Professional my arse

it may help all those in beano land to understand your average tangs logic whilst on the road.
he will previously have had a few seasons on the grass where there are no other road users apart from ones in cars on country roads to know full well what will happen if they dont get out of his road smartish.
once in possession of his class 1 which will be passed with flying colours then the same logic applies when let loose on the bang on trip dosh.
one of the different aspects of training is knowing the difference to the phrase " hooking her up" where if you relate that to coupling into a trailer then you may just not be what their looking for in an employee.
for the rest of you,then the golden rule for self preservation should always be " never be between a tang and the boat for a moment longer than required "
the link shows perfectly all thats required for your dcpc drivers module in eire and saves the inconvenience of having to sit in a classroom for 8 hours .

youtube.com/watch?v=06ELwQYJSJo

You are spot on with all you say robroy. It’s the kind of driving you see most days now which makes me really glad at the end of this month I will no longer have to say I am a lorry driver.
These type of drivers who tailgate and are aggressive have no right to be driving a car let alone a truck. It makes my blood boil but I hear there are plans in progress to deal with these lunatics once and for all.

do tell… :confused:

This youtu.be/rDFcO3pqRWI

dieseldog999:
it may help all those in beano land to understand your average tangs logic whilst on the road.
he will previously have had a few seasons on the grass where there are no other road users apart from ones in cars on country roads to know full well what will happen if they dont get out of his road smartish.
once in possession of his class 1 which will be passed with flying colours then the same logic applies when let loose on the bang on trip dosh.
one of the different aspects of training is knowing the difference to the phrase " hooking her up" where if you relate that to coupling into a trailer then you may just not be what their looking for in an employee.
for the rest of you,then the golden rule for self preservation should always be " never be between a tang and the boat for a moment longer than required "
the link shows perfectly all thats required for your dcpc drivers module in eire and saves the inconvenience of having to sit in a classroom for 8 hours .

youtube.com/watch?v=06ELwQYJSJo

Which translates as don’t know any better because motorways and learning how to drive properly on them are an alien concept in Paddy land.You know the finer points like reading the road ahead enough to provide sufficient time for a proper lane change. :unamused: :laughing: While at least the ‘beano’ version of a tang ( night trunker in pre limiter days ),like the van,would have been in lane 2 long before reaching the problem car ahead in lane 1 and therefore long before the video starts.Having noticed that it was actually going slower and in the way before virtually running into it.

As for the video that’s obviously the definition of passing your class 1 with flying colours not the dcpc in the land of ‘travellers’ and horse and carts and who as a result are only safe to drive at horse type speeds when they aren’t yard shunting.Driving a truck tis no different to a driving a horse so it is.That’s the theory test passed. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDiw1rro7b8

DD is being very naughty…

malcolmgbell:
This youtu.be/rDFcO3pqRWI

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ledgend. :laughing:

i can tell you with absolute certainty as to answering the driving test question about an aspect of motorway driving a few years ago,then the answer was as follows.
son,dont be asking me anything about motorways.
we live in donegal,and il be taking the wife to the shops twice a week,then we will be going to mass on a sunday…shortly after that,he had the pass certificate in his hand.
they still show adverts on the telly about what to do at roundabouts over here.
mr tang only did what most would want to do and mostly dont have the spark of devil may care attitude to do it,which is ,get the dawdling pillocks behind you.
you see it often so no big deal other than some wazzock with a dashcam filmed it.
its a much more laid back attitude over here than the uk mainland thank goodness.

dieseldog999:
mr tang only did what most would want to do and mostly dont have the spark of devil may care attitude to do it,which is ,get the dawdling pillocks behind you.
you see it often so no big deal other than some wazzock with a dashcam filmed it.
its a much more laid back attitude over here than the uk mainland thank goodness.

Let’s get this right the definition of laid back there means can’t drive and then blame others for their own mistakes.While laid back would actually be more like Italy where they take liberties but also know how to drive while doing it.

On that note the BMW driver who paddy got the hump with had actually over taken him.Unlike paddy having not boxed himself in behind the muppet in lane 1.It only all went pear shaped when for whatever reason he returned to lane 2 just as paddy made a panic lane change without even indicating.Which to be fair possibly explains why the BMW driver didn’t stay out in lane 3.At which point the horse driving hero then went full ■■■■■■ in the form of using lane 3 to make a retaliatory road rage attack. :unamused:

well its a forum and we all have different views.
i see paddy blocked in by the ■■■■■■ in the iveco van crawling past him when his lane is clear in front.
as soon as he clears,then theres no need for paddy to indicate as his lane is clear behind him as seen from the dashcam.
as soon as he lobs her out,bmw myopic trys to enter his lane while paddy is almost totally in it.
because the corsa brake checked paddy,he is now blocking him from re entering lane 1 even though lane 1 is empty in front of the corsa and he shouldnt be crawling along without care and attention.
the tangs in general tend to be very competent drivers due to the fact most of ireland isnt motorway and they need to be aware of where their surroundings are more than your average cannon fodder trunker or tosco type worker.
nobodys mentioned the black car in lane 1 at the end of the video driving in a worse manner than anyone else for full on myopia. :confused: :confused:

dieseldog999:
i see paddy blocked in by the ■■■■■■ in the iveco van crawling past him when his lane is clear in front.
as soon as he clears,then theres no need for paddy to indicate as his lane is clear behind him as seen from the dashcam.
as soon as he lobs her out,bmw myopic trys to enter his lane while paddy is almost totally in it.
because the corsa brake checked paddy,he is now blocking him from re entering lane 1 even though lane 1 is empty in front of the corsa and he shouldnt be crawling along without care and attention.
the tangs in general tend to be very competent drivers due to the fact most of ireland isnt motorway and they need to be aware of where their surroundings are more than your average cannon fodder trunker or tosco type worker.
nobodys mentioned the black car in lane 1 at the end of the video driving in a worse manner than anyone else for full on myopia. :confused: :confused:

DD999,
Remember you are replying to a bloke whose driving career consisted of dropping lawn mowers off and collecting grass cuttings for his council co-workers, oh and a gritted the path to the canteen in winter.

yep,but i reckon he can park his austin princess to within a millimeter… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
yep,but i reckon he can park his austin princess to within a millimeter… :slight_smile:

It was an Allegro, the Princess was too big for his driving capabilities,

I would like to make two posts this year and not one (thank you all for the opportunity)

As an unproffessioanl driver I am a courier with decades of experience driving 90K a year .!
I have come to this conclusion in these situations

You dont actually know who is in that BMW nor do you know who is driving that truck . Either chariot is a weapon one is bigger than the other ! They could kill in these aggressive situations and there are examples on google where this has happened . The innocent people in the traffic probably come of worse

I see these people in cars trucks and vans waving their fists out the window and threatening anybody that they dont like like the look of .

This is my idea to help keep the danger off the road .
Every service station should have a boxing ring with spare gloves .
If two drivers really are looking for trouble they can then pull in to the next service station and sort it out in the boxing ring and keep the danger off the road and in the ring . I have had this idea for a long time and always wanted to get it off my chest
I feel this site is the perfect place to pitch my thoughts even though I dont drive a truck :slight_smile:

have to disagree there…
the way it works is as follows.
say and do nothing at the time,then come on here and give it large… :smiley:

TRUCKNET DEBATE.gif

dieseldog999:

Firstly there’s nothing in either the Brit or Irish highway codes that says don’t indicate a lane change regardless of traffic.IE mirror signal.It’s quite possible in this case being that lack of signalling which fooled the BMW driver.Although to be fair the move from lane 3 to 2 does seem a bit silly and a deliberate attempt to block paddy.

As for paddy being aware of his surroundings.More like hasn’t got a bleedin clue how to drive on a motorway among traffic.Starting with tailgating the car ahead of him in lane 1 leaving no time or space to make a proper lane change let alone all the other dangers involved in that.Which also obviously means taking account of the BMW in lane 3 especially when,unlike paddy,it’s indicating a lane change to lane 2.While even Stevie Wonder could see that all the trucks wheels are still within lane 1 at 0.10 when BMW driver starts indicating the move to lane 2.

pete smith:
Remember you are replying to a bloke whose driving career consisted of dropping lawn mowers off and collecting grass cuttings for his council co-workers, oh and a gritted the path to the canteen in winter.

My ‘driving career’ actually consisted of more miles driving an artic at around 60-65 mph and a car at well over 100 mph for fun on my holidays than I ever drove as a council driver.Although even working for the council often involved driving trucks capable of 60 mph on pre limiter era motorways.IE more than paddy could ever be trusted to handle. :unamused: :wink:

Are people actually defending the tang here? lol.

As lorry driver’s we’re supposed to overcome the frustrations other road users create for us - that’s what sets us apart.

I see us as parents of the road, and most other road users as toddlers. Think of how a parent acts in the home with young children, watching the kids, anticipating all manner of mishaps whilst being the fully developed, experienced wiser one. This tang was like a bully child throwing a tantrum. There was no need for that as it could have been disaterous. I don’t respect any man who cannot control himself.

My current steed will do 65mph on the limiter but dont tell anyone curryfart just between me and you :wink:

Colin_scottish:
My current steed will do 65mph on the limiter but dont tell anyone curryfart just between me and you :wink:

To be fair I was talking about the days of no limiters. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Not much use in either case if you’re going to stay in lane 1 running up behind slower traffic and getting boxed in as a result when you need to be in lane 2.All because the finer points of maintaining seperation distance and with it the time/space needed to make a safe lane change,are too much to get your head around,as in this case. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

ezydriver:
Are people actually defending the tang here? lol.

As lorry driver’s we’re supposed to overcome the frustrations other road users create for us - that’s what sets us apart.

I see us as parents of the road, and most other road users as toddlers. Think of how a parent acts in the home with young children, watching the kids, anticipating all manner of mishaps whilst being the fully developed, experienced wiser one. This tang was like a bully child throwing a tantrum. There was no need for that as it could have been disaterous. I don’t respect any man who cannot control himself.

None of us is perfect and the red mist is a human reaction sometimes.The difference is knowing that it’s wrong afterwards and certainly not thinking that wasn’t the truck driver’s fault.Especially in this case when the tang should realise that it was his mistake,in running up too close and too late to the slower car ahead in lane 1,that kicked off the whole sequence.