Pulling a foreign trailer

Thanks again everybody for your experience and helpful tips in " pulling a foreign trailer"

I will just crack on …

When I started work in Demark I was surprised to learn that Danish trucks do not have a number plate for the rear of the trailer.

They work on the principle that the trailer is registered (in whatever Country) and has it’s own number plate.

I thought that was a much better system than we use in the UK.

W

jimboy124:
Thanks again everybody for your experience and helpful tips in " pulling a foreign trailer"

I will just crack on …

Yep, don’t worry if you cannot find any online evidence to suggest that it is legal- I have looked all over the internet and nowhere can I find anything which says that it is legal for me to eat a cheese and pickle sandwich in my kitchen. :wink:

Harry Monk:

jimboy124:

I will just crack on …

Yep, don’t worry if you cannot find any online evidence to suggest that it is legal- I have looked all over the internet and nowhere can I find anything which says that it is legal for me to eat a cheese and pickle sandwich in my kitchen. :wink:

Where does the cheese come from, Britain or the Mainland because I am sure that would have a bearing on the legality of this? I’m assuming at this point the pickle is Branston but what about the bread British Country Loaf, French Bread, Vienna Roll?

And no buts, it’s got to be BUTTER!

Coffeeholic:
Where does the cheese come from, Britain or the Mainland ?

Now, if you had been paying attention during RobK’s geography lesson last week, you would know that Britain is the mainland. :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:
And no buts, it’s got to be BUTTER!

That’s another conundrum. English butter, Irish, Danish? Or what if was Channel Islands butter, that’s non EU so…

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

Now, if you had been paying attention during RobK’s geography lesson last week, you would know that Britain is the mainland. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

It is! They are over there on their bit and we are here on our bit. People talk about Great Britain being an island like it’s the size of IOM or IOW which is just ridiculous when it takes a full day to drive from one end to the other. So ya can bollox. Mainland UK is where we are for most of us.

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

It is! They are over there on their bit and we are here on our bit. People talk about Great Britain being an island like it’s the size of IOM or IOW which is just ridiculous when it takes a full day to drive from one end to the other. So ya can bollox. Mainland UK is where we are for most of us.

For the IOM, IOW, Shetland, Orkney, Anglesey and so on we are the mainland while for us the big bit over The Channel and the North Sea is the mainland.

Continental Europe, also referred to as mainland Europe or simply the Continent, is the continent of Europe, explicitly excluding European islands.
The most common definition of continental Europe excludes Cyprus, Iceland, Ireland, Malta and the United Kingdom and its dependencies. Most definitions of Continental Europe extend the boundaries of the continent to its standard boundaries, the Ural Mountains, Ural River, Caspian Sea, and Caucasus Mountains.

teacher-emoticon-black-board.gif

Not in my book. :smiling_imp:

The definition of an Island is a country surrounded by water, then Australia must be an island nation :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

Sorry Rob but we are an island, and not really that big, and Europe is the mainland.

Rob K:
People talk about Great Britain being an island like it’s the size of IOM or IOW which is just ridiculous when it takes a full day to drive from one end to the other.

Yeah, I had a car like that once. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
The definition of an Island is a country surrounded by water, then Australia must be an island nation :laughing: :laughing:

The worlds biggest Island is Greenland and it’s less than a third of the size of Australia. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: