question

Do a search as this was covered before more than once.

The TC is not fining you twice, they are not even fining you once.

They have the power to revoke a vocational licence, an operators licence or make changes to either. It’s exactly the same thing with a drink conviction, they can extend the ban on your vocational licence until you can prove you are not a danger to others

OK, could it be argued that the TC is responsible for the manner in which the holder of an upgraded licence uses it :question: :question:
I’m thinking that if I was to drive in a reckless manner in my car and get done by the legal system, the advanced driving organisation I belong to would most likely cancel my membership as well.
Is that not the same thing as being done twice as I have driven my car in a manner which is not condusive with the ethos of the organisation or, in the case of LGV, not within the ethos of being allowed to hold an upgraded licence. :question: :question:

Great response from you all.Your answers have been passed on to my mate who along with myself thanks you all for the info and for taking the time to answer.

Thanks Again Dave.

No handsfree? NO EXCUSES!

Zero tolerence. Blue tooth earpeice fron Argos £10. Bargain.

dafdave:
Great response from you all.Your answers have been passed on to my mate who along with myself thanks you all for the info and for taking the time to answer.

Thanks Again Dave.

I thought ROG gave the best analogy;

ROG:
interesting point about this double whammy thing…
If you punch someone at work, you get done by the courts AND you lose your job - is that being punished twice as well :question: :question:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

MR VAIN:
Blue tooth earpeice fron Argos £10. Bargain.

Looking like a banker… priceless! :wink:

Sorry Mr V. I couldn’t resist!

Alex

Not a fan of earpieces my self, i do use a hard wired kit when in my lorry. earpiece the rest of time.

it isn’t right. it doesn’t matter how they dress it up. It’s still double jeopody. When we get caught breaking the rules we should answer to the crime at a court or the Tc but not both. We are not in the armed forces. We are civilians. :imp: :imp: :imp:

It could be looked at in this way -
The Licence is in 2 parts - there is the BASIC licence ‘B’ and the UPGRADED licence, lets say, for example, ‘C’.
The LEGAL offence is directed at the BASIC licence not the UPGRADE.
The UPGRADE is therefore dealt with on it’s own merits and in doing so, the TC must determine whether the LEGAL offence could have implications on that upgrade in relation to the possible EXTRA impact that could result in.
For example - not being in full control of a car ‘B’ could potentially cause X amount of damage to others but not being in full control of ‘C’ would potentially have a greater impact.

The only other way that this COULD work is if the LEGAL side could take fully into account the type of vehicle being driven and award points & fines accordingly. This could mean that speeding in a car would get 3 points & £60 whereas the same offence if driving a truck could mean, lets say, 6 points and £120 because it would take into account the POSSIBLILITY of a greater danger to others.

comments please…

Scarab:

MR VAIN:
Blue tooth earpeice fron Argos £10. Bargain.

Looking like a banker… priceless! :wink:

Sorry Mr V. I couldn’t resist!

PMSL, :laughing: :laughing: and thats not a dig at you Mr Vain,just Lorry drivers with Bluetooth headsets in general.

They look really good…no really they do :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

I know Bm. I won’t take offence as long as you don’t when i pee on yr guy ropes at truckfest! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just a point fom the very first post.
If you are a union member and are unlucky enough to pick up a ticket for speeding or any other offence, it is essential to contact them BEFORE paying any fine etc.
After you have paid they will not be able to help you.

Although in my experience if they refer you to a solicitor he will almost invariably adise you to plead guilty and pay the fixed penalty anyway.

MR VAIN:
I know Bm. I won’t take offence as long as you don’t when i pee on yr guy ropes at truckfest! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My Entourage & Security wont let you get within 200yds son. :laughing: :laughing:

That was a joke by the way,I havent really got security or an entourage,in fact I have no friends whatsoever and everybody hates me so you can do what you want.I DESERVE IT !!! :laughing:

ROG:
The Licence is in 2 parts - there is the BASIC licence ‘B’ and the UPGRADED licence, lets say, for example, ‘C’.
The UPGRADE is therefore dealt with on it’s own merits and in doing so, the TC must determine whether the LEGAL offence could have implications on that upgrade in relation to the possible EXTRA impact that could result in.
For example - not being in full control of a car ‘B’ could potentially cause X amount of damage to others but not being in full control of ‘C’ would potentially have a greater impact.

The only other way that this COULD work is if the LEGAL side could take fully into account the type of vehicle being driven and award points & fines accordingly. This could mean that speeding in a car would get 3 points & £60 whereas the same offence if driving a truck could mean, lets say, 6 points and £120 because it would take into account the POSSIBLILITY of a greater danger to others.

comments please…

Thats not true tho Rog.

Yeah if you get caught using a mobile phone and get offered a fixed penality by the police at their discresion its 3 points and a £60 fine driving any vehicle.

But if it goes to court its up to a £1000 fine for a motorist and upto £2500 fine for someone driving a HGV or PCV so the legal side does take into account what vehicle you are driving.

In court cases not gonna get more harshly treated if your commiting an offence in an HGV than driving a company car.

Kenny1975:

ROG:

comments please…

Thats not true tho Rog.

Yeah if you get caught using a mobile phone and get offered a fixed penality by the police at their discresion its 3 points and a £60 fine driving any vehicle.

But if it goes to court its up to a £1000 fine for a motorist and upto £2500 fine for someone driving a HGV or PCV so the legal side does take into account what vehicle you are driving.

In court cases not gonna get more harshly treated if your commiting an offence in an HGV than driving a company car.

I was always under the impression that it was a higher fine and points if caught whilst driving an HGV :confused: even if it did’nt go to court.

I always thought it was 6 points for HGV with the same £60 fine