Question Re: Accident

Happy Keith:
Good going, Melchie …here’s to at least another 13 years before another…

:laughing: Thanks, just a bit worried about the “they always come in 3’s” thing.
Pretty annoyed with meself to be honest, not paying proper attention… was 100% my fault & should never have happened. Thankfully it was only very minor.

Just as a side issue…
I’m working for this place through an agency, been there around 6 weeks now & I was surprised how well they took it. I was expecting the usual “bloody agency drivers blah blah blah” & an end to me going there. All I got was “these things happen mate, don’t worry about it. Oh, we need you all next week”

How many of you have lost a regular job, through agency, for a minor accident, damage etc?

Greg:
However a quick call to the local police means that he has reported the accident and given his details full stop, He doesn’t have to see the police merely report it over the phone

Think about it the other way around. How could Melchett prove that he had given his details■■? as he would have too if it went to court.

2 minute phone call or day in court?, even if when you phone up there not intrested you can then prove you have tried to report it

Actually you can’t.

If you do not exchange those details at the scene, you must report the accident at a police station or to a police officer as soon as you can and in any case within 24 hours.

bigsib:
Our “bump cards” has a part for the other party to sign to say theyve recived our details

Waste of time , not a legal requirement . I wouldn’t sign it.

Wheel Nut:

Greg:
However a quick call to the local police means that he has reported the accident and given his details full stop, He doesn’t have to see the police merely report it over the phone

Think about it the other way around. How could Melchett prove that he had given his details■■? as he would have too if it went to court.

2 minute phone call or day in court?, even if when you phone up there not intrested you can then prove you have tried to report it

Actually you can’t.

If you do not exchange those details at the scene, you must report the accident at a police station or to a police officer as soon as you can and in any case within 24 hours.

The big thing there though wheelnut is if you have not exchanged details, All i am saying is if he has given his details to the other party, as he states he has, then a quick phone call to the local police to stating that this has happened, thereby protecting himself for any allegations should the car driver decide to be funny abut the whole thing.

paul@midway:

bigsib:
Our “bump cards” has a part for the other party to sign to say theyve recived our details

Waste of time , not a legal requirement . I wouldn’t sign it.

Fair point , though a big 'X 'can be ‘your mark’, which is what I’d consider if the circumstances dictated and/or the herbert was stroppy/guilty, etc

Meanwhile, it’s possibly only an audit tool for the office dollies but it could save them ringing you at ‘God-o-clock’ when you’re kipping off nights…