Queen

robroy:

chrisdalott:

ERF-NGC-European:
I’m no royalist but when you see the consistent integrity of our late queen, you wonder how it is possible for so many politicians to have so little of it.

I was in the local pub when the news broke. I’ve been playing the piano in pubs for well over 50 years but never have I played the National Anthem. I went over to the piano and played it solemnly for the first and last time. It’ll be God save the King from now on. The pub fell quiet but no body stood. No body commented. Times have changed. I was born before the queen was enthroned so now I feel that I’ve seen her through her entire reign. RIP.

EDIT to say that I’ve just received some texts saying how much my rendition of The Queen was appreciated last night so all is not lost! :sunglasses:

consistant integrity, are you forgetting that very recently one of her family was accused of serious crimes and she chose to use her power and wealth, that she certainly didnt go out and work for, to shield him from facing justice?

you have a weird idea of what integrity means

That’s a fair point, but a basic way and law of nature is for a Mother to protect her young,.which supercedes anything else.
Not condoning it btw the guy is an annoying pompous [zb] (rhymes with ‘once’ but for some reason ain’t allowed on here :neutral_face: ) and he should have been brought down a peg or two., but he’ll continue to think he is fireproof.

Perhaps deep down she knew that things could have turned out very differently if Andy had been set up with Di, who he had been interested in and a more appropriate match as age obviously matters.
While pushing 30s Charly was supposedly interested in her older sister closer to his own age.

ERF-NGC-European:
I was in the local pub when the news broke. I’ve been playing the piano in pubs for well over 50 years but never have I played the National Anthem. I went over to the piano and played it solemnly for the first and last time. It’ll be God save the King from now on. The pub fell quiet but no body stood. No body commented. Times have changed. I was born before the queen was enthroned so now I feel that I’ve seen her through her entire reign. RIP.

EDIT to say that I’ve just received some texts saying how much my rendition of The Queen was appreciated last night so all is not lost! :sunglasses:

I think that is a generational thing. My great aunt was born in 1884. She was one of the even older generation of women for whom WW1 had wiped out all the men of marriageable age, and anyway she was entrusted with caring for my orphaned mother and brother. From the time I can remember her she was over 70 and Blind. She walked with difficulty with the aid of two sticks. She lived to be 98. If the National Anthem was played she would always struggle to her two feet to honour the Queen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well, they don’t make them like that anymore… what a lady… :sunglasses:

I see Andrew got a brief idea of what most people think of him during the procession yesterday. :open_mouth:
Maybe the timing and the occasion used to give an opinion wasn’t entirely appropriate, nor respectful to the Queen and the rest of her family, but there ya go.

youtu.be/niKzVnaoK5s

robroy:
I see Andrew got a brief idea of what most people think of him during the procession yesterday. :open_mouth:
Maybe the timing and the occasion used to give an opinion wasn’t entirely appropriate, nor respectful to the Queen and the rest of her family, but there ya go.

youtu.be/niKzVnaoK5s

You’ll notice most of what was said after “You’re a sick old man” was muted by broadcaster too. So it’ll be interesting to see the incident via footage captured in phones.

It was on the news that Andrew will be allowed to wear his Navy uniform on Mon, even though he’s suspended from normal Royal duties (for reasons we are all aware of,) .which would normally disqualify him from doing so apparentlly.
Prince Harry who has also stepped back from Royal duties will not be allowed to,.even though he has served in the Army, (Blues and Royals was it? .) …and who by coincidence his Aunt Princess Anne is the Colonel l in Chief I am told.

But the biggest joke is that absolute waste of time and skin Prince Edward (who couldn’t hack Royal Marine Commando training, despite his connections) parading around in a high ranking military uniform yesterday, he will also be dressed in full military uniform for the day : :laughing:
What will he choose this time?..Colonel in Chief of the SAS maybe? :unamused:
There are guys who get severe stick on you tube for fantasist ‘stolen valour’,.so how comes that clown gets away with it,.I would not have the bare faced cheek after his RM history.
It must offend ex servicemen to a point, it even offends me who has never served. :neutral_face:

To all us Republicans, Lucky Us !!
It looks like we are being well protected by the police at the moment.
It appears that if we publicly mention any negative thoughts about the Monarchy or Royal friends of Epstein, we can feel safe in the fact that we will be arrested for own safety.

!
opendemocracy.net/en/nhs-ca … k-holiday/

robroy:
It was on the news that Andrew will be allowed to wear his Navy uniform on Mon, even though he’s suspended from normal Royal duties (for reasons we are all aware of,) .which would normally disqualify him from doing so apparentlly.
Prince Harry who has also stepped back from Royal duties will not be allowed to,.even though he has served in the Army, (Blues and Royals was it? .) …and who by coincidence his Aunt Princess Anne is the Colonel l in Chief I am told.

But the biggest joke is that absolute waste of time and skin Prince Edward (who couldn’t hack Royal Marine Commando training, despite his connections) parading around in a high ranking military uniform yesterday, he will also be dressed in full military uniform for the day : :laughing:
There are guys who get severe stick on you tube for fantasist ‘stolen valour’,.so how comes that clown gets away with it,.I would not have the bare faced cheek after his RM history.
It must offend ex servicemen to a point, it even offends me who has never served. :neutral_face:

Spare us the hypocrisy.
Di was subjected to institutionalised grooming from around the age of 15.Which is probably why ironically Charly ended up marrying her not Andrew.
The late Queen was in correspondence with her future husband from the age of 13 and he was serving in the navy.
The Royals have a tradition of wearing whatever military uniform they want for ceremonial purposes no need to fly a fighter or a bomber or drive a tank.Although Andy did serve on the front line of the Falklands flying an unarmed target in the form of a helicopter and plenty of service personnel have been RTUd for failing Marines training.If it was easy it wouldn’t be an elite.
We’re all human good luck to Edward and Andy in respecting the memory of their Mum as they wish and on their own terms which she obviously didn’t say no to.

Carryfast:

robroy:

Spare us the hypocrisy.
Di was subjected to institutionalised grooming from around the age of 15.Which is probably why ironically Charly ended up marrying her not Andrew.
The late Queen was in correspondence with her future husband from the age of 13 and he was serving in the navy.
The Royals have a tradition of wearing whatever military uniform they want for ceremonial purposes no need to fly a fighter or a bomber or drive a tank.Although Andy did serve on the front line of the Falklands flying an unarmed target in the form of a helicopter and plenty of service personnel have been RTUd for failing Marines training.If it was easy it wouldn’t be an elite.
We’re all human good luck to Edward and Andy in respecting the memory of their Mum as they wish and on their own terms which she obviously didn’t say no to.

So how, where, and when exactly am I being a hypocrite in your world then? :neutral_face:
Do explain.

As for Edward and his choice of services ,.he doesn’t exactly come across as stereotype RM material,.and he certainly didn’t at that time, so why did he not choose a stint in the Royal Navy or RAF, or something pertaining to his talents in the Army (I’m sure he must have some) that was less physically demanding .
He went on as far as I recall in entertainment, drama production and theater that he also ■■■■ ed up for himself…anybody remember ‘‘Royal It’s a knockout’’ ? :open_mouth:
No?..maybe best forgotten anyway.

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:

Spare us the hypocrisy.

So how, where, and when exactly am I being a hypocrite in your world then? :neutral_face:
Do explain.

As for Edward and his choice of services ,.he doesn’t exactly come across as stereotype RM material,.and he certainly didn’t at that time, so why did he not choose a stint in the Royal Navy or RAF, or something pertaining to his talents in the Army (I’m sure he must have some) that was less physically demanding .
He went on as far as I recall in entertainment, drama production and theater that he also [zb] ed up for himself…anybody remember ‘‘Royal It’s a knockout’’ ? :open_mouth:
No?..maybe best forgotten anyway.

I was referring to the hypocrisy in general of the Andrew thing when it’s documented that he had a more appropriate interest in Di Spencer if age is so important but it’s obvious why and how Charly ended up with her instead.
While some say that Andy was piloting a helicopter over the burning Sir Galahad using the rotor wash to push inflatable life rafts away from the flames and smoke.
While Ed gave marine training a go.
What’s so wrong about that.
Bearing in mind the non issue of how and exactly when the late QE2 met Phil which these days would have caused legal uproar for the offending naval man and her sister Margeret’s liaison with Marlon Brando.
Who got off to put it politely with Jackie Collins when she was 15.It’s all part of life’s rich tapestry.Now let her rest in peace and respect all of her family for who and what they are warts and all which really ain’t so bad in the wider scheme of things.

^^^^^^
Ok fair enough,.I picked you up.wrong. :blush:

Wifey showed me something that came up on her feed.

David Beckham waited patiently with the commonor plebs for over 12 hours to pay his respects at HM’s coffin.
Whilst not a sports fan i’ve always had a deal of respect for Beckham, no jumping the queue for him like the usual celebs and politicians, he’s gone up even further in my estimation, good for you David.

Some arse was criticising him saying it was for publicity, as if DB needs any :unamused: , the arse got a good bollocking off my Mrs.

Juddian:
Wifey showed me something that came up on her feed.

David Beckham waited patiently with the commonor plebs for over 12 hours to pay his respects at HM’s coffin.
Whilst not a sports fan i’ve always had a deal of respect for Beckham, no jumping the queue for him like the usual celebs and politicians, he’s gone up even further in my estimation, good for you David.

Some arse was criticising him saying it was for publicity, as if DB needs any :unamused: , the arse got a good bollocking off my Mrs.

If DB was after publicity why was he dressed as such if you just glanced at him he looked like an ordinary well dressed man , not a multi million pound ex footballer

To be fair David Beckham isn’t the only celebrity to join the queue, Susana Reid, Sharon Osbourne and Tilda Swinton (whoever she is :confused: ) have been spotted queueing for hours to pay their respects.

However whilst Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield were seen in the queue they are believed to have used their positions to use a separate entrance for journalists

Beckham gets all the publicity but can we spare a moment to recognise the other celebrities who have not used their celebrity status to jump the queue

^^^^^^^
Good on Becks for queuing when he could quite easily have used influences to jump the queue, top man…I’ve always been a fan despite his Man Utd history. :smiley:

Schofield is the sort of bloke who hasn’t been punched enough in his life,. :imp:

As for Holly Willoughby, …she can do absolutely NO wrong for me. :laughing:

A nice touch today Charles and William out meeting the people in the queue…they didn’t have to.
Not a fan but credit where credit is due.

robroy:
^^^^^^^

A nice touch today Charles and William out meeting the people in the queue…they didn’t have to.

I took two of my cousin’s to Windsor yesterday to drop some flowers at the gates of the castle.Ed and Sophie came out to meet everyone there the same.
Then collected their younger brother and his two mates from London who’d queued from 1pm and got through at 2.30 am.

Some may say it’s a bit mad, but queuing for up to 24 hours ? :open_mouth:… that shows definite and absolute commitment,.especially as when they do get there they walk past the coffin in a few seconds.
I personally can not think of anything I would queue for more than 2 to 3 hours for, and that would be pushing it, but that’s just me.

Carryfast:

robroy:
^^^^^^^

I took two of my cousin’s to Windsor yesterday to drop some flowers at the gates of the castle.Ed and Sophie came out to meet everyone there the same.
Then collected their younger brother and his two mates from London who’d queued from 1pm and got through at 2.30 am.

What was he dressed up as this time ?..General,.Admiral, or Air Vice Marshall?
Sorry just couldn’t resist. :blush: :smiley:

I see that they are allowing Harry to wear military uniform tomorrow after all.
Quite right imo.

i'm in charge.PNG

Been wondering whether to post this, tbh i dunno what to make of it even though i am almost sure of who the geezer is, what i am sure of is that in times gone by if someone had poked the future King in the chest with a forefinger the reaction of royal protection guards would have been swift.