Question from a car driver (long)

Nope. I’m a professional driver. :sunglasses:

Brgds

Speedy

And I’m the Queen Mum Speedy,are you havig a laugh?

Dead easy he was a (zb), otherwise why was he up the arse of another vehicle who it seems was sticking to the rules, never a police car when you need one.

As for the driver of T7 KAM Mr Kammac is about to get an email off me :imp:

language edit mrs mix :wink:

Speedy:
…snip… He may have just had a call that his wife was in ICU after an RTA and was rushing to get there. You just don’t know. -zb- happens…snip…

And was keen to get into the next bed !!!

Sheeesh.

Speedy,
If your post was serious, then Im afraid youre letting the side down. Yes, you should let faster vehicles pass you, but only if they are within the speed limit, not trying to run you off the road as the clown following Arwen was. Do you seriously believe that doing 56mph on a dark country road is driving professionally? If you do, then maybe you should re-consider your vocation in life. The moron following Arwen went a long way to proving that HGVs are only of menace value on the road. Sorry if you think I`m having a dig, but I believe the Highway Code also says that you should show consideration to other road users
Best Regards
Trev

I have to say that any driver who tailgates is plain crazy. All it takes is for the car or whatever in front to stop sudenly and apart from maybe killing or seriously injuring the occupants of the vehicle in front and getting a severe penalty, it just shows stupidity.

I learned my lesson when i first started driving in the 70’s and thought because I had an HGV licence I knew it all, then one day I was tailgating a man driving slower than i wanted to go, I glanced in the mirror for a second and when I looked back the guy was stopping, I hit him almost killing him and got a dangerous driving endorsement (my only ever offence).

I have never tailgated anyone since that day, I was young and stupid. No matter how much of a hurry you are in it isn’t worth loosing everything to get somewhere on time.

Well he was Mrs Mix :laughing: :laughing:

Trevor, not at all. Doing that speed doing a dark, windy, country lane in a wagon is ridiculous, I don’t deny that. But as said in an early paragraph, if the car driver didn’t like it then why didn’t he pull over sooner to let the clown get off his back?

I’m sorry, but I see things from both people’s perspectives. Let’s see, you’re a car driver with a heavy right foot and you’re in a rush for some reason and there’s a car in front of you that wants to do 10mph less than you. You might be a local, travel the road every night and know it like you’re own back garden, you know the hazard areas and the blind spots etc. So this car is holding you up. You want to be past. He won’t let you and religiously sticks to the speed limits even though there’s no-one about and it’s 3am in the morning. So what do you do? You can’t get past and the driver in front decides it’s his job to enforce the speed limit for you and won’t think “ah, this is long, windy road, I want to do xmph and this driver behind wants to go faster so I’ll be considerate and pull over at the soonest opportunity and let him go past” so he holds you up. You get aggitated and try to persuade him to get his foot down by get 5ft closer to his bumper. Need I say more?

Car driver… van drivers… wagon drivers. They’re all DRIVERS and all have their own agendas.

Just let faster vehicles past. You’re happy because they’re off your arse and they’re happy because you’ve been courteous to allow them pass.

It’s not rocket science. However, to return to the tailgating part of it, no it’s not on for anyone to do it that extent, I agree.

Brgds

Speedy

Sorry Speedy, misinterpreted your post matey. Yes I do agree that you should let faster vehicles past, as Im sure you do yourself. Just thought (obviously same as you), that the driver behind could have handled it differently, as could Arwen. Didnt want an argument, life`s too short
:blush:
Best Regards
Trev :slight_smile:

scania king kev:
JJ72, let me point out one thing that gets brought up here all the time, IRISH drivers][/b]
whoa whoa you’re going to get a bad back with the size of that chip on your shoulder mate - WHO mentioned nationality? certainly not me

when i say old skool i mean old skool, can u not comprehend that■■?
i took it that you were glorifying that type of moron, if i misunderstood then i apologise

when i say both sides of the story, unless you dont tramp all week and see your wife or in my case wife to be, or if u prefer the bunk in the lorry to your own bed then i dont expect you to see both sides here.
still cannot agree with the actions - i’ve been on trips which were longer than HP agreements you might have taken out :wink: , it’s still wrong - my missus would rather have me home later than in a pine box or banged up for causing someone else’s death by my stupid actions

[/quote]

[quote="jj72
i’ve been on trips which were longer than HP agreements you might have taken out
[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Some lorry drivers even do it to other lorry drivers Arwen. I hate them that do it they make me bloody tired, and the sooner they get caught and banned the better. Tailgaters whether in cars or lorries are selfish ■■■■■■■■ and thats an end of it, taking out your personal frustrations on another is just about what knackers this life up, and I aint got no time for any of them :imp:

Mal.

Speedy, I am not bothered if it ruffles your feathers or not, I think only a prat would write what you have written here on this subject.

There is no excuse for tailgating.

Speed limits are speed limits whether it is morning noon or the middle of the night and no-one has the right to try and intimidate someone who is sticking to the limit. In my opinion any driver who tries to justify such actions are no better than the driver who was tailgating.