Prison following changes to the Highway Code Rule 91

the nodding donkey:

JeffA:
I’m driving while tired approx 99.9% of my working life.

It’s getting tiresome now…

(See what I did there?)

Sorry I was too tired… :smiley:

Is the new Highway Code sponsored by BRAKE, it sounds like one of their daft spoutages

Back in the old days it was simply “3,5,7,9 little white line” to keep you going.

The worst part is, how the hell do they 1) police it and 2) determine if an individual has had less sleep than THEY typically need…

Some people can legitimately function on 4-5 hours sleep. Others can’t. It’s so different for each person.

What is it next, they mandate how big your meals are so you don’t go into a post mega-meal comatose?

Absolute joke.

They should be focusing more on regular drivers rather than commercial ones, and van drivers at that. Speeding around residential areas like maniacs.

They are going to have to adjust the hours down ,those doing 15 spread with the best will in the world will not be so on the ball after 10 on duty something has to give …15 is far to long

JeffA:
If you have done nothing wrong you wont be getting your cheeks busted in chokey.

Bugger it

We’ve now seen a hyped-up shortage slowly but surely be turned into reality via the backdoor…

Romanians going home…
…Hours relaxed, and then rigidly enforced just as the unsuspecting might have made a habit of it…

Managed motorways - going nowhere.
Cycle Lanes - going nowhere.
No premium for driving in London

No full time directly employed contracts @ current Agency rates

and more employers paying “shift rate” rather than “hourly rates”…

So £145 per shift - might sound good for a shift that is maximum 8 hours, or pays overtime after 8 hours - BUT in realiticy is 12-15 hours every shift possible, 5-6-5-6…

The message clearly being sent out to the main workforce is that you WILL hang up your keys, and let someone else have a go!

But who??

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not a Saxon fan are you Winseer? You saying “going nowhere” twice had me singing “we were strangers in the night” to myself :slight_smile:

Good job whoever wrote the Highway Code isn’t working for the CAA. LOL!

I’m more awake between midnight and 6 AM than I am between midday and 6 PM. That also explains why it is 0215 in the morning and I’m sat here on the computer.

grumpybum:
On The Westminster Hour (radio) last night, this woman called Annabel Denham (Director of Communications at the Institute of Economic Affairs), was spouting off about driver’s hours and saying that they needed relaxing.

When the host asked her about safety and working conditions, she said “they are being overly cautious” :open_mouth: :unamused:

I’ve fired off a snotty email. It won’t change her mind, but it made me feel better.

That dopey ‘mare is either intentionally or uninformatively looking at the’ 9hrs driving’ and saying, well they’re off for 15hrs between shifts. They truely are clueless.

There’s a reason I refuse to do 9 hours rest. Everyone should.

Double post

M65Chris:
There’s a reason I refuse to do 9 hours rest. Everyone should.

I agree…

But not everyone has the good fortune to work for outfits that’ll accept those terms.

‘9 hours you say?’

‘Yeh’

‘Ok, your motor’s in for service next week, put all your kit in the spare when you get back.’