were there hold-ups in first week after Brexit?

SKY News:- Brexit: Michael Gove warns of ‘significant disruption’ at border as effects of trade change begin to be felt
A freight firm warns drivers that vehicles are being held up or turned away from Dover in Kent and Calais and Dunkirk in France.

That’s just a sample from the MSM

well i should have a had a vehicle in yesterday to load for Vaux le penil near Paris , he’s now coming on monday, and another 1 for germany was due in yesterday but was held at calais all day and is now due in to load pm today or tomorrow , so the new import regime is certainly having an effect.

Any queues at the ports don`t show all the delays.
Loads with paperwork issues will either not go onto a trailer, or may end up dropped at a yard somewhere.
Last year we had a TNUK poster report half a day lost because of Brexit paper work.

“Tuesday morning sees the first problem of the trip, the back load is for Dublin but we are unable to get a ferry direct to Ireland due to them all being fully booked so I have to go via the UK. As it is short notice for the T forms they will not load me until lunch time, once the customs process has started. At 1 o’clock they have the customs paperwork started so begin loading, it takes about an hour to load 22 pallets of frozen bread, once sealed it’s round to the Zollamt 3km away to collect the T forms and have the seal checked 30 minutes in there and I’m away.”
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … y#p2792298

Before Brexit those docs were unnecessary, so that is purely Brexit issues. In the autumn so not teething troubles.

whisperingsmith:
Here You Go - Starting with the Ultra Right Wing Brexit Supporting GB News:

I’m not…

Getting into quoting quotes, suffice to say, I followed the first link you posted to GB News, it’s first line say’s ‘A number of lorries’ that could be two lorries and that could be two hundred lorries. The article then goes on whinning like a small child that’s fallen over that there are delays.

Mazzer2 has posted of his recent crossing experience and it doesn’t seem any different to when I was doing it all those years ago with 3 pedals.

I’ve looked at Google Maps traffic on both sides of the English channel and there’s a wee blob of red at Calais (not even as far as the supermarket) and no red at all at Eurotunnel or Dover.

Franglais:
Loads with paperwork issues will either not go onto a trailer, or may end up dropped at a yard somewhere.
Last year we had a TNUK poster report half a day lost because of Brexit paper work.

“Tuesday morning sees the first problem of the trip, the back load is for Dublin but we are unable to get a ferry direct to Ireland due to them all being fully booked so I have to go via the UK. As it is short notice for the T forms they will not load me until lunch time, once the customs process has started. At 1 o’clock they have the customs paperwork started so begin loading, it takes about an hour to load 22 pallets of frozen bread, once sealed it’s round to the Zollamt 3km away to collect the T forms and have the seal checked 30 minutes in there and I’m away.”

Before Brexit those docs were unnecessary, so that is purely Brexit issues. In the autumn so not teething troubles.

If we had known earlier that we couldn’t have got a direct fery then we would have had the customs paperwork done earlier for going through the UK so in reality a one off previous loads form there to the UK/Ireland had loaded with no problems or delays since Jan 2021 as they prepare the T forms a day in advance, I clearly state in the piece that this was due to the short notice requirement for transit forms yet again you have a problem reading what is written.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

If we had known earlier that we couldn’t have got a direct fery then we would have had the customs paperwork done earlier for going through the UK so in reality a one off previous loads form there to the UK/Ireland had loaded with no problems or delays since Jan 2021 as they prepare the T forms a day in advance, I clearly state in the piece that this was due to the short notice requirement for transit forms yet again you have a problem reading what is written.

Yes. you clearly state the background, and I provided a link to the full story, and quoted the full paragraph.
Unusual, maybe.

But:
With Brexit this can, and sometimes does occur.
Without Brexit this would never occur.

The half day lost is quite simply due to Brexit.

Dance around the ifs, buts, and maybes, as you will, Brexit caused your delay.

I’m not denying the cause of the delay but it was not as bad as you’re making out and was a one off, problem arose at 09.00 UK time and was solved by 12.00 UK time in the scheme of things 3 hours loss over a journey from Memmingem to Dublin is pretty irrelevant,

Approximately 30 km of truck queuing to get to Calais yesterday. We are receiving loads from EE which are days late.

There were not 30km of queues in Calais yesterday,more like 300meters,I crossed on Eurotunnel this morning in 2 hrs,the problems in Dover are that it has not been big enough for years,and is badly run,they can’t cope and they can’t expand as Calais have just done

Looking Good Then

Here are the new rules, helpfully provided by P&O, for trucks importing into The UK from The European Single Market.
Thank god we managed to free ourselves from all that ■■■■■■■■■■ EU red tape.

Darkside:
. We are receiving loads from EE which are days late.

We receive loads from Leeds that are weeks late.

nogin:
There were not 30km of queues in Calais yesterday,more like 300meters,

But, but, but some lunatic on the internet says that can’t be so, even though you do it every day.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Yes. you clearly state the background, and I provided a link to the full story, and quoted the full paragraph.
Unusual, maybe.

But:
With Brexit this can, and sometimes does occur.
Without Brexit this would never occur.

The half day lost is quite simply due to Brexit.

Dance around the ifs, buts, and maybes, as you will, Brexit caused your delay.

New systems…

Any ideas what they tend to do?

Everytime there’s a change in Brexit we’re promised doom.

Doom appears to last weeks and disappear. I always thought Doom would be a little more permanent.

Perhaps people adapt and learn - like Brixham did?

You don’t like red tape and paying for it in the cost of imports. Every manufactured item has the cost of red tape built in… even EU produced items.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:
Doom appears to last weeks and disappear. I always thought Doom would be a little more permanent.

Perhaps people adapt and learn - like Brixham did?

Brixham is not a good example of adaption.
Yes one Fish merchant & the Auction house have benefited - this has not trickled down to the fisherman or anyone else.

In fact, Brixham’s Auction House gain is reflected in a Nationwide loss for other Merchants from Yorkshire down to Cornwall