Professional driver not

I had similar earlier

Was tootling down the M6, minding my own business, when I saw a car ahead driving slow. I thought they were looking for a place to park (or kerb-crawling) but it transpired they were just unfamiliar with the speed limit on British Motorways. Not a problem though thinks I, everyone has a right to drive a speed they wish. After all, its a limit and not a target so I looks in my mirror to see a car sitting just off the back of the trailer.
I sat for a bit to see if they would move past but they didn’t. By now I was almost on the car in front who was doing about 52mph and just at that I noticed a small box in the road. I was fearful it might contain a small kitten and so quick as a flash, without thought to my own safety, I threw the truck into lane 2.
As a total pro behind the wheel, I knew the small Fiat 500 was just far enough back to not be hit but I think the loose indicator stalk gave my indicators a couple of flashes and the bright light woke them up and in their panic their muscles spasmed and they jumped on the brakes. Luckily it had been raining and the road was wet otherwise they might have blown a tyre with all the friction of rubber screeching on tarmac
Now during my heroics of saving the occupants of the original Miss Daisy, my magic tree air freshener was swinging about and it hit my phone which was secured safely and legally in a holder attached to my windscreen. The touch screen is extremely sensitive and this caused my phone to leap into life and begin showing the last movie I had been watching during my break. A rather tear-jerking rendition of “Annie” began playing.
Now I am familiar with the law and thought I best not touch my phone whilst driving. Its apparently safer to not touch it under any circumstances until stopped with the engine off and so I left it be and thought I would come off at the next exit and switch it off then.
About a mile after this, another truck comes up beside me and I noticed the driver peering into my cab.
I thought “That’s dangerous, we’re doing 56mph. He should be watching the road, not peering into another lorry cab”.
I tried to explain to him what had happened using hand gestures and elaborate bunny shadows but he was too transfixed on Annie (well it was at a good bit) and as he shook his head and continued to overtake I remember thinking to myself “God I really hope this incident doesnt end up on a forum somewhere. I’d hate for someone who got the events wrong plaster it online”

Thankfully that hasn’t happened yet, knock on wood

i would consider yourself extremely lucky to have gotten out of that horrific scenario unscathed though i have to wonder whether this is just an elaborate get out of jail in advance excuse ,because in reality and especially with it being “annie” playing away then you would obviously have been sitting on the cruise with your feet up on the dash and your ■■■■ out at the time chugging away with your elbow flapping like a bee`s wing■■?

Rowley give it up. My missus is laughing here she just went over your posts .All she said was imagine living with him. She even suggested you change your name here to Victor Meldrew.

Rowley010:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:
Still waiting …

Come on norfolk man , out with that evidence. You can’t say things about me and not back them up. :laughing: Happens too often on here. :wink:

Apologies for the delay Jake, I have been out and about today.
Just briefly can you just be clear what it is I’ve said about you that needs evidencing and in what form you would like that evidence ie: documents or links.
Thanks for the help.
I’ll post a reply either later today or tomorrow as I’m off out for dinner.

Documents and a full witness statement please

He is getting confused now, answering with the wrong login.

Rowley010:
Coming down M6 I see an artic approaching car in lane 1. He gets closer and closer and closer until he gets so close it’s dangerous, he signals and with 2 flashes moves out causing a car in lane 2 to have to brake hard in wet conditions. Mile or so on I overtake him and he’s got his phone in a holder in the windscreen with a film on.

Now I know Robroy and his merry men will he along to say how this is fine. Whether it’s to wind me up (which it doesn’t) or whether they actually think it’s ok I suspect sadly it’s about 50/50.

What is with the attitude of some drivers? Do they realise what they are behind the wheel of and what damage they can do?

youtu.be/a4eav7dFvc8

Norfolkinclue1:

Rowley010:
Coming down M6 I see an artic approaching car in lane 1. He gets closer and closer and closer until he gets so close it’s dangerous, he signals and with 2 flashes moves out causing a car in lane 2 to have to brake hard in wet conditions. Mile or so on I overtake him and he’s got his phone in a holder in the windscreen with a film on.

Now I know Robroy and his merry men will he along to say how this is fine. Whether it’s to wind me up (which it doesn’t) or whether they actually think it’s ok I suspect sadly it’s about 50/50.

What is with the attitude of some drivers? Do they realise what they are behind the wheel of and what damage they can do?

Wake up, for goodness sake wake up Rowley, you’re typing in your sleep again…

I too had a very similar occurrence the other night terrible tailgating by a truck driver here’s the proof probably the same that Rowley010 saw different road mind but terrible tailgating by a driver on the phone and tossing himself off

jakethesnake:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:
Still waiting …

Come on norfolk man , out with that evidence. You can’t say things about me and not back them up. :laughing: Happens too often on here. :wink:

Just briefly can you just be clear what it is I’ve said about you that needs evidencing and in what form you would like that evidence ie: documents or links.
Thanks for the help.

No problem, better late than never…

I’ve learned from your post that Elevenerife is in Asia, I always had it down as more European, many thanks.

Just show me the post where I said the above? I did not say Elevenerife or Tenerife was in Asia (ever) I have been to Tenerife and I have been to Asia and know exactly where they are so an explanation would be nice. :wink:

jakethesnake:

jakethesnake:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:
Still waiting …

Thanks for the help.

No problem, better late than never…

I’ve learned from your post that Elevenerife is in Asia, I always had it down as more European, many thanks.

Just show me the post where I said the above? I did not say Elevenerife or Tenerife was in Asia (ever) I have been to Tenerife and I have been to Asia and know exactly where they are so an explanation would be nice. :wink:

Blimey, just spotted this and you’re still banging that drum, bless your enthusiasm, well I suppose I should play your little games so here goes…

To clarify from your post above chap, you are asking me to show you “ the post where I said the above”…the one you highlighted in bold…that’s my post not yours you imbecile.
Also I never said you knew where Elevenerife is, nor that you had ever been there, feel free to post up my actual words to that affect, you really shouldn’t assume, by all means you can read what you like into my post but do be a good man and don’t misrepresent my actual words, it’s a little tragic and only further exposes your desperation for forum oxygen.
You really need to up your game, I hope I’ve explained it clearly enough, I too await your evidence as to the things I’ve said about you, do try to use the correct quotes though fella :unamused:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:
I could like Rowley go on…

Oh no, please do…it’s fascinating and relentlessly refreshing.
On the plus side, I’ve learned from your post that Elevenerife is in Asia, I always had it down as more European, many thanks.

Your original reply to me as above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please do not call me an inbecile just because you simply cant understand what you are doing or who you are repling to. :unamused:

jakethesnake:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:
I could like Rowley go on…

Oh no, please do…it’s fascinating and relentlessly refreshing.
On the plus side, I’ve learned from your post that Elevenerife is in Asia, I always had it down as more European, many thanks.

Your original reply to me as above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correct, now where does I say that you have been to elevenerife or know where it is… I’m waiting :grimacing: :grimacing:

jakethesnake:
Please do not call me an inbecile just because you simply cant understand what you are doing or who you are repling to. :unamused:

Hahahahaha…

The irony that you quoted my own post in bold and then asked me to prove where you said it is not lost on me as you now suggest I don’t know who I am replying to, I suggest you re read your post fella, you clearly had my post in bold and then asked me to prove where you said it.
Devil is in the detail as you well know and I’m sure we are all slowly find out when it comes to your posts.

The defence rests, and awaits your ignorance towards my post and a doubtless long wait for proof of me actually saying you holiday in Elevenerife or know where it is…

Tick Tock Jake, tick tock :grimacing:

Apologies to everyone having to put up with this drivel but I’ve got time on my hands so this may take a while for Jake to realise that he wasn’t quite the smart arse he thought he was when he tried to call me out. :unamused: :unamused:

Correct, now where does I say that you have been to elevenerife or know where it is… I’m waiting :grimacing:

I love that, what does it mean?

Let me explain in plain English what happened. You implied in your first reply to me on this thread that I had said that Elevenerife was in Asia.

Ok, understand that bit? You however said you thought it was in Europe. Understand?

I then replied asking you to show me where I had said it was in Asia and up until now you have failed to do so. Get a grip eh.

jakethesnake:
Correct, now where does I say that you have been to elevenerife or know where it is… I’m waiting :grimacing:

Let me explain in plain English what happened. You implied in your first reply to me on this thread that I had said that Elevenerife was in Asia.

Ok, understand that bit? You however said you thought it was in Europe. Understand?

I then replied asking you to show me where I had said it was in Asia and up until now you have failed to do so. Get a grip eh.

“Implied” so never said anything then. Jolly good, case closed and you managed to get there all by yourself, have a biscuit. You really really need to read things carefully in future. :wink:
Devil is in the detail chap, you can spend several posts trying to be the big man and demanding things from me, calling me out etc but you were wrong and making things up for attention, it’s yet another pathetic situation centred on yourself.
Let’s hope this is the end to this ridiculous topic, however I suspect that unless the mods close it you will be along shortly to carry it on, I’ve got plenty of time Jake, it’s fun watching you tie yourself up after missing the basic point of all of this… :grimacing: :grimacing:
As for getting a grip, I think I might need a few lessons from your good self, I suspect your are something of an expert at a good grip, usually just after one of Rowleys posts and dependant on logging in times of course.
Enjoy your Sunday chap, I’m of out for lovely pub lunch, bit of a walk and then a nice takeaway with film, you should try it, it’s very relaxing.
Might be a Chinese tonight and I think the film will be Me,Myself and Irene… :smiling_imp:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:

“Implied” so never said anything then. Jolly good, case closed and you managed to get there all by yourself, have a biscuit. You really really need to read things carefully in future. :wink:
Devil is in the detail chap, you can spend several posts trying to be the big man and demanding things from me, calling me out etc but you were wrong and making things up for attention, it’s yet another pathetic situation centred on yourself.
Let’s hope this is the end to this ridiculous topic, however I suspect that unless the mods close it you will be along shortly to carry it on, I’ve got plenty of time Jake, it’s fun watching you tie yourself up after missing the basic point of all of this… :grimacing: :grimacing:
As for getting a grip, I think I might need a few lessons from your good self, I suspect your are something of an expert at a good grip, usually just after one of Rowleys posts and dependant on logging in times of course.
Enjoy your Sunday chap, I’m of out for lovely pub lunch, bit of a walk and then a nice takeaway with film, you should try it, it’s very relaxing.
Might be a Chinese tonight and I think the film will be Me,Myself and Irene… :smiling_imp:

I think you’ll find these 2 muppets have been sussed out so game over amen

robthedog:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:

Dammit, I though my last line was quite clever, Asian meal and a film about multiple personalities…off to the pub then…

[/quote]
[/quote]
Dammit, I though my last line was quite clever, Asian meal and a film about multiple personalities…off to the pub then…
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
are you going alone?? :wink:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:

Apologies but I have had more sense from a brick wall. On a positive note I am glad you seem to be feeling a lot better than recently.

jakethesnake:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:

Apologies but I have had more sense from a brick wall. On a positive note I am glad you seem to be feeling a lot better than recently.

Looks like the twinset are back in da house

[/quote]
[/quote]
Looks like the twinset are back in da house
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
didnt take long though,did it? :unamused: