Prime Ministers Questions!

Progress facebook.com/10004447771675 … 421550878/?

switchlogic:
Progress facebook.com/10004447771675 … 421550878/?

I personally don’t see how it is in the remit of the government to do anything in regards to distribution centre wait times. This is an area in which the RHA should get involved. Industry wide action needs to be done in order to tackle it e.g. big hauliers need to come together and start fining firms that make their drivers wait too long.

Either way, I dont deliver to distribution centres so it does not bother me but if I did I would not want change. I would be quite happy waiting 3+ hours at a distribution centre. If they reduced the wait times all that would mean is they could get more deliveries out of me.

Legislation to limit waiting time. Done in other countries. If you did deliver to distribution centres you’d realise why 3+ hours in a manky waiting room isn’t better than driving.

switchlogic:
Legislation to limit waiting time. Done in other countries. If you did deliver to distribution centres you’d realise why 3+ hours in a manky waiting room isn’t better than driving.

Yea, true I would refuse to do that. But I know at Tesco they now allow drivers to wait in the cab (Due to covid).

adam277:

switchlogic:

Yea, true I would refuse to do that. But I know at Tesco they now allow drivers to wait in the cab (Due to covid).

Why are you not allowed to sit in the cab at some places?

D.Thompson:

90% of my deliveries are at RDC’s and since the onset of the plague I’ve not come across any place that don’t allow you to sit in the cab. Granted some require you to sit in the passenger side (they love showing you who’s boss) but that’s still infinitely better than a waiting room.

Thought I remembered this, and £250,000 was a lot more 10+ years ago. To then say lorry driving is a well remunerated job. The man is a monstrosity.

the maoster:

D.Thompson:

90% of my deliveries are at RDC’s and since the onset of the plague I’ve not come across any place that don’t allow you to sit in the cab. Granted some require you to sit in the passenger side (they love showing you who’s boss) but that’s still infinitely better than a waiting room.

Sorry I should have been more specific, in normal times why are you not allowed to sit in the ccab even if in the passenger side for what I can only assume is safety reasons.

Because bell ends pull off the bays using their spare keys even when there is a red light glaring at them.
This has caused injuries to warehouse staff causing us all to be condemned to sitting in a waiting room with a tv blaring on a dross channel and sitting on deliberately uncomfortable seats.
Tesco was the worst for me, especially Daventry.

Rothman:
Because bell ends pull off the bays using their spare keys even when there is a red light glaring at them.
This has caused injuries to warehouse staff causing us all to be condemned to sitting in a waiting room with a tv blaring on a dross channel and sitting on deliberately uncomfortable seats.

I do not doubt there have been a couple of isolated cases maybe years ago., but imo that’s the official line,.a bit like the one about the famous guy who spends his trucking life ■■■■■■■■ up the walls of firms toilets, … ALWAYS used as an excuse to stop us using them, or to justify you having to use their ■■■■ portaloos.
I dont do rdc’s that often (thank Christ) but I’m sure I’ve been asked to chock up, and even put a suzie lock on… AND then being told to sit in a crappy waiting area.

Just stupid rules I reckon, because they can.

Rothman:

Sadly…

This is the reason we can’t be trusted. In the first week or so of Sainsbury’s Hams Hall operation, a driver pulled off on a red light and dropped the forklift off the ramp. The forky was lucky and got away with a few brusies and shock only. The following week, that was it, everyone out and sit in this cramped little dungeon.
H&S and the company solicitors make the decision about these things now.
Perhaps the one benefit that covid has bought us, sitting in our cabs.

As for Tesco’s droning TV, I carry a device that switches televisions off. Cost about a tenner on Ebay.

robroy:

Rothman:
Just stupid rules I reckon, because they can.

Certainly sounds that way.