Quadrophenia

I missed out on all the Mods and Skins stuff etc. It missed the market towns in Norfolk (as most fads did) everybody round here was into Heavy Metal and they only jackets most of the lads and girls wore were leather biker jackets or the cheap imitation one from the market. Although I remember one girl who was into Northern Soul and had a thing about Wigan Pier (Must be a long Pier to reach the sea from Wigan) but she was a refugee from the North.

the pier is still there muckles, she sounds like you had at least a bit of class in your town

They had a good Skin scene in Kings Lynn.

Being bought up near Hunstanton, Muckles, I well remember the Bikes & Scooters being about in the 60’s & the music scene was good in the 70’s in our area, plus in the 70’s we had Runton pavilion just a few miles away, (good times).
Northern Soul was alive & kicking in our area.

Don’t know much about the Northern Soul scene, but I do remember back in the late 70’s that West Runton Pavillion had some ■■■■ good Punk gigs going on, I went to several there, then enjoyed the all night beach parties afterwards.

there was still a good northern soul scene in hunstanton when i became a northern exile and moved there in 1980, i seem to remember a good scooter rally there in the summer of 80/81 with a good northern soul disco in the pier.
oh happy days

Don’t remember the scooter rally, biggus, but I do remember the Bubbles nite spot on top of the pier, I even worked there prior to a move along the prom. The northern soul DJ went by the CB handle of Big Bopper.

i was talking to the wife about it, it was’nt a rally they just turned up for the day and joined in a cb club do at the pier, but it were good i remember that
did you ever go to the weekly scrap at the ripper hall in docking

Biggusdickusgb
This thread is taking me back though, brogues, barathea jackets, crombie coats, etc, etc

Levi Staprest, Highrise Doc Martins, Parka Coats Harrington Jacket.
Two Tone Suits :stuck_out_tongue:

What about the little red handkerchief stapled to the white card in a Crombie pocket.

Coppered Scooter side cans and toolboxes and Desmond Decker,s “my ears are alight”

Memories

I remember everybody going on about Runton pavilion and then it closed down so I never went. I lived between Aylsham and North Walsham. I remember the token Punk, (I’m the only punk in the Village) and one or 2 others that were into different music, but mostly it was just Heavy Metal.

i was’nt going to mention the hanky, i could’nt remember if that was a local or national thing, so i was’nt going to embarrass myself :blush:

The hanky was a national thing. It was up in Scotland aswell :smiley:

I was never a skin tho’, not my scene at all.

No Crombie was complete without the red hanky :wink:

Hey biggusdickusgb did you ever go to the all nighters in the Wirrana Stadium (or whatever the hell it was called), we played at a couple of all nighters there, and I believe they also had all weekenders too. The scooterskin thet organised them I think was called Dave, can’t remember his last name tho’

when i moved to peterborough in 82, i had picked up a wife and the 1st of my 2 kids in hunstanton, so i had to slow down a bit, my brother went to a few at the wirrina when we first moved here but it was just about dying a death by then, mind you the whole scene was, it was getting a bit new romantic by then :frowning:

Going back to the film… where they ride over the hill into Brighton…it isn’t!!! It’s the A259 into Eastbourne :smiley:

Side topic I went to school with most of the Stranglers living near Guildford at the time.

Dave

shogun:
Side topic I went to school with most of the Stranglers living near Guildford at the time.

Dave

Good band, Always remember ‘Peaches’ as a good summer song back in '77, I wonder whatever happened to them.

they’re still going, they’ve got a summer tour and a winter tour of uk plus a european tour in between