Pros and cons of cage work

Cage work pros :

Keeps you relatively fit.

Cage work cons :

How long have you got?

It’s crappy work and hard graft. Which would you prefer to do for the same money :

a. multi-drop cage work dragging >1 tonne cages with square wheels about in a confined space and then trying to stop them falling over if/when you finally manage to manhandle it onto the tail lift.
b. one-hit curtain-sider to an RDC with 26 pallets of pop.

?

No-one does cage work by choice. You do cage work if you’re new to the industry and that’s what your agency offers you.

Mick Bracewell:
?

No-one does cage work by choice. You do cage work if you’re new to the industry and that’s what your agency offers you.

Royal Mail is a great choice for cage work.

Evolved:

Mick Bracewell:
?

Royal Mail is a great choice for cage work.

Yes I agree. I had forgotten about them. Shop delivery work with cages is mostly a ball-ache though.

Mick Bracewell:
Shop delivery work with cages is mostly a ball-ache though.

Usually

And some of the shops are a crap to get to

(Unnamed supermarket ) Guildford store in a 26t requires 73 shunts to get in and out

I regularly do supermarket work freshfood and frozen cages ok, loaded with tins and beer absolute @#$&'s . As @Juddian said it keeps you fit but wear gloves and boots, watch for uneven ground and slopes, lower your suspension when needed too! Last thing you want is remove the bar and the lorry unloads itself.
I actually hate empty cages even more! When they are pushed into each other they can be even worse!
Go for it, have fun and be careful.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk