PVM Solar ?.

welshboyinspain:
these days they’re not fitters more like IT technicians :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve found the opposite problem that they are fitters and not mechanics.

The six weekly checks are very important, much more than a tyre kicking excersise, I am a trained Mechanic / fitter, but most of my dutys are driving, , but when i’m available i still get my hands dirty.When you do these checks it gives you time to have a good look over the vehicle/trailer, i would say it is more important on trailers than the unit , as units have more sensors built into the vehicle so faults and brake wear etc show up so you can plan maintainace., but you can’t beat jacking up motors to check bearings, look for cracks, pipes and wires rubbing etc, It’s called preventitive maintenace. The other day had to do a check on the trailer before i left on monday, pulls myself out from under thinking ’ she’s ok’ when i spots a split in the air bag foot, changed it to save breaking down in France or Spain = money saved, Simples :smiley:

Barcelona_Karl:
The six weekly checks are very important, much more than a tyre kicking excersise, I am a trained Mechanic / fitter, but most of my dutys are driving, , but when i’m available i still get my hands dirty.When you do these checks it gives you time to have a good look over the vehicle/trailer, i would say it is more important on trailers than the unit , as units have more sensors built into the vehicle so faults and brake wear etc show up so you can plan maintainace., but you can’t beat jacking up motors to check bearings, look for cracks, pipes and wires rubbing etc, It’s called preventitive maintenace. The other day had to do a check on the trailer before i left on monday, pulls myself out from under thinking ’ she’s ok’ when i spots a split in the air bag foot, changed it to save breaking down in France or Spain = money saved, Simples :smiley:

I admire your integrity, it is sadly not the case with Imperial Commercials or others I have used.