Prostate problems

Started with problems pis sing had a blood test PSA results came back showing very high 28, then it was
going to have biopsy which showed something.
Then a month ago had a MRI scan, Next Thursday have to have a CT bone scan. Hopefully this will show
any problems.

For a healthy prostate it needs to be emptied on a regular basis…not heresay, medical fact…

bald bloke:
Got MRI and biopsy next week which is what I went through last year but then nothing was found.

Well been and done it results back in about a fortnight just as i start a 19 day holiday so hopefully nothing urgent needs sorting.

bald bloke:

bald bloke:
Got MRI and biopsy next week which is what I went through last year but then nothing was found.

Well been and done it results back in about a fortnight just as i start a 19 day holiday so hopefully nothing urgent needs sorting.

For the few of you who might be following this my results were all clear so good news, so I have an enlarged prostate and a high ish psa reading but nothing else thank god.

:smiley: good

syramax:
presently being treated for enlarged prostrate , 10 days into my medication and I’m still constantly looking for a quiet place to stop :frowning: not nice .

So why are they treating you ? I also have an enlarged prostate but was told to come back in 6 months for another psa test .

the treatment is to reduce the size of the prostrate , and help with problems in associated departments :blush: :frowning: . thankfully the “associated problem” is now ok :smiley:

syramax:
the treatment is to reduce the size of the prostrate , and help with problems in associated departments :blush: :frowning: . thankfully the “associated problem” is now ok :smiley:

I’ll see the quack and see what he has to say, I’m not keen on going through this every 6 months.

I’ve had the enlarged prostate jobby too.

Mine started one Xmas Eve when I peed the colour of red wine. :open_mouth:

I was diagnosed with haematuria, which they reckoned was due to enlarged prostate.

I was put on Finasteride for a year by the urologist, which did the trick.

It has to be said that (in my case) I didn’t suffer any pain from it whatsoever.

I always advise that men should have regular PSA tests, because although it’s not conclusive, it does give an indication and prompts some other test that can be done at that early stage.

:bulb: The one thing about this is that (unfortunately) men CANNOT ignore their prostate gland and hope for the best.

The trouble is I have a rising psa count which is an indicator of cancer but no other symptoms apart I need to dash to have a pee sometimes at short notice, now I’ve had 2 biopsies and 2 mri scans which have all shown up nothing but it’s still on my mind obviously, now had I not had a psa test done I’d be totally oblivious to it all so all I can say is if you’re not showing any symptoms seriously think if you really want a test .

I was basically sterile at age 29 from 4 years of driving 3500-4000km a week, constant prostatitis with everything that comes with it. Quit driving, first son was born a year later, although had been trying without a result for a couple of years by then. Second one soon followed.

Got back to driving a few years later and albeit was a much easier job, the numb pain while sitting returned. Got out of driving again a few months back, can’t really see it as something I could be doing until retirement healthwise. Sitting affects some more than others, unfortunately I fall into the “more” category.

Had blood tests as peeing a lot & doctor said at 59 it could be prostrate , tests came back with a psa of 8 , according to doctor it should be 3 , doctor got me down within hour for finger up bum check , found hard spot / raised & thinks I’ve had it for while , getting me appointment at hospital in next 2 weeks , head is everywhere , thinking the worst & worried sick about mrs on her own & daughter
I always thought I was the strong type but this has really knocked the stuffing out of me ,you can’t turn the clock back but wish I’d done something 2 years ago when all this started
Can only reiterate what others say , don’t wait / ignore symptoms & get it checked
Nb I’ve had nothing other than peeing a lot at times , others fine , no blood in pee etc so if your peeing a lot get it checked

I was sure doctor said i would be seen at hospital in next 2 weeks as deemed a urgent medical issue , letter today says consultation will be by phone and has to be done by the 14 th of this month , so baffled by this as I’d of thought the doctor would of passed all information onto consultant , can’t see what I can tell them the doctor hasn’t in his notes
Then 2 hrs later a phone call from doctors saying doctor needs to see me due to my test result , explained I’d already seen doctor & id been referred to hospital , no this test is showing a abnormal level of hemoglobene ,you need to speak to the doctor about diabetic
Bloody hell if it doesn’t rain it ■■■■■■ down , I’d always put the peeing a lot down to diabetis as it had come up on my Medical , high sugar level in pee , but a fasting test always came back clear , which is why I never thought of anything like prostrate .
Wish I’d never had cheap medical 2yrs ago when doc said are you diabetic , don’t know , no then , all done in mins , if I’d of had a proper medical at my doctors this all could of been picked up a lot earlier maybe
Diabetis can be treated but prostrate has me really worried , any medical issues don’t be like me get straight in at doctors

Drop the coffee and see what happens then. For all I know, I’m never touching the crap again.

Had mri scan fri at Boston hospital which was ok , abt 40 mins , just poor lad who has cancer / had was there for a scan from what I understand to see if chemo had got rid of it , got himself in such a state which was understandable , but got me thinking when I was in mri scanner about things , really lovely people but was glad to get out of there in the end
Got phone call from my consultant today ( a different one ) who went through , was there a history of prostrate problems in family ( no ) was there blood in my urine ( no ) , was there blood in my ■■■■■ ( asked this before and couldn’t answer ) , but no , said I need a biopsy to see what the soft tissue on prostrate is ( been called lump, nodgel before ) , cancerous or not
I’m staying positive , I’m not peeing blood , none in ■■■■■ , I’m not in pain , loosing weight or feel ill , even went from 10 pm - 5.45 this morning before I had a pee , my understanding ( I can’t ask daughter / nurse ) as I’ve only told her of diabetis is that mri scan would of shown full body , it seems it’s only shown a abnormality on prostrate so hopefully if it is cancerous it’s not spread
It’s not easy at times as your mind is everywhere , lie awake for hours thinking about things
Hopefully reading this does make people get to docs ASAP if they start to pee a lot , this will be last post on this subject as I think I’m going to have a fight on my hands when biopsy Commes back so don’t think I’ll be in the right frame of mind to talk about things , my personal / family fight
All the best & just do me one thing , listen to me for once & get checked !!

Well after 5 weeks waiting for the result of the biopsy I finally got it today , done by phone by a consultant due to covid , out of 18 biopsy’s of the prostrate done only 3 were of concern , apparently there’s a grading of these , and it starts at 6 ( lowest risk ) - 10 highest ) ( lot to take in so I may of got 6-10 wrong , I’m graded at 6 which is the lowest risk , 10 being the highest
So the consultant said I could have a operation ( I’m guessing to remove prostrate ) or follow his advice which is watch & check ( psa test every 3 months & a mri scan every year , but if at any point I change my mind they will operate , I’ve decided to follow the consultants advice & watch / check , but if there’s any change in psa / mri I will have the operation .
Consultant did say with diabetis it is difficult to say what causes weeding a lot at times as prostrate or diabetis or both could be causing that . Now got to get diabetis sorted as issues with feet , apparently very week pulse in foot
But from what could of been really bad news turned out the best result I could probably of hoped for .

I’m still having a 6 monthly psa check as mine is hovering around the 5.5 mark and was 5:9 last time, I’ve had 2 biopsies and 2 mri’s all came back clear but the last one was in 2016 so wouldn’t mind another mri scan as I’m now 55 yrs old apart from peeing more often everything else is perfect down there but you still never know.

Still not had consultation , was told 3 monthly & mri I think yearly , impression I got was with consultant I first spoke too , but now 5 months & my appointment for 5 March has been cancelled & put back to the end of the month , & apparently consultation is with a urology nurse not a consultant .
Did psa blood test 26 th feb for 5 th March so would of thought someone could look at that and at least ring & say if it was different from psa I first did , they were great at the beginning but since I st consultation it’s slipped , hopefully lump , psa hasn’t altered so 5 months consultation instead of 3 won’t matter
Daughter , nurse , not happy
Anyway I guess I’ve enough with high blood pressure , poor circulation ( diabetis ) to be going on with for now

Had phone consultation , psa basically same as last time 8.5 , said good news , asked the normal questions , peeing a lot etc , but said it’s not easy with me as diagnosed with diabetis at same time so blurs thing as it could be 1 or both causing any problems I have , another phone consultation , psa test in June then mri Oct , but said it’s all positive at moment , can’t say anymore as need a pee , must go

Consultation today , last psa 8.5 , this time 20.4 ( yes I did say 20.4 ) , urology nurse said it’s bizzare , have you had a infection , do you cycle a lot , so got to have another blood test in 4 weeks + mri scan ASAP , not sure what to think other than I should of ignored consultants advice to have consultations every 3 months , mri every year & just had it took away , ive blamed everything on diabetis but who knows , me & mrs can’t think of anything different , other than blood test was at hospital not doctors
But cant see that being the reason it’s gone from 8.5 to 20 .4 , talk about one step forward , 40 back , even daughter who is a nurse is puzzled , even asked nurse if it could be diabetis tablets causing it , she didn’t think so & why didn’t it affect psa last time as was taking tablets then
Anyway look after your health , don’t end up like me !!