Prostate problems

lancpudn:
Yes he did mention that there were pills to stop me going to the toilet frequently but I’m not able to empty my bladder fully. This bladder diary I’ve just completed will tell them more of the issue, My fluid intake doesn’t match my output by quite a margin so I’ll see what they say about it. I’m still taking Tamusolin pills which open the urethra to enable me to pee better.
It says on the bladder diary form to bring it with you to your next urology appointment which the consultant said would be in 12 months time !!! I need to ring them as I don’t want to post it.

12 months sounds along time , I’d be asking for 6 months , I’d be on phone to Sharon if I was suffering like you , abbi said just ring if you’ve a issue , I can understand with me extending the length of times between psa / mri tests , but not you
Poor

dozy:

lancpudn:
Yes he did mention that there were pills to stop me going to the toilet frequently but I’m not able to empty my bladder fully. This bladder diary I’ve just completed will tell them more of the issue, My fluid intake doesn’t match my output by quite a margin so I’ll see what they say about it. I’m still taking Tamusolin pills which open the urethra to enable me to pee better.
It says on the bladder diary form to bring it with you to your next urology appointment which the consultant said would be in 12 months time !!! I need to ring them as I don’t want to post it.

12 months sounds along time , I’d be asking for 6 months , I’d be on phone to Sharon if I was suffering like you , abbi said just ring if you’ve a issue , I can understand with me extending the length of times between psa / mri tests , but not you
Poor

Yeah I was a bit gob smacked when he said see you in 12 months, They just tell you to go to A+E if you’re having problems here, The thought of spending 7-8 hours in there isn’t something I’m keen on. You’re right about the communications up here though they’re terrible.

lancpudn:

dozy:

lancpudn:

Poor

Yeah I was a bit gob smacked when he said see you in 12 months, They just tell you to go to A+E if you’re having problems here, The thought of spending 7-8 hours in there isn’t something I’m keen on. You’re right about the communications up here though they’re terrible.

Our doctors will tell you to goto hospital ( a&e) if they’ve have no appointments avaliable , though I’ve never tried to book to see them over prostrate as I’d ring urology nurse , it seems a totally different way of working / treating prostrate issues where you are , to where I am
I’ve had lots of cancellations operation ( separate issue ) these last few years , though have pre- op interview today
Have just got next psa test next fri , mri still waiting on date ,
As I say I can understand why they say I’m no concern to them , but with you having ongoing issues , you would be of concern , they’d be trying to sort issues , I do believe down here they’d be trying to get to the bottom of what is the issue

dozy:

lancpudn:

dozy:

lancpudn:

Poor

Our doctors will tell you to goto hospital ( a&e) if they’ve have no appointments avaliable , though I’ve never tried to book to see them over prostrate as I’d ring urology nurse , it seems a totally different way of working / treating prostrate issues where you are , to where I am
I’ve had lots of cancellations operation ( separate issue ) these last few years , though have pre- op interview today
Have just got next psa test next fri , mri still waiting on date ,
As I say I can understand why they say I’m no concern to them , but with you having ongoing issues , you would be of concern , they’d be trying to sort issues , I do believe down here they’d be trying to get to the bottom of what is the issue

I sent an email to my GP four days ago with yet more ongoing issues since finishing radiotherapy & still waiting to hear from him, The receptionist said he wont take phone calls so just email him, What a joke. I’m having chronic bowel incontinence now, That month long radiotherapy session back in February hasn’t half messed up other body functions, It’s been one step forward & two steps back, I daren’t move more than 15 steps away from the toilet night & night at present.

Well my GP emailed me back after two weeks to tell me radiation damage to my bowels from radiotherapy is a known fact & can last many years after you’ve finished radio therapy…Deep joy nobody mentioned that to me at the time so I’m stuck with not venturing far from the toilet for years to come. :imp:
Still cant find out what the other PSA blood tests were, My doc says get in touch with my oncologist at Christies to address these bowel/nerve pain in both feet & the PSA test issues.
I did that & my oncologist says I need to speak to my GP about them !!! I give up. :imp:

Wonders never cease! Just got the results of the PSA blood test through the post I had last September :astonished:
I had a PSA reading of 0.16 in June & this one is 0.14. Really happy about that after spending months trying to find out what this latest test result was.

I have a bloods pink slip to get a PSA blood test at Bolton hospital this month but haven’t been yet.
Next appointment with Christies oncologist is in September but, it’s just a phone call appointment & my next hormone three monthly injection is in March. Still too many problems from the radiotherapy like constant nerve pain in both feet, Still up all night peeing & bowel incontinence which affects every thing you do.