Putting stickers over the in cab cameras

Yes ,good point,nobody in the company I work for uses mobile phones,or dvd players and so on because the cameras are there,so I dont like them but if they save lives,then you cant really argue because your lack of privacy isnt more important than preventing an accident.

_JD:
Does anyone know the reasons why employers fit cameras aiming at the driver? Please share

First thing comes to mind and spooks me about cameras, night shifts falling asleep. Is this one of the reasons behind?

It can be explained in one reason.
To be able to blame the driver for any accident.

Bit surprised anyone couldn’t comprehend that.

Sploom:
Yes ,good point,nobody in the company I work for uses mobile phones,or dvd players and so on because the cameras are there,so I dont like them but if they save lives,then you cant really argue because your lack of privacy isnt more important than preventing an accident.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And that’s THE ONLY thing that prevents them from doing it. :open_mouth:
Says a lot about driver quality does that.
As for accidents, maybe more proper policing would be more appropriate,.as for me I value my privacy,.there again I have a bit of self pride in me and my professionalism.

stu675:

_JD:
Does anyone know the reasons why employers fit cameras aiming at the driver? Please share

First thing comes to mind and spooks me about cameras, night shifts falling asleep. Is this one of the reasons behind?

Well I certainly do, but some people can be convinced of anything…
Drip drip propaganda = Swallow and regurgitate. :unamused:

stu675:

_JD:

So,you’re telling me your company will blame you for any accident even when the camera shows clearly what you are doing…
Can you give me some examples of when this has happened in the past.

robroy:

Sploom:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And that’s THE ONLY thing that prevents them from doing it. :open_mouth:
Says a lot about driver quality does that.
As for accidents, maybe more proper policing would be more appropriate,.as for me I value my privacy,.there again I have a bit of self pride in me and my professionalism.

No,but,it must be admitted,it is way more efficient than any other method.

Doesn’t everyone have a line beyond which they will not go, i’m beginning to wonder just what will it take for some to find it, the ability to say NO and mean it, there must come a point where even the most compliant (only term i can think of presently) person reaches a point their principles oreven pride in themsleves won’t allow them to go beyond.

Conor:

_JD:

When you’re overtaking lorries, especially ones that seem to be going slow for no reason or having trouble driving in a straight line have a look in the cab at the dashboard in front of the driver. The amount of drivers you’ll find watching films, Youtube videos or scrolling through Tiktok is shocking, especially on night trunking.

That is the reason in cab cameras exist because too many drivers constantly do stuff they should not whilst driving. And those often end up killing people by lack of concentration. And too many drivers have the mindset it won’t happen to me.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Exactly,so,in conclusion then
1.No driver likes a camera.
2.But they do prevent reckless behaviour.
3.They,ultimatley save lives.
4.They do it more efficiently than having traffic police on every street corner.
In reality,we are a trillion pound in debt.We cant afford to have all these extra traffic police.
I overtook a truck,just last night,he was weaving from side to side,when I got level with him,he was glued to his phone.This sort of thing needs to stop

So someone is placing stickers on the in cab camera.
Well that myth about about someone in an office watching us all day has been proved wrong…
As if that was the case surely as soon as the stickers went on there be on the phone to you complaining.

Sploom:
4.They do it more efficiently than having traffic police on every street corner.
In reality,we are a trillion pound in debt.We cant afford to have all these extra traffic police.
I overtook a truck,just last night,he was weaving from side to side,when I got level with him,he was glued to his phone.This sort of thing needs to stop

The conclusion is mate…
Frstly …Maybe I should not be posting as I’ve just come in,.a bit worse for wear, and I’m a bit ■■■■■■ off after the football result today…but.
It’s drivers like you who get right up my arse, you believe every positive spin they try and sell you on every thing that is negative, and you exacerbate it by going on to readily repeat everything they tell you.

It’s because of you and people like you, that the rest of us have to put up with sh like this.
Cameras are there only to catch you out and to blame you for whatever happens, …end of.and whatever reason otherwise they tell you is just untrue.and designed to deceive you.
If people like you were not in the job, it would be better for the rest of us who can see through all the b:/s attempted to be fed to us.

Juddian:
Doesn’t everyone have a line beyond which they will not go, i’m beginning to wonder just what will it take for some to find it, the ability to say NO and mean it, there must come a point where even the most compliant (only term i can think of presently) person reaches a point their principles oreven pride in themsleves won’t allow them to go beyond.

:wink:

It would appear not.
Just read the posts accepting, condoning and worse…justifying this stuff :open_mouth: .
I reckon that those of us who can see through it all for what it really is are in a minority.
Basically ‘‘they’’ have won,.and the rest of us are hung out to dry.

Who.could have predicted this 20.+ yrs ago eh, when most drivers were switched on,.and not so pathetically gullible as to how they apparentlly are now. :unamused:

Sploom:

Can prevent reckless behaviour, plenty of examples of people still on phone killing people.

Extra police won’t solve it , you have 10 patrol cars all dealing with a driver … driver 11 drives past on phone … what do you do get more police …

Why don’t you report the driver glued to his phone … after all camera are there too save lives and so are other road users.

Yes when I had a camera in the cab I stuck tape over it , that tape was taken off odd times when on holiday / used at the weekends , I just stuck another piece of tape over it

I think he was a subbie,and I dont have any proof.
I was always against in cab cameras,but if we come to the conclusion that they save lives,then that trumps everything else.
Also,if a member of the public reports you for doing something you shouldnt,you have the camera footage to prove you didnt do it

robroy:

Juddian:

:wink:

It would appear not.
Just read the posts accepting, condoning and worse…justifying this stuff :open_mouth: .
I reckon that those of us who can see through it all for what it really is are in a minority.
Basically ‘‘they’’ have won,.and the rest of us are hung out to dry.

Ok,I have a question for you,Robroy.
If you were working fir a company with incab cameras and you were falsley accused of something,would you call on the camera footage to prove your innocence?

Sploom:
If you were working fir a company with incab cameras and you were falsley accused of something,would you call on the camera footage to prove your innocence?

Falsely accused of what? Okay, let’s say our man was accused of hitting another vehicle and failing to stop for example. The company trawl through the in cab footage and find our erstwhile hero driving along in his Toon hi vis, hands at ten to two, focused 100% on the road ahead. In what way does that prove either his guilt or innocence? It just shows that at the time of the alleged criminal wrongdoing he wasn’t whacking off to X hamster at 50mph (the truck, not his hand).

Sploom:

Having ‘sparred’ with you on other subjects, you have proven beyond doubt that you are prone to being very easily brainwashed and totally gullible into believing anything you are told,.so what am I going to achieve here by arguing with you exactly ?

However in the spirit of the forum I’ll indulge you in your hypothetical question, that has obviously been put to you in the past by those who have succeeded in ‘selliing’ you this affront to driver professionalism.

As far as I’m aware nothing has changed in the legal process in this country of ‘Innnocent until proven guilty’ so the onus is on the accuser to do just that…prove me guilty, not for me to prove my innocence.
So if I was in fact totally innocent I’d be confident enough just to just sit back and wait for them to tell me that they were wrong after all,.safe in the knowledge that I had done absolutely nothing wrong.
So I’ll tell you what you should have told your latest ‘brainwasher’.
Stick your hypothesis and your positive spins right up your arse. :smiley:

Hope that answers your question. :wink:

Mobile phones, trackers, digi cards, in cab facing cameras, overkill with cctv. Next the implanted microchip, just like a dog. Big brother is watching you.

If these cameras are for the greater good and in the interests of road safety then fit them to all new vehicles including cars. Alternatively just continue to marginalise commercial drivers.