Prospect of fuel protests rises

And all that oil in the US is going to do you a lot of good with your V12 Jag in the UK… If you plan to drive over, may I suggest you get your finger out as it will be icing up in Siberia and Alaska now.

And if you think the US would ever use their finds to help anyone else out, you are barking… Half the reason prices are so high is because of the deliberately devalued US Dollar.

Blundrman,the reason all that oil is still in the ground in the US is because if they start drawing it out it will prove they didn`t need to go into Iraq.also why draw it out now when it would destroy the price of crude, wait till the middle east is running low then sell it worldwide at 2-3x the amount they could now.

i think its time the soo called government done something about fuel prices as its now reaching 149.9 a litre along the west coast of scotland for white and petrol at the 143.9 mark

bobthedog:
And all that oil in the US is going to do you a lot of good with your V12 Jag in the UK… If you plan to drive over, may I suggest you get your finger out as it will be icing up in Siberia and Alaska now.

And if you think the US would ever use their finds to help anyone else out, you are barking… Half the reason prices are so high is because of the deliberately devalued US Dollar.

The reason why (the UK) price of road fuel is so high is because of taxation and if the yanks made the dollar any higher then the Chinese would just be able to buy the States because it would make US imports/Chinese exports even cheaper and get all that oil for themselves.

Even if the yanks did put all of that on the international market,at a fair 1960’s/early 1970’s price,then the Brit government would just tax the zb out of road fuel even more,for so called ‘environmental’ reasons,just like they did with our own North Sea oil which they ‘could’ have let us have on the home market for non OPEC,pre 1973 prices,instead of giving it away for dollars instead. :imp: :unamused:

Up the revolution :smiley:

Who’s head is first on the chopping block?