Professional my arse

No one has touched on the subject of the Tang Man breaking the No1 golden rule of Tanganism…

dave docwra:
No one has touched on the subject of the Tang Man breaking the No1 golden rule of Tanganism…

He’d already lost all credibility in that regard by returning to lane 2 and not passing the van. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

dave docwra:

braking? :confused:

beefy4605:

ezydriver:

beefy4605:

toonsy:
Six pages I reckon :laughing: any advance?

Surprised it has gotten this far .
Tang’s no angel but he kept it moving , got round the idiots , used all 3 lanes to make steady progress, gave the clown in the BMW a wakeup call and no boats were missed (probably ) and no panels scratched or damaged . No kittens or nuns got squashed and nobody got hurt - what exactly is the problem here ?
As none of us were there we have no idea what happened in the few minutes or miles before the camera started recording.

That your daughter could have been driving the BMW.

My daughter is 14 and already has driven my truck (on closed roads) she is much better than the clown in the BMW.
My son is 17 and just applied for his licence and again has plenty of driving experience on closed roads - I’m not worried about him either .

Time to stop being offended / concerned and outraged for everyone else .
As I said no one got hurt , nothing got damaged - nothing to see here . . This stupidity has been going on for years - now with the event of do gooders / lorry haters with dash cams it becomes something to talk about .
I have been sent a video of what happens when you change a tyre on the hardshoulder of a motorway and it all goes wrong - I wouldn’t post it here as its probably to graphic for most of you but it shows what can go wrong not what a snowflake thinks maybe / might go wrong .

:open_mouth: Jesus…

malcolmgbell:
Can you get a EE Tang

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
if the hat fits??

youtube.com/watch?v=eZZ-d0C-sKg

dieseldog999:

malcolmgbell:
Can you get a EE Tang

if the hat fits??

I wet my nappy every time I watch that

malcolmgbell:

dieseldog999:

malcolmgbell:
Can you get a EE Tang

if the hat fits??

I wet my nappy every time I watch that

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
well it kinda typifies the normal craic and bit of fun between drivers that nowadays is somewhat lacking in the uk.
its still there over here in tangland to varying degrees,but theres a lot of good natured banter between drivers over here despite the ever increasing officialdom and stobart/tosco type influence.
just depends on your perspective as no doubt someone will come along and gob off about if a speeding ■■■■■■ up truckie crashed into your family ect.

youtube.com/watch?v=vlTz-yG … avofreitas

dieseldog999:

dave docwra:

braking? :confused:

Braking is not a rule, it is a given :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Look at the position of the seat and the steering wheel. :open_mouth: :laughing: Car drivers trying to drive trucks. :unamused:

Carryfast:

dieseldog999:

Look at the position of the seat and the steering wheel. :open_mouth: :laughing: Car drivers trying to drive trucks. :unamused:

What’s your point?
The days have gone when you were hunched over the wheel of your TK Bedford like Quasimodo with L plates on, with your head tilted forward in order for you to see under the top of the windscreen. :unamused:
Modern trucks can be driven in comfort.
Seat down to floor, backrest right back.(well.as far back as you can in a ■■■■ Actros :unamused: ) and steering wheel as low as it goes and as far back as it goes for me.

Carryfast:

dieseldog999:

Pedestal sitter nit picking may be fishing

robroy:

Carryfast:

dieseldog999:

What’s your point?
The days have gone when you were hunched over the wheel of your TK Bedford like Quasimodo with L plates on, with your head tilted forward in order for you to see under the top of the windscreen. :unamused:
Seat down to floor, backrest right back.(well.as far back as you can in a [zb] Actros :unamused: ) and steering wheel as low as it goes and as far back as it goes for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and then look for a bump in the road to drive over and knock the ash off of your ■■■…laid back or what? :smiley:

robroy:

Carryfast:

dieseldog999:

What’s your point?
Seat down to floor, backrest right back.(well.as far back as you can in a [zb] Actros :unamused: ) and steering wheel as low as it goes and as far back as it goes for me.

Blimey Rob you’re a lost cause and you might as well join the steering wheel attendants. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

As for modern trucks it depends on your definition of comfort.Not much point in having a suspension seat if you’ve got it low enough to be resting on the bleedin floor and the strain on your arms is obviously more if the steering wheel is set vertically and higher than where you’re sitting like driving with the ape hanger bars of a bleedin Chopper bike.I’d take the old school supposedly ‘hunched over the wheel’ of a Bedford rather than sitting on the floor of a Mini thanks. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3Vfizu2fYs

youtube.com/watch?v=vfIU0GRYcSk

This is ridiculous even by Trucknet standards, 4 pages on what was a couple of bad split second decisions. Do you loads not get bored of disecting something so dull in so much detail?!

switchlogic:
This is ridiculous even by Trucknet standards, 4 pages on what was a couple of bad split second decisions. Do you loads not get bored of disecting something so dull in so much detail?!

Would that be the decision to push the BMW off the road or to dump the suspension seat on the floor and have the steering wheel at eye level. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

switchlogic:

I made the same assumption you have to watch it to the end when the truck retaliates.

switchlogic:

Yeh ok Luke it has gone on a bit tbf. :blush: …but :smiley:

Just to take you up on your point about the ‘couple of bad split second decisions’,… It was more the last bit I was referring to in the thread title, the retaliating bullying tactic if you like, where the Scania illegally moves into lane 3 with the sole intention of forcing the Astra into another lane timing it just right, as you can see by his brake lights.

I don’t know you, but I have seen your vids and your opinions on other topics, and I would have you down personally as the sort of driver who does not use potentially dangerous bullying tactics, nor somebody who would condone it.
Yeh we all know it goes on, and in this case he got away with it without any grief.
So ignoring the 4 pages for a minute, what’s your opinion on that specific part…you can have the LAST word on it. …hopefully. :smiley:

Poor effort from the Scania driver, he had the opportunity to force the car to take the exit and didn’t take it, if you’re going to use your vehicle as a weapon then do a proper job!

All rather unnecessary really, the car moved into what was a clear lane at the same time as the lorry, good reaction from the lorry driver, although had he been paying more attention he could have predicted what was about to unfold. The next bit was silly, red mist and amounted to nothing really, had he swept the car off at the exit, he would have achieved something at least, for all the difference it would have made, but all he did was make himself look like a ■■■■ and make everyone who witnessed it shake their heads.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

We have a little competition at our place on the way back to the yard on Fridays.

Those who know this junction will understand but it’s J1 of the M5 coming southbound from M6.

At the junction we take the A41 towards Wolverhampton so it’s right hand lane and follow the natural designated lane on the roundabout.

Any one trying to do this from the nearside lane at the junction can come unstuck as their lane terminates at the M5 south exit.

The idea is to hug the nearside white line aggressively to stop anyone on the nearside barging over when they realise their lane is M5 south only.

Doing this puts them on the M5 on slip leading to panic braking and trying to fudge across on the chevrons.

My record is 3 and total chaos in my wake, but two of us where nose to tail once and we got 5.

Not professional but great fun… :wink:

theres several options to amuse and brighten up your truckie days ranging from similar scenarios to dippers delight,splashing cyclists,slipstreaming fannys in caravans as you overtake them and realising why they are nicknamed wobble boxes,blasting the horn and looking the other way when some urban ■■■■■■■ walks across standing traffic in front of you wearing earphones,with my personal two favourites being,passig close to a golf course,and blasting the horns just as someones in the middle of their backswing and for those continental jaunts,offloading opened bottles of tizer coming back down the corridor passing the great unwashed and watching them scatter.( this is always best accompanies with the dambusters tune being sung as the same time ). :smiley: